Home » » Zune HD vs New iPod Touch 3rd Generation

Zune HD vs New iPod Touch 3rd Generation

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 | 1:57 PM

Zune HD vs iPod Touch 3G

So Apple has finally released their new iPod Touch 3rd generation today. I'll do a Zune HD vs new iPod Touch 3rd generation comparison once I get my Zune HD. For now here are some specs.

Zune HD

Display: 3.3 inch touchscreen, OLED
Software: Zune Firmware 3.0
Memory: 16 GB/32GB
Colors: Black, Platinum, Blue, Lime green, and red
Price: $219.99/$289.99
Music Store: Zune Marketplace
Applications Store: Not yet, but there has been strong evidence that Microsoft may be starting one.
WiFi: Yes

Music Store: iTunes
Applications Store: Yes
WiFi: Yes
Touchscreen keyboard and accelerometer
HD Radio: No
HD Video out:No

Once my Zune HD arrives, I'll be comparing the two. Of course the iPhone/iPod Touch software beats the Zune HD, because of the App Store and all the interesting applications it offers. The Zune HD is not intended to compete with that, it's trying to be one of the best music players and  I think that the Zune HD will be do better than the iPod Touch as a music player. What do you think?

Amal
September 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM

The Zune HD as of now looks like it will surpass the iPod Touch 3G as a music player, but when it comes to gaming, the Zune is beat. It would be interesting to see the Zune HD get an App Store.
Also, is the Zune HD multi-touch?

Pablo
September 9, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I thought that third gens are only the 32 and 62 gig? The 8gb is just at a cheaper price.

koolerz1569
September 9, 2009 at 2:15 PM

yes sir... the ZuneHD has multi-touch

Mario
September 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM

yup too bad for my birthday ill be getting my new xbox 360 with ODST

Erik
September 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM

wow. " Of course the iPhone/iPod Touch software beats the Zune HD, because of the App Store and all the interesting applications it offers"

You haven't even used the software yet. Apple fanboys piss me off.

Hellrot
September 9, 2009 at 2:59 PM

You DO know that there's no such thing ad an iPod 3G right? 3G is a network, not a version. It's 3rd gen-- not 3G.

kitchen
September 9, 2009 at 3:02 PM

The majority of idiots would disagree with your definition of "3G", but yeah, it should be 3rd Gen.

Chrisl
September 9, 2009 at 3:21 PM

September 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM

no oled for new I pod touch?!?! :O that's a great feature though!! that suckksss.
looks like I'll stick To my iPod touch 2G

anonymous
September 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM

k so anyone know of the xna studio? you CAN make games for a zune. not quite utilities, but its a start. btw, you will need to be able to code in C#

Zebracakes
September 9, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I'm at a loss here in seeing that the zune is a better music player than the touch... Someone was on something when they wrote this. The touch is still a better music player..... Hello iTunes store oh... I like this song. I'll buy it an listen to it now. The touch is and always will be better than the zune. You wasted your money buying one. If you wanted something that played music get a cassett deck. Cheaper and it does the same thing as the useless zune. Anything Microsoft is pretty much doomed to fail and be second rate... Except for the xbox 360 with halo. It was the first useful thing they have brought.. Don't even get me started on windows. That's a whole other avenue of dissappointments.

Ahmad
September 9, 2009 at 10:06 PM

@ChrisI yes it has a web browser and hardware
accellerated Adobe flash support. When you subscribe to Zune Pass, you choose 10 songs to keep DRM free each month. As of 3.0, Zune only works on Windows, hopefully the comming 4.0 will be Mac friendly.

@Zebracakes: Hello? Zune Marketplace with HD Video and Xbox 360 integration? Yea they have it, and each song it $0.99 just like iTunes and it's all DRM free MP3 files.

Chris Jones
September 9, 2009 at 10:59 PM

When you all refer to the 3rd Generation iPod touch it is not 3G it is G3

September 9, 2009 at 11:46 PM

What do I think?

