Home » » Droid does and iPhone with jailbreak does too

Droid does and iPhone with jailbreak does too

Written By Hans Berger on Tuesday, October 20, 2009 | 10:19 AM

Droid does: iPhone with jailbreak too
The Droid is not out yet, but the Droid does website and commercial have been up since Satuday. The commercial makes some fair points about the iPhone not having certain features, but what Verizon does not know is that most of the "i Don't" remarks are not true for iPhone users who are jailbroken. If you don't know what a jailbroken iPhone is, go to the jailbreak page to find out. If you want to jailbreak your iPhone, check out our jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 post.

Here is a list of the features mentiond in Verizon's  iDon't commercial. Jailbroken iPhone users can already get these features.

• iDon't have a real keyboard: An iPhone does not have  a physical keyboard, but it does have a virtual keyboard. Out of all the virtual keyboards I've tried, the iPhone's virtual keyboard is the best. It is really easy to use, and I consider it a real keyboard.

• iDon't run simultaneous apps: Users with jailbroken iPhones can download the Backgrounder app from Cydia and multi-task with it.

• iDon't take night shots: Yes, Verizon is right on this one.

• iDon't allow open development: I'm not really sure what Verizon means by this, but the jailbreak community does allow open developmet.

• iDon't cusomize: Jailbroken iPhones are really customizeable. With Saurik's Winterboard application, the iPhone can be themed. There are many different quality themes available in Cydia.

• iDon't run widgets: Try the Intelliscreen application from the Rock application. It has widgets that allow you to put whatever you want on your lockscreen. There's also an application called QTweetr that lets you tweet any time you want by sliding it out.

• iDon't have interchangeable batteries: That's true, no amount of jailbreaking can give us interchangeable batteries but I don't really look for this feature in phones.

If Apple were open source, the iPhone could really take on all their competitors. Unless Apple opens up, their competitors like Verizon Droid, Palm Pre, or other phones do stand a good chance at beating them. It doesn't seem likely that Applew will ever open up. They are always trying to patch the exploits that allow iPhone users to jailbreak. They love playing the cat and mouse game. Will the Verizon Droid cause Apple to open up? I really hope so!

brad in Seattle
October 20, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I think the commercial's point is that unless you're some kind of wizard who can figure out how to jailbreak a phone then the iphone doesn't allow you to do a whole bunch of things other systems do. Although most people can jailbreak their iphone, they are scared about apple finding out, voiding the warranty, bricking their phone - irrational fears but fears that block them nonetheless and only wizards know how to get their phone back from the dead.

brad in Seattle
October 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM

PS - I've jailbroken several phones and only once did it go smoothly where I didn't have to do some trickery to get it working again

john
October 20, 2009 at 10:49 AM

you dont have to be a wizard to jailbreak. its user friendly and tells you what to do step by step, and blackra1n does everything for you.

Anatolias
October 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM

How about that fact that I shouldn't have to jailbreak my phone. Why can't my phone do what I want when I take it out of the box? All this is saying is that if you want to go against Apple (the symbol you worship that is) and have a phone that does more than it was made to do, but still things that it can easily handle then go ahead, but you have to go against your beloved apple to do it. Verizon is giving us a phone with an already open source platform that already does things I want it to do. I've jailbroken two iphones successfully... but the point is I shouldn't have had to in the first place, and that's the big mistake Apple is making. People will flock to true open source, and if it's easier to get than having to jailbreak an iphone, then that's where they're gonna go. This could be a crucial error by Apple if it doesn't take this as a hint to open up or change some policies... Frankly, I would rather have Verizon's network anyway,(AT&T is abysmal and way behind the times) so if this is even a decent as is sounds then I'm jumping off the Apple ship.

October 20, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I agree they are at par, but all Apple has to do is open to the dev community and roll out a version with flash for a better camera and it'll leave currently to be deployed droid in the dust. Plus, we won't know for sure til droid is out cause features is one thing but how it really performs; accuracy, performance, batterylife (even if rechargeable) glitches etc can render a perfectly envisioned or conceived phone, USELESS :-(

jedoonat
October 20, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I just think that Verizon and Microsoft are taking some really cheap shots. But think that no matter what, the iPhone is still gonna come out on top. I love my iPhone 3GS w/jailbreak.

