Home » » New iPod Touch 3rd Generation has no camera, but iPod Nano does!

New iPod Touch 3rd Generation has no camera, but iPod Nano does!

Written By Hans Berger on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 | 10:42 AM

New iPod Touch 3rd Generation: 64 GB

While the new iPod Nano 5th generation has a camera, the new iPod Touch 3rd Generation doesn't have a camera. A lot of us were expecting Apple to release the iPod Touch 3rd generation with a camera! We even found what looked like iPod Touch 3rd Generation cases online, but now we know that they're fake. It really surprised us when Apple announced the camera for only the new iPod Nao.

I'm not sure why Apple would do this, but they could have possibly done it because they want to give iPod Touch users another reason to get the iPhone 3GS for the extra camera feature. I don't see any reason for me to upgrade my current iPod Touch, so I'll stick with my iPod Touch 1st generation device. Yes, I have the first generation. Until Apple introduces some significant changes to the iPod Touch 8 GB model I'm going to be saving my money.

Apple, you have made it really easy for me now. I'll be preordering the Zune HD.

September 9, 2009 at 10:47 AM

wait, so iPod touch 3rd gen is actually released? it doesn't say anything about a 3rd gen on the site..

SexyBastard
September 9, 2009 at 10:47 AM

DUDE! The zune hd looks sick! I would get one but i don't have the money and i don't want to sell my touch because i loves it =/

Br
September 9, 2009 at 10:50 AM

apples so ***in gay i was lookin forward to the 3rd gen bt it sux

September 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM

wow apple ****ed up bad

Dirty Dobb
September 9, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Sorry that's spouse to be "but Communists"

Dirty Dobb
September 9, 2009 at 11:10 AM

What a crock of shit...all this waiting for what? What is so exciting about the 3G now. Apple is noting Communists and Steve Jobs is gay!!! Good job putting out crappy products. How long will it be till apple files bankrupt?

pablo
September 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM

yeah, until i see a super great upgrade to the ipod touch, im not gonna upgrade my 1g. Apple failed yet again. Thinking about getting the zune hd. Maybe microsoft wont fail as much as apple.

Chris H
September 9, 2009 at 11:21 AM

WTF is right. Apple even fucked up itunes 9. It is way!!!!!!!!!!! too white. The original Itunes looks more simaler to itunes 9 than itunes 8.2. Apple thought that people just wanted more speed but really they didnt even do that. they brought the 3g touch to as they describe it around the same as the 3gs. not the giant leap like last year. WtF apple i have never doubted you but if you read this in a few months the people banking on the ipod touch sales of last year are going to want a time machine so they can put a camera,mic,and better speaker. F*** im so pissed and i hate to say this but apple sucks as of right now with there ipod choices.

Rob
September 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM

wow that sucks, I'm keeping my 1st gen aswell then

THE SE7EN SINS
September 9, 2009 at 11:27 AM

So Apple gives the iPod Nano a camera ahh, okay while the iPod touch 3,1 has a upgraded Memory and Voice Control, but it doesn't even a built in mic, and people ask me why I hate Apple? xD I have Windows 98 running on my iPod touch 2nd Gen Apple tell me, why the hell did the Nano get a camera? And FM radio!! Ahh I get it... They sell these iPod touch 3,1 so later this year they gives us what we truly want.. Now I want a FM radio.

DarkSide
September 9, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Waaaa! what a bunch of whiney little babies. Awesome Products better prices. what more can you ask for. the wait was worth it . Pu$$ies

nolongeranapplefan
September 9, 2009 at 11:31 AM

well there goes my plans to upgrade my ipod touch...

ken
September 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM

PETITION FOR APPLE TO CANCEL THIS TOUCH AND PUT A CAMERA

ken
September 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM

WTF WHY WOULD APPLLEEE GIVE THE IPOD NANO A VIDEO CAMERA BUT NOT A THE TOUCHHH!!!!!!I BEEENNN WAITINN FOR A LONG TIMEEE!!!!!!!! STUPIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD APPLEEE

d@n13l
September 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Stop complaining if u want a camera just get an iPhone 3g if you want a video recorder just get a 3gs yes you will have to pay monthly for the plan but it's kinda worth it having a phone that is considered the best phone out. So don't wait for apple and get something better than the itouch you just waisted time waiting for a itouch with a camera. I feel sorry for you guys.