"I think that the Zune HD will be do better than the iPod Touch as a music player"

I think you need to draft a couple of times before you post. And sto being an Apple Fanboy. I love my iPhone and it's apps as much as the next guy, but preemptively declaring the iTouch the winner just because of the App Store is comparing apples and oranges.

Zack Timmons
September 9, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Quoted from Chrisl
"Does the Zune wifi actually connect to something useful, like the internet? Has MS done away with the imploding music? Does MS let you keep your music when you stop subscribing to their music store? Finally, does the Zune sync with multiple platforms seamlessly, without crashes and other problems? If the answer is yes to all of these, then the Zune has a chance against the Touch. Otherwise, it will always remain second rate."

Seriously, I cannot stand Apple Fanboys.

Nick
September 10, 2009 at 12:09 AM

no to rave about another site but Cnet got a first look at the zune HD and they really liked it. It's got a lot going for it. Only thing there need will be the aoo

Mikey
September 10, 2009 at 2:46 AM

I will answer these 1 by 1.

Zune HD has an internet browser.

Not sure what imploding music means. I have a Zune and it plays music just fine.

You can keep 10 songs a month with the subscription. Even if you didn't want the subscription, you can still buy songs outright the same as iTunes.

I have never had problems with syncing my Zune.

So I guess it has a chance?

Mikey
September 10, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Oh, and no one seems to be mentioning Tegra. It is an incredibly powerful processor. Should see some fantastic apps that make use of all of that power.

Mark
September 10, 2009 at 5:58 AM

The Ipod Touch has many advantages over the Zune HD in the form of the immense array of applications available right here, right now. Although the Zune HD maybe technically more advanced than the Touch, it will go to waste unless Microsoft can find a way to release loads of useful applications to take full advantage of the Zune HD's superior display and Nvidia chipset.

The larger capacity on the Touch is another factor going for it, $100 for twice the capacity isn't too bad but only if you think you will need that much. I'm sure many people who owned similar capacity hard drive based players used up at least 2/3 to 3/4 of their players free space with anything they could think of putting.

The Zune HD has better sound quality at least if we expect the same quality as previous Zunes. I have owned both the Zune30 and Touch and I can say the Zune is better as are several other players from Creative, Sandisk, Cowon and iRiver. However, the Touch does have a speaker which makes playing games so much easier. Not sure if the Zune HD will have one.

If this was a duel between two unknown or random players of similar specs then we would have a real fight on our hands, however this is not the first time that Apple has prevailed over rival players that were superior to its products and this time they have the added advantage of thousands of compatible applications on their side.

I think the Touch will prevail but the ZuneHD will help secure Microsoft's standing in the media player industry, something previous Zunes struggled to achieve.

Which one am I getting? I'm leaning towards the Touch but might change my mind if the Zune really is THAT good!

Frank
September 10, 2009 at 7:10 AM

zune has a better sound quality you can check every sound quality test that has been made and you'll se it, but of course it does not interest to you if you don't know a thing about compression or Kb rates or sound formats.

J
September 10, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Well just so you know, the zune is supposed to have a version of the marketplace online on the device, it does access the internet, and (since you seem to be a fan of xbox), it will also have integration with the xbox.

And like Frank said, its sound quality has been tested and proven better and also as a music device i have heard itouch owners and mac fans who tested out the device at best buy say that it functioned better in accessing content.

appledude
September 10, 2009 at 10:24 AM

because apple is so dumb they are going to make the gap between them and MS thinner because the most anticipated thing a camera on an itouch is not there instead they put it on a nano can someone tell me if they will be adding them later and just selling ones without a camera?