Crack it
October 20, 2009 at 12:40 PM

The iPhone is just as capable when it is JAILBROKEN it can do almost all of that when it is software related the IPHONE CAN DO BETTER!!! it just APPLE WITH ALL OF THEIR RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATION when the iPhone is JAILBROKEN it is the BEST PHONE EVER!!!

Aris
October 20, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Yea apple has never taken any cheap shots...

MacT
October 20, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Ummm...Droid doesn't require me to break my contract, lose my warranty, risk "bricking" my phone to get these features enabled. Don't get me wrong...I think the iPhone, even in it's "disabled" status has demonstrated to the world that phones are NOT just phones...they need to be much more...and it IS all about the APPS...not the phone! Love seeing some legit competition for Apple...will only help drive the prices down and increase the features for all of us!

Linda
October 20, 2009 at 3:26 PM

If you announce an "amazing new phone" and you have to brag about it having a $1 LED light on it... which BARELY helps take pictures in the dark...

... that's a big deal?

iCizzle
October 20, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Ya c i agree if one really wants to take a night with any phone non of them work as well as a camera flash. And for the removable battery why do u need it seriously? i had my original iphone for 2 years and it was fine till i got rid of it for my 3gs. and for the upgrade price of 200 bucks for the base 3gs thts cheap enough for me i think ppl just like to complain all i ask for is a jailbreak at all times and btw iv never even saw a bricked phone and i jailbreak alot of ppls phone regardless of if it was the pwnage tool, redsn0w, or now black rain, if u dont like the iphone then go buy a piece of sh*t blackberry

October 20, 2009 at 5:16 PM

No need to shout through your post lol. I love apple computers and i think the iphone is cool but i would never get1 for the sole purpose of being lumped into that category of fanatical fanboys such as yourself. The short end of the stick is that the current build of android 1.6 floating around out there is better then the apple os. universal search, widget support, google apps, and the ability to do WHATEVER YOU WANT right down to changing the rom on the phone for a completely new OS should you choose. you can argue apples has the better appstore but the truth is android has been out for 1 year and developed an appstore with over 20,000 apps. In 1 years time thats nothing to scoff at. the developers have chosen the platform, in fact flocked to it. the only reason android hasnt gotten the praise it deserves is the relatively abysmal hardware running it (until this point). Android has proven itself, Now with worthy hardware on a network far superior to att's with the backing of google and the nations largest wireless carrier, the IPHONE WILL BE DETHRONED!!. me personally i will not be buying this phone only because i believe Verizon is redicolously over priced but for those current iphone users who have shown there willing to pay those same high prices for their iphone through att im sure we will se a mass exodus for the chance to use superior hardware on a far superior network.

Whocares
October 20, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Dude who cares. Have u ever seen an uncrippled Verizon phone. With em for 5 years and never saw one they didn't shortchange the user on. It is a great oppertunity that I'm sure they will f$&@ up. By the way. My iPhone starts my truck from anywhere in the world. Try that on for size. Droid

Mario
October 20, 2009 at 7:33 PM

"THE BEST PHONE IPHONE" Also called (Droidkiller)

October 20, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Perfect post :D
Although I need people to teach me the jailbreak on iPhone 3G - FW 3.1.2

I tried 15 different things, nothing worked.
If anyone has time, mail me at basbloem@live.nl

It was so easy on the iPod :P

Cris
October 21, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Enable tethering on iphone 3.1 and make your iphone a wireless router

1.install rock
2.search mywi"
3.download the free trial
4.open mywi
5.select usb or bluetooth or wifi
6.if wifi go into your pc network settings
7.select the iphone from the avaliable wireless networks.

Mark
October 21, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Jailbreaking is easy, but comes with a price. My iPhone was awesome for a few days, then it got really bogged down and unresponsive and just an all around mess. Sure it was nice to have some customizability, but it definitely wasn't worth it in the long run. Jailbreaking is only an option for a limited amount of time, and I hardly consider it as a rebuttal to Verizon's claims about what the iPhone doesn't.