So mad
September 9, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Hey retard no one is rich to afford an iPhone or the 3gs. I was planing to upgrade my iPod touch, but I'll stick to my old iPod touch 2g. I may just buy a camcorder and everyone should do that.

Mario
September 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM

3G iPod touch = 2G iPod touch which equals big ripoff

Lj
September 9, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Ya I hate apple because of this exactly. They do subpar things and charge 2500$ for it all. Ooooo, no viruses! Who cares? U won't get them on a computer either if ur smart about it. But back to the iPods. If u want an iPod with a camera, go to eBay and buy a use iPhone first gen and get videorecorder3g. they average $150-$200 so it's cheaper and it's the same storage plus a microphone. U don't have to get a contract and their easy to unlock if u have prepaid phone. iPhones only good thing apple made if u ask me and they dot even support jailbreaking. Lol f*ck u Steve jobs!

Moses
September 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM

excaatly im soooo pisseed it dosent have a camera

Bill
September 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM

AAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHH

Zebracakes
September 9, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Good thing the saying goes,"well everyone is entitles to their own opinion"...

Say what you want about apple but regardless of what they do people will continue to buy their products. Camera or not the touch will still sell. Most people for more space or lack of having one to begin with. Apple puts out amazing products... Yes they could bring out the new touch with a camera but it's not business smart. There is not a need in the market for it as of this point. It's the only great touch screen music device that offers what it offers!!! Hello app store !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think before you speak people...

theapplehater
September 9, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Some people are unable to buy from the Internet like iPhones an such. But don't give up hope as the next iPod touch generation may have a camera. But it sure will be a long time to wait. As for me I gave up on Apple. Hello Microsoft!

yarqgc
September 9, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I don't think that this is the iPod Touch 3rd Gen. If you look on Apple's online store, there are no accessories for the iPod Touch 3rd Gen. Also, if you look at the iPod dock compatible devices table at the bottom, there is no iPod touch 3rd Gen, yet there is the Nano 5th Gen. I think they are waiting until the holiday season, or closer to the Zune HD release.

Blake
September 9, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I know it may not have a camera but apple did bring up a good point as to why they did not add one. I have already ordered the 32gb 3rd gen because it is well worth an upgrade from my 1g 8gb. Apple is going for a mobile gaming platform And if you want to take pictures just buy a flip or camera that is better than what they could have put in touch. As for built in mic I think there might be one I'll see when it come in a few days. I will be back and will post a full review on functionality and how amazing it truly is . And cmon 50% faster that's like 800 or more MHz which is a pocket pc.

Psychoman
September 9, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Damn I was looking forward to an itouch with a camera but damn talk about a memory boost 64gb damn but then it's too expensive so I'll stick with my iPod touch 2g that I paid $40 for and my microsoft zune 30gb that has never failed me even with the zune crash of new years 2009 or 8

TankE
September 9, 2009 at 2:58 PM

i was soo looking foward to the camera on the ipod touch...that was the only reason i would have had to buy it.......and to think about it it would be less of a hassle to carry a digital camera around having a camera on the ipod touch....but once again apple dissapointed their fanss.......shame on apple

Pear
September 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Idiots just lost a lot of sales because of this.

d@n13l
September 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM

You guys probably won't get a camera with the zine neither so why complain get a music player a and buy a camcorder separate.

Everett
September 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM

i agree to a point with wat yarqgc has to say...theres all this hype about a camera and then nothing?? i did hear about apple having problems with production, it just doesnt make any sense why theyd unveil an unfinished product. ha ive been looking forward to this for a longg time, but like another guy said its just about the same as a 2nd gen...but for less with more memory, which i find even more degrading. but as for the guy about the iphone...i have a cell phone so its hard to break outta that contract, itd just be nice to have a camera on my touch cuz i use it for everything, but for now well have to keep our fingers crossed, if not the zune hd does look pretty promising.
at least microsoft is trying whereas apple seems to be comfortable with its monopolistic hold over the media player market with little improvement

itouchsucks
September 9, 2009 at 5:09 PM

still no OLED display what a bummer

ks
September 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM

wow. heard that the 3rd gen would get a camera.. felt like upgrading..but the third gen doesnt seem to have any great improvements that are worth renewing my ipod for.