Niko
September 10, 2009 at 10:36 AM

I'm getting a Zune for sure, mostly because i hate apple but it's also because of it's longer battery life and the wayyyyyy better format... zune will not out sell ipod not by a long shot, ipod has over 75 percent of the portable music player market, zune doesn't stand a chance. personally im the only one i know who has even heard of Zune. hopefully one day Zune will be neck and neck with ipod

Nymphilis
September 10, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Uhg, 3G means 3rd gen, even in the network, being that 3G is the third generation of mass media networks surpassing GPRS and edge networks, so all in all 3G is still "politically" correct in the name "itouch3G"

But as for the Zune and iTouch...sry apple will always have Microsoft beat...being that the itouch is more affordable, has more features, being HD on a freaking 3" screen is stupid the pixel rate is so small you cannot tell the difference, HD radio, big whoop! Microsoft has nothing on the apple itouch 3G

September 10, 2009 at 12:15 PM

so the zune may have a better music player than the touch but seriously who really cares as long as you get ur song playin ur happy rite? i honestly think the touch's music player is easy and fun to use. the thing
that sticks out the most to me about the zune is the flash player im always wanting to watch online streaming videos on the itouch but it doesnt have flash player so im stuck using my friken youtube app... i like to watch movies on hulu n stuff but the touch doesnt allow that. i think it would be pretty easy just to add that and a camera and i'd definetly go out and get one.. but other than that the zune is a step below the itouch.

Olao99
September 10, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I am thinking about buyin Zune HD becuse I am very dissapointed with the iPod Touch 3G with no camera.

J Bartlett
September 10, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Who needs a camera on an iPod? If you do there is always the iPhone. The real kicker here is the refusal to support Flash.
I think I may give up my iPhone 3G for the Zune HD.

AndyNg
September 10, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Yup, me too. I'm very dissapointed with the iPod Touch 3G. I'm gonna give Zune HD a try. I've having a Zune 8gb and it works not bat at all.

Ken Jennings
September 11, 2009 at 8:38 AM

I was expecting to be wowed by a 3rd generation iPod Touch. Just like the Second Generation wowed me with a speaker, volume control, hidden blue tooth and new shape. These were a 1G to 2G jump.

Faster processor and increased capacity are standard, expected, par for the course, the natural order of things, obvious, no brainers. What was the wow factor this time? What was the funky new shape? What was the speaker? What was the extra buttons?

Face it - no thought went into the ipod touch.

September 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM

ya but nore does the Zune so that's a pretty pointless reason of switching over to zune. That's like saying well i was expecting the mansion i was going to get to have a outdoor stereo but it doesn't so i think ill go with the smaller house even though it doesn't have an outdoor stereo. That's just dumb

Julia
September 12, 2009 at 1:44 AM

The zune Hd has an apps store and an SDK..... The new
Software will come on sept. 15th ..... And u get to keep 10 songs of ur choose permently when u have a zune pass.....anyway i'm really excited
bout Zune Hd coming on sept. 15th!

September 12, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Wow same here. Right when i heard the iTouch wasnt going to have a camera i decided to take a look at zune lol i hope there appstore turns out good with awesome games

Colton
September 12, 2009 at 5:14 AM

for all of you ipod touch lovers here are the FACTS
ipod touches are the WORST on sound quality
your buying an pmp player not a camera that wouldn't even work well
90% of the apps arent even good but yes there are some great pmp related apps such as pandora and stuff
the Zune HD is getting an app store
the zune hd has above average sound quality
it has an OLED screen which means brighter color more crispness and an overall higher quality screen
the zune hd has a tegra processor which is basically a super fast energy efficient processor
the zune hd has better battery life than the ipod touch
it has radio!! and make that HD radio that sounds great and has 3x more stations
the zunes software has been said to be much better than the ipods
and im not a zune fanboy i like sony cowon and lots of other brands but im not a brainwashed ipod fan

chartman101
September 12, 2009 at 9:13 AM

if you want a camera then go buy a camera or a camera phone since when are mp3 players suppose to have that feature??