BogartOfElCajon
October 21, 2009 at 4:46 AM

Android OS has a long way to go to dethrone the iPhone OS. Basically, because the hardware android is in are crappy. I just hope that people will wise the F up and choose the device that really makes sense, not because the person next to him/her is holding the iPhone and he/she should get one too. Problem is, there are a lot of dumb people like that than what we think of. And I believe it contributes to whoever get the greater market of the mobile device. And also, Apple is positioning itself to dominate the distribution of its iPhone and other products. I really just hope android will take over iPhone sooner.

Doug
October 21, 2009 at 4:48 AM

I am pretty sure VZW is targeting the iPhone as it is intended on being, not how people who are willing to break the user agreement have made it. If VZW isnt full of crap (which they may be)then the Droid will do these things out of the box, and without breaking the user agreement.

John
October 21, 2009 at 6:27 AM

If you can't Jailbreak your iPhone using Pwnage Tool or QuickPwn from the Dev-Team, then maybe you shouldn't be using an iPhone. It's not hard, and very easy to follow instructions. I've done it many times and had no problems. I've had and seen other "smart" phones and so far none compare to the iPhone. I also don't buy a phone to take pictures with, but like to take pictures with my iPhone when I get the chance. But in the end, it's the users choice and by far, the iPhone has not let me down.

Doug
October 21, 2009 at 7:33 AM

For many like me, the iPhone's virtual keyboard is clumsy, inefficient for thumb-typing, and a huge source of frustration. I'm a guy, and can only imagine how long-finger-nailed women manage with it. Because ATT gives me horrible reception, I am trading my iPhone for the Droid.

SK
October 21, 2009 at 7:33 AM

I have had Verizon for the past 6 years and have been completely happy with their service, but extremely disappointed with their phone choices. I finally finished up my last two year agreement with Verizon and was a week away from changing to AT&T and the iPhone. This was until I realized the most important part of this debate... AT&T is HORRENDOUS! (at least in the area where I live). I have an iPod touch and love it. I'm sure I'd absolutely love the iphone, but if I cant get service that's worth a damn and I cant even get 3G service in my area then it is a moot point. Verizon will continue to win out until AT&T steps up their service. The Droid will find a home in my pocket as soon as it comes out. iPhone killer or not, it will be the best phone on the best network.

Charlie in Seattle
October 21, 2009 at 7:40 AM

OK people there is a reason a lot of us never jumped to the Iphone. I for one use a Mac everyday, I love my Mac. I liked the Iphone, however the new droid has everything I disliked about the Iphone, and the features I liked about the Iphone. Plus it's open. The iphone isn't out of the box. Yes you can jail break, but I won't have to do anything. Plus the number one reason I never jumped to the Iphone is because of the network. I had AT&T, I had to switch to Verizon because AT&T didn't work at my house. First and foremost it's a phone, there is no point to it, if I can't make a call.

Jeff
October 21, 2009 at 8:17 AM

First: Jailbreak is a RISK that I am not willing to take. The phone was way too much cost. I've had friends with the 3Gs that did the jailbreak without success to only find out they had to pay full price for a replacement.

Second: Once the phone was jailbreaked, I saw many people complain of the interface being very laggy during multi-tasking. The iPhone OS is not designed to handle third-party multi-tasking. There is a reason Apple decided NOT to allow multitasking on the iPhone: To prevent lag. The only way to assure smooth, visual operating on the current processor is to limit what programs are running. Once Apple upgrades processors (1Ghz perhaps?), I'm sure they will tackle the multi-tasking issue.

The iPhone works great out of the box, but once you introduce third-party hacks to critical areas of the phone's storage, you will not know what to expect. I honestly can't wait to switch from the iPhone and AT&T and go over to Verizon with the Droid.

Ricky
October 21, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Biggest is not always the best. After switching from Verizon to Sprint (Sprint currently has the best deals IMO) I've never been happier. I really want Sprint to pick up the HTC HD2. It's out in Europe and a huge hit.

Mario
October 21, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I use an iPhone 3G jailbroken and it's awesome! I think Android has a long way to go to beat iPhone but if this does "kill the iPhone" doesn't mean that apple will stop they will probably add those features in the future generations of iPhone or in firmwares. but for now We wait for the battle of the smartphones

October 21, 2009 at 10:32 AM

This is the dumbest defence of an Iphone I have ever heard.

1.A virtual keyboard is not a real keyboard, thats the whole reason qwerty phones exist.