Zebracakes
September 9, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Regardless you still don't get what you get on the touch with the zune. The quality of product and user friendliness... To the app store and all it's amazingness. Not to mention you can jailbreak the piss out of it and have something even cooler than before! Buying a zune is like buying a really expensive paper weight.

Blake
September 10, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Honestly is a camera really stopping you from buying one? They improved processor and memory and open gl2.0! You 2nd ten users won't be able to run the newer app store games without it.

Cumshot McGee
September 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Just because of the camera not being made im prolly not going to buy it. I mean they could of beat Zune no doubt if they added the cam. I don't have a cam on my phone so ya that sux for me. Screw you Apple!! Go to ****ng Hell Apple. >:(

September 10, 2009 at 10:00 AM

No you guys just thought and got all excited about what u thought was a camera on an ipodtouch u guys shouldn't b pissed at apple look at what everyone else says b pissed at them

Ccc55
September 10, 2009 at 10:44 AM

So dissapointing about the camera problems with the Touch because they were suppost to have them for sure and then there was 1000 touches with camera problems so they took them out =[

Blake
September 10, 2009 at 12:43 PM

LOL there was no camera problems that was a rumor some started. Apple never intended to put a camera in and there was never a needed use for one. And for all you expecting a camera in the 4th gen don't wait because there won't be one just get the third.

Everett
September 10, 2009 at 12:48 PM

i have a first gen ipod so i was looking forward to at least a little above average improvement, but at this point im buying a new 2nd gen ipod with more memory for less...o with an improved processor for all my hardcore gaming on my ipod. no thats not what i use my ipod for sorry blake. the jailbreaking is great its what made me fall in love with this thing. but i have a warranty for it (and its broken) and it cant be jailbroken when i return it so as of now im really not happy. i plan on getting a new 3rd gen with the warranty selling that and getting a zune with the money, because it has wifi too...making it jailbreakable, and i heard it has an nvidia graphics card (i gess) sooo blake u can have all ur amazing gaming on ur tiny screen where ever u want.

Reality
September 10, 2009 at 4:47 PM

So you don't have a cell phone?
Heck, the cell phones now have much better megapixels and video. Some with even a digital camera right on the back...from Verizon of course :)

Reality
September 10, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Yeah...it was a paper weight back then.

Karl
September 11, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Can't you see that it's all a way to milk more money on all fronts - Ppl will buy the larger Touch, more sales for the iPhone with video, others will get the iPod Nano video and others like me will opt for the iPod Classic. For me? It's the iPod Classic 160gb, for my growing music and video. I was hoping for an iPod Touch 64GB Video to split movies and music but since that's outta the question, I'll get the 160GB space to keep them both on one. It's more GB per Dollar. When the iPod Touch 4G Video is rolled out, that's the right time to swap. Not now.

Blake
September 12, 2009 at 1:50 AM

That wasn't my point... Plus I don't need this thing to game i've got an amazing pc for that. The reason I got 1 is beacause my first gen is super slow jailbroken and I get crashes all the time do to low ram. Whereas the new one has 256mb or ram. And apple released this one to give it to new users not upgraders. The camera speculation was a rumor the entire time. I will be honest I was a little disappointed but putting a camera would have made it identical to the nano which would lower nano sales. And I get the whole camera in your pocket but an iPod touch is not the device for that. I bet that someone will build a adapter that turns it into a camera as in a case that plugs into bottom slotplus does your computer generally come with a camera?

Blake
September 12, 2009 at 4:34 AM

Oh btw the 4g will most likely not have a camera either just so you all know. And iPod touch video?LOL the iPod touch can play moview. Also wrong it's not more gb per dollar the classic is old techonlogy and the iPod touch os new so it's more expensive because of the features not because of the memory.