Alex
September 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Can anyone actually confirm that zune will support flash player. If it does iPod is in trouble. If not...well I know I won't switch over

Alex K
September 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Seriously guy I'd have to be totaly stupid to change from a iPod touch to a damn Zune device. One of the hugest reasons for that is because Zune is Microsoft. Microsoft makes the crapiest software known to man. Trust me I'm a software Pro and Windows sucks and I've tried zunes too. The software quality is yucky it's very buggy and anoying using a Microsoft device after a Apple device is plain STUPID I've had so many Microsoft devices and PCs and I'll I can say from using them is JUNK until I bought a normal Apple Macbook Pro and Mac Pro I was using junk which I even busted some of the PC crap, all the time Viruses, Headaches, Bugs, and plain Crap ! So I will never go back the PC-Microsoft-computer or device ever. Apple is the best I've had all the iPod models all the iPod touch model top capacity and Never had a single problem with it. So PC lovers just shut-up Microsoft will never compare to Apple in any damn way !!!

brockster
September 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM

The new features in the new ipod touch was that it now has the specs of the iPhone 3GS and has an increased room to 64GB,

and it does have a radio but apple hasn't enabled it yet for some weird unknown reason also it has the capability of 802.11n Wifi but apple has disabled that for the time bring. maybe battery life?, who knows. and the iPod Touch 3G can support running 1080p Videos but apple has disabled that as well oddly enough, some one figured that on a Jail-broken iPod 3G. but whats the point its on a small screen? why not actually buy a TV? your not gonna notice much difference on a screen that size

Yeah the Zune HD is getting a App store, but will it be good?. will the developers even want to develop applications for it? when theres hardly any market share? i live in Australia and if i asked any of my class mates at school what zune was they would be like WTH?

Also mostly it depends what headphone's you have to really tell the sound quality. and if it had a camera of course it wouldn't be the best, thats what actual Camera's are for?

and i personally think the iPod touches sound quality is actually pretty decent, im currently have a 1st Gen iPod Touch, and ive used the new iPod Touch 3G at work and its a brilliant little device, heaps of power packed into one little device.

I used to have a Zune worked great with my mac, unfortunately didn't work with iTunes but used program called DoubleTwist and was brilliant.

and that Song sharing thing is like the only good feature on the Zune

also you can stream stuff to the iPod Touch just yeah no flash support, but there is other methods than just YouTube. i watch movies streamed from the net all the time, but why don't you use your actually computer?

haha "Zunes software has been said to be better than iPod?" yeah thats a Microsoft Fan Boy talking there. ask pretty much anybody that actually have an iPod Touch and they would be be like "are you kidding?"

and whats the point in having HD when you have such a small screen? does the Zune HD even have a decent DPI? and the iPod can support HD content but typical apple disabled that for now. maybe battery problems?

yeah im not a brainwashed apple fan, just i believe that the iPod Touch is a brilliant device and you guys should actually try use one?

Joe
September 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I would have to go with the zune over the iPod. The 32gig is $10 cheaper than the 32gig iPod. You can actually choose the color you want. Having a radio built in is really awesome. Better quality screen. I mean the only thing your losing out on is the hundreds of Fart apps or the other games you buy from the AppStore and play one time and delete it right after. I have an iPhone so I know how the horrible apps out number the decent apps like 10000 to 1. The only good thing about the iPhone is the browser, so as long as the zune has a decent browser it will be a lot better than the iPod. One more good thing about the zune is that people won't assume your some gay apple fanboy which I think is one the worst things someone can be and sometimes I even think of getting rid of my iPhone so I don't get mistaken for one everytime I take my phone out.

September 13, 2009 at 5:17 AM

i would take touch because of its compatibility towards mac and pc, its fast processor, app store functionality, and it is a lot more popular

September 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I agree with you. They should've put a camera on the new ipod touch.

Maurice
September 13, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Joe: but then the zune will show ppl you are a microsoft fanboy :)

Nobody mentioned Archos. something new is coming out tomorrow sept 15 2009.

Skirmich
September 13, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Well since I'm writing this from my iPodTouch 1G. I cannot say I'm not biased LOL. I never had any complaints about sound quality coming out of this thing surely I won't expect much from a pmp if I wanted to hear quality music, I don't expected to come out from a pmp, any guy saying that a pmp should have Absolubtly Hi-Fi sound quality is an average teen-ager that still thinks mp3 is pmp and not a sound format. The day that a pmp can make full flac playing in 5.1 that day you can say you have good sound quality coming out of a pmp. Please leave your Hi-Fi music expectations to a good Yamaha reciever like in your House

John
September 14, 2009 at 4:19 AM

Everyone here is on the money, except for Guy. Totally off.
If I didn't get a stereo with my mansion, like the rest of these guys posting here, I would go to a shack as well.
Don't forget, zune is the new social. I also get to buy music with points instead of real money, Microsoft is always light years away from everyone. Interest free loans from all their customers. That's what I'm talk'n about. Marketing, that is MS true talent. It is about winning at all costs, put down the ipods, look over there not here. F@#$ the customer.