2. jailbreaking is a void of warranty and many of the programs are illigal.

I can't argue with the fact that a jail-broken iPhone beats an official firmware iPhone, but the Droid still trumps any iPhone, because it is open source, has a better camera (with flash), and a WAY better network. All without hacking or breaking any copyright laws, and without spending a ton on a spendy iPhone plan.

John
October 21, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Droid does all those things out of the box you don't have to hack it to get features that should have been included on a device from the beginning. I think that iPhone fan boys are just afraid that their device has competition real competition now and not some crappy blackberry storm. Fan boys need to get over the fact that technology advances beyond apple, get over it and stop complaining. The only thing that makes the iPhone decent is its apps they phones hardware blows.

Chad
October 21, 2009 at 12:05 PM

What an iphone can do once you break the OS configuration, void the warranty and violate your license agreement is not an argument against the idon't ad campaign. Jail breaking your phone can also open you up to being hacked. There is a purpose behind BSD jails beyond Apple iphone software control.

Anatolias
October 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM

You do have to remember though, from all rumors that is, the Droid is most likely going to be running a TI 600Mhz processor. Albeit that isn't exactly slow, it might be a while before we see a phone running on 1Ghz (to my amateur knowledge the only one rumored is an HTC phone supposedly running Windows mobile, do correct me if I am mistaken though).

It will be interesting to see, if the Droid is indeed running 600Mhz, how well it handles the third party multi-tasking. I hope it will be smooth and lag free but you can't really tell until you start piling on the Apps.

Brandon
October 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM

>> A touch screen keyboard is not a keyboard, it is a touch screen with a picture of a keyboard.

>> Open development does not just mean “anyone can develop for it”, it means the OS supports open source standards such as Java, OpenGL, and other technologies commonly used on other platforms.

It occurs to me, why would someone go purchase a phone, jail break it (voiding their warranty and potentially compromising their security) just to get functionality which already exists as a standard in many other phones? The Motorola Droid runs Android, a joint effort between over 50 big name companies attempting to establish standards within mobile technologies. Sorry folks, even if the Droid itself isn’t here to stay, the Android OS plus the standards it implements are!

Jonathan
October 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM

minus one for mispelling illegal...

pure
October 22, 2009 at 1:37 AM

are people serious here this droid bullshit phone is trash its just the corny ass my touch g1 for verizon smh n we all know them phones is bullshit

Jay
October 22, 2009 at 5:12 AM

I have an Iphone 3GS and the new motorola cliq, before that the G1 and Mytouch 3G. I love my Iphone for the apps (games) and thats it. I will say when its Jailbroken it then turn in to a GREAT phone, BUT the Iphone needs to be jailbroken to even do 75% of what the Android phones do and with Jailbreaking problems, void warr, no updating, and maybe even a bricked phone! With all that being said, why is it worth it? Lets be honest, besides the game apps that are better than the android games why does everybody praise the iphone and trash the android phones? Iphone was yesterday and the android is here now, get over it and go buy a android. Dont get me wrong, untill the android get better games I will keep my iphone as entertainment plus I still have a contract with ATT but once the android upgrades there games and have the phone to support them, LATER IPHONE!!!!!

Crack it
October 22, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Honestly I have not heard about verizon's pricing plans for the droid because for it to be an actually an iPhone murder it has tohave a cheap pricing plan and what if it even more expensive what would u do????

Ted
October 23, 2009 at 7:45 AM

I would imagine that the price plan for the droid would be the same as Verizon's Blackberry plans. Which is the exact same price as the "spendy iPhone plan". Verizon is the most money hungry cell phone company in the US. They will nickle and dime you for every little thing and cripple any phone not running a secondary operating system.