Blake
September 12, 2009 at 4:41 AM

And just cause it has wifi doesn't mean it can be jailbroken. And why would you get a zune hd? Just cause it has nvidia? That doesn't mean it's a better video card. And there might not be a 4g especially if you five year old crybabies don't get one just because it doesn't have a camera.

Blake
September 12, 2009 at 4:50 AM

I apologize for my comment however, all of you angry at apple just wait a little and you may find the iPod touch 3gv or gs. Once the camera problems are resolved which I now believe there were apple will probably release a 32 and 64 with a camera and hopefully offer a return policy for all who bought one without a camera. Also the 3g is capable of fm transmitting

Ccc55
September 13, 2009 at 6:00 AM

Actually yes there were last minute camera problems they wound up getting rid of 1000 touches and im pretty sure your not Steve Jobs so you wouldnt know if theres gunna be one in the fourth gen. So shutup Blake.

Fortune92
September 13, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Well y do u need a camera if u don't like the 3g then buy the $30 headphones with the mic and updrade to firmware 3.1 and u have most of the new features and I think the 2g IS capable of handling any new apps or games but if I'm wrong then get a game console want an iPod with a camera then buy 5g nano otherwise stop complaining

Fortune92
September 13, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Oh and the fm transmitting thing what do u think Bluetooth is iPod firmware 3.0 allowed Bluetooth for iPod touch 2g

Blake
September 14, 2009 at 12:27 AM

LOL shutup about what I wasn't disagreeing with you look at my last post and I have feedom of speech so I can assume what I may.

iMaster646
September 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM

you should check out the new ipod touch HD coming as far Ive seen it, it looks awsome

Reality
September 14, 2009 at 4:17 PM

So Truthful.

Blake
September 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM

No blue tooth is not fm transmitting. Fm transmitting is sending music thought radio. Blue tooth has nothing to do with this. the 2nd generation does not have fm transmitting for this reason.

Freedom
October 4, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Could anyone tell me with confidence if a new iPod touch will come out on Christmas because I really wanted one so bad and if I need to wait till next year then fuck apple I think a zune HD would be my choice because u am getting sick of apple as iTunes wasn't bad enough.

beau
October 26, 2009 at 7:59 AM

do they have a microphone on the ipod touch 3rd generation????

Hans
October 26, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Yes they do have a microphone but only on the 32 GB and 64 GB iPod Touch.

November 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Note: You guys never went through making an iPod.

Great, you guys don't like it, whatever = = Stop yelling at the Apple Company just because you're not completely satisfied. In my opnion, Apple has been doing a great job producing new products. Sure, the quality for the video may not be as good as a camera phone, but considering the size and that it's actually an mp4, the video feature is pretty good. Stop complaining, you don't like it, don't buy it. Honestly >.>

January 29, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Apple's revolutionary iTablet will soon gain some steam after this initial push period during it's unveiling. The lack of keyboard and Mac's potential to fix some problems will start to make the product a success in years to come.

Nilu
February 9, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Y we want camera on iPod Touch is bcoz Apple is not going to make digital camera + plus one can see photo, watch video, check Utube, but cannt click photo, shoot video, or upload photo n video to net via iPod Touch then what is the use of 3.5" screen size.

I know u might say then buy iPhone, but I m traveller (while travelling I would love to listen music + watch video + surf net but while on the go i can capture memorable event happens) I dont want phone function where people can disturb me at anytime now will u say I should switch off my phone if i dont want people to disturb me.

Tim-Tim
March 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Really Angel tell 'em... Go buy a camera shoot guys the iPod touch is not for taking pics. For listen to music.... think IPODDDDDDDD TOUCH.. not camera, iPod... get it... iPod=MUSIC, not camera...

Tim-Tim
March 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Big deal if they didnt beat Zune it still produces music doesnt it stop complaining gees its just a stupid camera get over it. you cant do nuttin bout it can you dats what i thought.. buy a zne nobody gives a care