$10 cheaper? a radio? Hey dummies, since when has the radio been any good? Color you want?

Joe, MS shits on your head and you thank them for the hat. You're an imbecile.

Broo
September 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM

I am dissapointed with the Zune HD as it does not have Bluetooth- so no chance of A2DP!

poop
September 14, 2009 at 2:56 PM

your stoopid.

Eshant
September 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM

i like ZUNE HD but costs lot . i chose ZII EGG because it is like the others and you have to buy memory cards for it that's the good part and runs on Google OS . and i know this all and i am a 10 year old

Reality
September 14, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Pfff...they're both mansions. One just doesn't have a pool.

Reality
September 14, 2009 at 4:05 PM

LMAO.

Reality
September 14, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Apple & MS both take advantage of their customers. I like some of their products but I'm a fan of neither.

September 16, 2009 at 4:00 AM

i prefer iphone micorost is only good at windows os, that all

Blue
September 19, 2009 at 9:08 AM

The zune hd is better than the iPod Touch because the iPod is NOT a music player anymore its a phone, mini computer , storage device . When the ZUNE gives you the BEST for music quality info and experience you cant share on iPod (talking about mp3 players not phones). Radio is very important because sometimes you may want to know whats new or coming out without the internet. when iPod bearly came out i thought it was awesome but now it cost alot to have the iPhone paying a cellphone company for internet (about $60-$120). So far i think there is alot of iPod freaks that can accept some compettition(ZUNE) so if you havent had a ZUNE and an iPod _____SHUT UP !____ OK BYE

none of your business
September 20, 2009 at 7:34 AM

no matter what you think, the zune will never be as popular as the ipod. good luck to them with selling 30 million zunes in two years. and no matter what, ipod pretty much started the whole application on mp3's frenzy, and zune will never come close to matching that.

Doesnt matter if its 10x better, people are sticking with ipod touch

Ryujin
September 22, 2009 at 5:37 AM

"as you get ur song playin ur happy rite?"

Wrong. Not only do I want my song playing, I want it playing in the best quality possible. I have never had an Ipod, but the Zune far surpasses other MP3 players I have used in the past.

Matt
September 23, 2009 at 5:34 AM

Everyone is forgetting why Zune is appealing the reason is Zune Pass. It is like an endless buffet of high quality music, and when you don't have to pay for every song a la carte style you have the freedom to discover genres you never would have approached if it required any extra money.

Mary
September 23, 2009 at 5:47 PM

why do people have to be so biased, can't you just accept the fact that some people like certain things more than others, that doesn't mean you have to bash them about what they like. Stop ruining other people's excitement, if you don't like it, why are you here? besides it's true that the ipod is not really looked to be a music player, people buy it more for the apps they can get and all the other stuff on it, might as well buy a iphone.

Eric
September 24, 2009 at 4:33 AM

Just because you personally had a good experience with a device/comany/software doesn't mean that it's the best thing in the world... I along with 3 friends all had horrible experiences with our ipods and we all switched to zune without any complaints. I'm not here trying to say the Zune is the best and type in all caps for some unnecessary reason. Zune just worked better for us is all. The Marketplace is easy to use and with the new upgrade to the smart DJ just make it better. Now Itunes wasn't that bad, but it doesn't compare with the Zune Marketplace. plus this is just the first generation of the Zune HD, and it already is up to par with the Ipod touch 3g. enough said.

anon
September 24, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I'm in the throes of deciding which I want, the Zune HD or the iTouch. (sorta leaning towards the ZHD) But why would I buy the Zune Pass when I could download my music for free, anyway?