GermanBrot
October 25, 2009 at 3:53 AM

If open source was the issue... then why isnt Linux as commonly used? Im a Linux person myself, but why is it that Mac and Windows are STILL most commonly used? I am thinking Open Source is a GOOD fight, but not the issue in this case. I am what you call an extreme nerd in that I do not favor brands (in fact I hate Apple... but that's another technical battle) but look at what the brand can ACTUALLY do. We recognize good hardware when we see it..right?... regardless of the brand. Evidently everyone forgot how TERRIBLE it was to store your apps on a Micro SD card... do you really want to run apps off a data card?...Really? Its terrible slow. Apple did it right by not using those slow cards. It will never be as fast as just running from internal memory. The multi-touch screen uses a technology known as "Capacitive Touch" in that it measures the flow of electrons from your finger. This is why it is sooo much more accurate when clicking on a super small url or button. Most screens just measure heat and pressure which is much less responsive. All that said... you can write the most AMAZING apps with open source, get THE BEST support from open source community, and have bugs and security issues fixed SO fast; but you put this Open Source platform on a walkie-talkie... Open Source will be the least of your worries... You can always modify the OS easier than you can the hardware... keep a focus on how its built.

P.S. "Real Keyboards" look cheap... of course this coming from a dork.
*this article was translated by the "help" of Google translate, I apologize for any errors.

Grillo
October 29, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Iphone killer my ass i love my jailbreak iphone i can do many things as download torrents download music albums i can do many things with my iphone so verizon kiss my ass!!!

Brian
November 2, 2009 at 4:09 AM

blows? Is that why the iPhone 3GS has a faster processor than the Droid? :P

Droid: 550mhz (possible 600) (same ARM architecture as the iPhone)
iPhone: 600mhz (possible 650)

All the other hardware in the Droid is almost identical to the iPhone (aside from the touchscreen which is not yet known).

I personally welcome any competition. I didn't jump on the iPhone bandwagon until the 3GS and that was simply because I was sick and tired of waiting for someone (on Verizon) to come out with a comparable alternative! I would gladly dump the iPhone should such a device exist on Verizon. I have yet to see one... (I'll have to test the Droid out myself as I don't put much faith in reviews anymore).

Brian
November 2, 2009 at 4:12 AM

75%? LOL You obviously don't use your iPhone that much. :)

Brian
November 2, 2009 at 4:16 AM

The ONLY thing I've seen on the Droid website that it has over the iPhone is Flash enabled browsing. Seriously... that's it! Jailbroken or not, the iPhone can do all the rest. Keep in mind those commercials for the Droid are taking "iDon't" very specifically! So in other words... if the iPhone doesn't use Android OS, then it can't do "anything" the Droid does. LOL Very poor marketing if you ask me!

November 6, 2009 at 11:21 AM

iDon’t have a real keyboard: iDont need a real keyboard, its 2009, not 1999, besides i dont want any crud build up.

iDon’t run simultaneous apps: iCan because i have Backgrounder via cydia.

iDon’t take night shots: ok maybe iDont but how good does flash work on a phone camera anyways.

iDon’t allow open development: The jailbreak community does allow open developmet.

iDon’t cusomize: Jailbroken iPhones are really customizeable. Try Winterboard perhaps plus thousands of themes.

iDon’t run widgets: Intelliscreen does. It has widgets that allow you to put whatever you want on your lockscreen. There’s also an application called QTweetr that lets you tweet any time you want by sliding it out.

iDon’t have interchangeable batteries: iDont look for a phone with an interchangeable battery so iDont Care

iPhone FTW!!

Droider_Xtreme
November 10, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Ok let's see. For VERIZON users, like myself, this is a huge development. honestly, verizon needed to up its phone status and quite frankly, AT&T doesnt know what to do. what the droid does right out of the box (without jailbreaking *cough cough broken warranty cough*) is amazing. how many other phones can let you search good in just a few taps. and how nice is it to have a REAL keyboard? pretty good. Night shots, ehhh. Im for the apps :D. Lets face it guys, i think the iPhone and Droid have met a stalemate. But verizon still has a more powerful 3G and regular network. so my choice is the Droid bcuz its got a better network, doesnt require jailbreaking and loss of warranty for extra features and the the physical stuff like the removable memory and interchangeable batteries plus 5mp camera ( which has video and the iPhone didnt for 2 generations which is just sad) my choice: The iPhone CANT do what the Droid Does...

Apple-imminient-death
November 16, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Sooooo FALSE!!!
iPhone is the BIGGEST OVERHYPED piece of TRASH i've seen to date!!!
after getting i8910 HD i regret to even getting the fugly ipod. It sux in games, and can't even handle simple multitasking....
I can't believe Apple even survived thas far, cause i ASURE U that they will be bankrupt by 2012!!!
I can't wait for Steve Jobs to die!
That retarded doesn't deserve to leave in this world!

Grant
November 22, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Winterboard- icons are interchangeable.
Backgrounder- does do real multitasking I can listen to pandora while using my navigon gps and hear the music and real time turn by turn directions.
The open-source hype won't even matter, so u can create programs and install them, what's the apple sdk same thing, also droid doesn't have a multitouch screen, right there looses my interest in the droid

QAZMIER
November 24, 2009 at 2:48 AM

ever heard of unlocking?

November 26, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I just purchased a Droid. Idid that because I read in many reviews that iphone was the best in everything, except it's phone. It had poor sound quality and a network that is prone to dropped calls. Enough said. I bought a Droid and I cannot say emough about the sound quality. It's like the person you're talking to is in the room with you. Is'nt that what you want in a phone? Yhe rest is just to play with and either the iphone or Droid fills that venue. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Tiffany
November 29, 2009 at 6:36 AM

I have a Droid and my boyfriend has an Iphone. After reading this post it's like we're some modern day Romeo & Juliet lol. I mean come on people get your panties out of a bunch. The Droid has features that are better than the Iphone.

Interchangeable battery - If you feel like that is pointless then you are silly. That's an extremely logical idea and Apple is sort of slow for not having one. Every time you charge your battery you are one step closer to replacing it. It's common sense to be able to replace the battery instead of the entire phone

Camera with flash - LoL @ you guys saying "oh well camera phone pictures aren't good anyway so who cares" Well some people post pictures on facebook, myspace etc. And sometimes a flash is helpful. The flash also works very well as an LED flashlight (the app is MotoTorch LED if u droid users would like a flashlight on your phone. It's free ~_^ )

Refundable Apps - I'm not sure if iPhone has this option but it comes in handy.

Verizon Network - That automatically trumps AT&T lol...don't be prideful you know it as well as I do.

The iPhone has it's good points too.

Games - Much better games than the droid and many more options
Apps - Tons of apps

Basically it all comes down to what you prefer. I have tons of Apps on my phone so I don't feel like I'm missing much with the Iphone.

But I must point out that I haven't seen anything mentioned in this thread that the Droid can not do. So if you feel like you MUST be warriors in the phone war make some valid points.

Also, the next iPhone to come out will probably have many of these features the Droid is advertising + more.

Then the next Droid will do more and so on and so forth. So just get the phone you like and realize that you will never have "the best phone ever" because it hasn't come out yet.

Jeremy
December 6, 2009 at 10:33 AM

The Droid's touchscreen is the same capacitive glass screen the iPhone has. As far as I can tell from using a friend's Droid vs. my iPhone the screens are equally responsive, and any slight lag on the Droid can be attributed to software hang-ups. And before anyone jumps on my ass about calling out Android 2.0's occasional lagginess should take a step back and remember how horrific contact scrolling, SMS load times, and accelerometer reactions used to be on the iPhone OS.

Droid's hardware is superb. Being an iPhone owner of two years even I can admit that. And I personally prefer the open feel of Android 2.0, and will be picking up a Droid as soon as possible. I've loved my iPhone for nearly two years now (jumped on the original, and now have a slightly dated 3G), but I feel it's finally time for a change. I still love Apple as a company, but I really do hope that this worthy competitor opens their eyes and helps them to the realization that they need to continually innovate in the mobile market to stay on top.

Jeremy
December 6, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Verizon's plans/ monthly charges for the Droid are virtually identical to AT&T's for the iPhone.

Jeremy
December 6, 2009 at 10:43 AM

The Droid does have a multi-touch screen... And Android 2.0 supports multi-touch. Just none of the built-in apps implement it. Dolphin web browser (one of the ALTERNATE browsers you can download on Android) fully supports multitouch, along with gestures, constantly visible tabs, and-when Adobe releases it- Flash 10.