September 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM

ey yo yall r jus trippin
go to the kitchen, hav a beer, then com bak
shizzam, man!

Sublem
September 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM

My choice is the Zune HD obviously, the Tegra card got to me and I have an first gen 30 gig Zune that still works and I love it. The HD has a brighter screen, has HD, and OLED screen which is more durable then regular LED and more crisper, has crisp sound and has HD radio, and I already seen a game being played on it and let me tell you, the Tegra card does wonders for the graphics. I never liked apple so there is no way that I'm getting an ipod of any sort, so you lemmings out there, it's okay just follow the rest of the world with your shitty ipods, us Zune users have the true quality.

Sepnotic
September 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Chill out people! like Mary said people buy what they like so just let it be. There more importance thing in life just enjoy it. Just think there are people out there still have hand held AM/FM radio and that is good enough for them, stop bashing people remember nobdy is perfect. Enjoy what you have today, they may not be there tomorrow. Peace on earth and have a good life!

bK all day
September 25, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Ok, first of all, both play music and sound good. You need good earbuds If you want good sound because just pushing great sound through cheap headphones is a stupid waste so both win there. Second, the iTunes AppStore has been out for a good amount of time now, so easily they have the "superior" apps than the Zune when most of the apps are boring and offer excitement for the first thirty minutes of use before you lock your iPod and go do something and forget about it. Screen quality is pretty good for both of them, the Zune having better quality will be pretty damn crazy when games come out for it taking advantage of the processor and gfx chips in it. I personally don't like to listen to the radio that much because of the crap they play, but some may find it interesting. Also, is Bluetooth really needed, I'm not sure of any of my friends take advantage of bluetooth, which is just there taking up nice battery power. Sure the only real fun of an iPod is when you jailbreak it and get the most out of it. The Zune only just came out and is already on par with the iPods third generation. Btw I'm typing this up on an iPod touch 1g with 3.1.1 OS and the browser seems to make my screen fly to the top of the page for no reason :P. In the end it all comes down to personal preference, do you need HD quality, radio, Bluetooth, apps?

Jason
September 26, 2009 at 6:47 AM

As an unbiased future consumer of either Apple or Microsoft, I will have to say, from my angle, the Zune looks better.

I saw it stated: If you are looking for Apps: get the Ipod. If you are looking for anything else: get the ZuneHd.

Just to clarify my views, I love the look of the Ipod, and the Macbook Air. I REALLY hope the Zunehd will one day work with Macs. To have an Air is my dream. lol.

So obviously I'm not a Micro-fanboy, but nor am I a Apple-fanboy.

Looking at what the original goal Ipod Touch and ZuneHd is reaching for, Zune has Touch beat.

Though with the Apps, which makes the Touch into a computer more than a PMP, the Touch has more customization abilities. Which is useful, but is just as logical as having a camera on something that's soul focus is playing media.

Comparing Touch with ZHD, is almost like comparing apples with oranges. Not quite though.

I think Apple has two choices now, either go head on and reclaim the media market, or go into its new goal of mini-computer (at least that's what the goal looks like) in which case it will have the Zii Egg and Blackberries etc. to combat with.

And yes, remember, the ZuneHD is generation 1. The proper comparison might be to compare ZuneHD with the first generation Touch.

Jim Bob
September 27, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I've had a Touch since launch. 2 versions of firmware later, and it's still very usable. I also have a Touch 3rd Gen 64mb, and it's everything the 1st gen should have been and more.

As for the Zune HD - get the screen into some light and see how long it takes to wash out...at all but the brightest settings, it becomes unreadable, where the iPod screen just loses some color definition.and all you OLED fans, the screen only tools better in dim light.