Jeremy
December 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I'll agree with you on every point. Especially the refundable apps. I LOVE how you can try an app out for 24 hours and return it for a full refund if you aren't satisfied. Apple should up it's game in the App Store.

yourdumb
December 19, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Really? I have the droid and it definitely is not the my touch G1, and besides you should learn to type before you criticize a device probably more intelligent than you

iPhone, NOT Droid
January 9, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Games on iPhone are better because Apple was the first to start, I'll admit there's definitely not an app for everything, but there's n app for a lot of things, besides everybody else is just copying Apple, and even if some Apps quit from Backgrounder, ProSwitcher works fine for me. The only thing I don't like is the OS 1 Dock is better than the OS 2/3 Dock, as long as it's reflective-I don't understand why they don't make a scrolling dock, or Leopard Style Dock, if there is can somebody tell me what it's called( iJailbroke with Blackrain[15 seconds, and done-The only problem is tethering, and my iPod resets in like 3 hrs, then 2, then 1, then .5, then 5 mins, then if I let it, I can't even turn it on, before it resets-although if I go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings, it goes back to 3, 2, 1, etc., I checked the CRASH file, and it says it's a CRC error(Also the more I use, RESET, use, etc. the faster the cycle progresses-I think it's when I set a pass code{1040})])-I want a iPhone so bad(There were rumors of a Official Firmware Verizon one possibly coming out)-I don't have Wi-Fi, and I cant call-But I use Textfree($^ a YEAR!)

iPhone, NOT Droid
January 9, 2010 at 11:45 PM

What happened to right out of the box, and all original and crap, I'll bet just as many people would know of ALTERNATE web browsers, as much as people who know about jailbreaking.

iPhone, NOT Droid
January 9, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Idid reply because it depends on where you are, and I cant say this EMOUGH, make sure you test in the same place, to Yhe people around here, Happy cracksgiving

iPhone, NOT Droid
January 9, 2010 at 11:55 PM

YOU DON'T HAVE TO REPLACE YOUR ENTIRE PHONE, YOU JUST GET A NEW BATTERY PUT IN BY APPLE, and they actually MAKE APPS FOR FLASH, and the network depends on where you live, I get 0-1 bars with Verizon at my house, and what really is strange, is that to get that ONE BAR, I have to stand on a table in my house at least 6 in tall, but the AT&T iPhone gets FULL to FULL minus 1 bar at MY HOUSE, everybody thinks about GENERALLY, you should tell the truth that you know as well as I do, that some people live in other places then you.

iPhone, NOT Droid
January 10, 2010 at 12:03 AM

FOR ALL OF YOU DROID(iPhone COPIERS), WHO ARE ABOUT TO SAY IT, YOU CAN USE AN APP FOR FLASH, YOU CAN ALSO GET YOUR BATTERY REPLACED BY Apple, AND I CAN NAME ONE THING THE DROID CAN'T DO THAT THE iPhone CAN RIGHT OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD, AND IT'S MobileMe, FOR SYNCING YOUR CONTACTS, EMAIL, AND CALENDARS ALL ONLINE FROM YOUR iDevice(IN JAILBROKEN TERMS THIS MEANS iPhone -OR- iPod

daniel
January 18, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Oh no droid does that too. Syncs my contacs, google account, calander and at times really pisses me off because it will change my contact photos but as far as a phone that will do everything I need it to do it does and then some don't even need to use my personal pc anymore. 90% of the guys I work with are on at&t mainly because they get a discount and have been giving me crap for not changing my wireless provider but when the majority of them have the iphone and me and one other guy have the droid and we can stand inside in the middle of our shop and every one else has to go outside to make a call or use the internet the wireless plans are starting to change and I've seen several more droids surface from the die hard iphone fans. (Old nokias last 4 ever!)

December 17, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Hi QAZMIER ,
I know the process of unlocking.
Unlocking is nothing but remove your network restrictions and allows to use other network Sim card on your mobile.It's will be very useful to use your phone with other country local Sim while in abroad.Nowadays there are lot of ways available to unlock your mobile phone like using network unlock code,software,code etc..Recently i unlocked my mobile phone using network unlock code.I bought an unlock code from ProUnlocking.com I like their services.

February 14, 2014 at 2:31 AM

@QAZMIER

You want to unlock your iPhone?To unlock an iPhone the remote unlock service would be a better option because, you need not give your mobile to someone else nor do you have any chance to enter the wrong unlock codes. To get such an unlocking service for your iPhone approach Simpleunlocking.com and by submitting the country and network to which the mobile is locked to you will be able to remove the restriction from the respective network. This will be a permanent unlocking solution.