Did Microsoft do a better nob than Apple with the first gen Zune HD? Possibly. However, there's more that will go unused In a Zune HD than in an iPod touch

Deez
September 29, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I love my 2nd gen touch but the zune is cheaper as thats wat ms is doing for all its zune prod. But soon there will prob b a better zune 2 nd gen In th near future.

zune salesmanager
October 16, 2009 at 8:14 AM

hi well seems to me as i work for zune i dont really like zune that much. know how we program it there is many flaws to it. i like the touch because of the speed at it runs at and how smooth the whole interface works for the ipod.

piratesmvp04
October 19, 2009 at 1:14 PM

@zune salesmanager: I can tell by the way you talk that you do not really work for Zune production team. Because if you did, you would not be saying what you did, and you would not say "i work for zune". You would say, I work for Microsoft, or I work for Zune production team, or something of that nature.

Dong Lee
October 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM

If you're a person who just likes to listen to music I recommend Zune HD, but if you're someone who want pocket internet i recommend I pod touch. I don't like to use I Tune so i will choose Zune HD than I pod touch.

Judger
October 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Yeah Right Its the ipod touch for sure Microsoft is copying thats What I think Apple made it first and made it better.

Long time Zune User
November 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Im so confused I've always had a Zune brought the first gen 32g Zune then i upgraded to a 8g Zune. I wasn't a fan of ipods until the ipod touch came out. I'm ready for an upgrade but I dont know which one to get I have a natural love for Zune because I've had my 32gb Zune for about 4 years, i use it on a daily bases and it still works great. But the ipod touch 3rd gen has so many extra features it's hard to say no.

glitchinthemind
November 13, 2009 at 8:08 AM

i have used both the zune hd and ipod touch. i bought the ipod touch, because i found it so much better. i am not an apple fan boy or anything, but the touch 3rd gen is just sleeker, has many more games, and more capacity. i love it. i would recommend a touch, especially because the HD has no external volume control, so you have to dig it out of your pocket and see it to turn the volume down, which is crappy. while i think talking to your ipod is stupid, the microphone on the headphones is cool for some apps. if a touch isnt what youre looking for, get something else (like a zune?) but if youre looking for a gaming device/pocket computer/media player, get a touch.

bigboy
November 13, 2009 at 9:35 AM

First of all, the iPod touch has been out for some time now. so microsoft had some time to put thought into it. basically they looked at what the ipod lacked, and they threw it on the Zune. but im sure there will be a 4th gen. ipod touch, which will probably have a lot of new features since the ipod 3rd gen. didnt have any big improvments. i still wish Apple would expand their horizons a little bit so we dont have to go through the hassle of jailbreaking if we want to customize. overall i am a fan of the iPod. Judger, i agree, Apple made it first and they can make it better.

November 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM

**** Zune and iPod, I'd rather get a Nintendo DSi and play AAC music on the SD card.

isaiah
December 8, 2009 at 1:20 AM

ok people. we have to think about this. Look at apple. they have been more along the lines of conveniences rather than the perfect music player. i mean think about. the old ipods where the first music players to tell time. hello think about it. when it comes to being the best music player, the Zune HD takes the cake. But when it comes to being the best portible entertainment device ( besides a laptop) the Apple IPod Touch takes home the gold. I mean if Zune puts high res. games nifty little apps and myspace and facebook on their interface, then i guess zunefans and applefans will end the world.

blahblahfoo
December 19, 2009 at 7:10 PM

lol i love how spiritual you are about a discussion about freakin music players...

awd
December 22, 2009 at 6:13 AM

I really think people that say that we should compare the Zune HD to the first generation iPod Touch are stupid.

Why compare a version of the iPod Touch that isn't even sold right now with the new Zune? That doesn't make any sence. We need to compare products in the same time frame.

Jesse
December 31, 2009 at 1:58 AM

First of all...The Zune has HD out...You can play HD movies on your Flatscreen! You are, quite frankly, blinded by your bias. Sure Mac computers may be better, but the OLED screen and HD out on the zune makes it soar in comparison to iPod touch...

Marc
February 6, 2010 at 5:02 AM

Zune
FM Radio: Yes

Ipod
FM Radio: No

piesterzondo
February 11, 2010 at 8:59 AM

you have to remember that apple was the one to jump on this idea and Microsoft WASN'T and if Microsoft have tried this idea they would have got beat up so just remember that. Zune may have better graphics but apple will always be up in front and Microsoft will be lagging behind.

parth