Home » » Jailbreak iPhone 3.1

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1

Written By Hans Berger on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 | 7:38 AM

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1

Update: This tutorial does not install Cydia, in other words you must wait for iPhone Dev Team to release the new redsn0w software. When I saw the successfully jailbroken message on the screen I thought Cydia was installed and in all the excitement I decided to post this up for everyone else. Please wait until the new redsn0w is out. Bookmark this site and I'll make a tutorial once it's officially released.

With the iPhone 3.1 update which was recently released, jailbreakers will need to jailbreak their devices again. This update fixes a lot of bugs that were present in the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware, has anti-phising built-in and other cool features. In this post I will explain how to jailbreak iPhone 3.1 using redsn0w.

Note: This tutorial will be using redsn0w version 0.8. There is no redsn0w 3.1 out yet, but this worked for me on 1st Generation iPod Touch 3.1. It may not work for iPhone. If this does not work then don't complain! I recommend you wait for the Dev Team to release the next version of redsn0w (which may be some time this week). I'll make another tutorial once they do.

If you unlocked your iPhone and you want to keep your unlock, then don't update to iPhone 3.1 otherwise you won't ever be able to software unlock again (iPhone 3.1 updates the baseband permanently).

You must update to iPhone 3.1 first (if you have an unlocked iPhone you must not update yet as this will permanently lock your iPhone). After updating, either locate your iPhone 3.1 IPSW file or download it using any of the links below. Do not use Safari, instead use Firefox or Internet Explorer to download otherwise this will download as a Zip file!

3. Follow the jailbreaking guide below.

Note:

1. redsn0w only recognizes iPhone 3.0 firmware (not 3.1 yet!), although you are running firmware 3.1 you must still download iPhone OS 3.0 firmware for your device.

First you must download redsn0w for Windows, Mac, or Linux from here.

redsn0w 0.8 might work for Phone 3.0.1, iPhone 3G 3.0.1, iPhone 3GS 3.0.1, iPod Touch 3.0, and iPod Touch 2G 3.0.

1. Download the iPhone OS 3.0 IPSW file for your device and save it to your desktop. Here are the file names for each device, make sure you have the right one:

• iPhone 2G - filename: iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw [download link]

• iPhone 3G - filename: iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw [download link]

• iPhone 3GS - filename: iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw [download link]

2. Open the redsn0w 0.8 application to jailbreak iPhone 3.0.1.
3. Click the Browse button.
redsn0w 3.1 jailbreak - Browse

4. Locate your device's IPSW file that you downloaded in step 1 and click Open.
Browse for IPSW - iPhone 3.1 jailbreak

5. The redsn0w window will have the "IPSW successfully identified" message. Click the Next button to continue.
IPSW Successfully Identified

Page 2-- Jailbreak iPhone 3.1 tutorial

6. redsn0w will ask you to "Please select which options you would like to have". Make sure the Install Cydia box has a check mark and then click Next.
redsn0w select options iPhone 3.1

7. redsn0w will ask you to make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to your computer. Make sure you plug in your device in to your computer and then turn it off. Click Next once you have done this.
redsn0w - Make sure your devices is OFF and PLUGGED IN

8. redsn0w will now ask you to connect your device in DFU mode, you must do this properly to jailbreak iPhone 3.0.1.

1. Hold down the Power button for 3 seconds

2. Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (bottom center button) for 10 seconds

3. Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 30 seconds

• If you don't do this properly you will get a DFU Mode Failed message and you'll have to go back to step one.

redsn0w DFU Mode

9. Once your device has successfully entered DFU Mode, redsn0w will show the following message: "Please wait while your device is being jailbroken. Waiting for reboot." Your device should reboot after this. If redsn0w is stuck on Waiting to Reboot, unplug your USB cable quickly and plug it back in. The jailbreaking process should continue after tha.

10. Once your device has rebooted redsn0w will start uploading the RAMDisk and kernel.

11. After everything has been successfully uploaded to your device, redsn0w will have the "Done!" message. Your device will now reboot and you should see the Cydia app on your SpringBoard. Your iPhone is now jailbroken!

Yuna
September 9, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Im trying it right now on my iphone 3g. Will report back

slayeriq
September 9, 2009 at 7:57 AM

i have a jailbroken iphone on 3.0.1 what is the best thing to do for me now ?

yeahcool
September 9, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I own an official sim UNLOCKED Iphone 3G (NO 3GS !!!).
I used redsnow 0.8 to JAILBRAIK an Iphone 3G OS 3.1, because i had NO NEED to unlock it.
And it worked !!! Just point to OS 3.0 when jailbraking with redsnow.

Yuna
September 9, 2009 at 8:14 AM

It didn;t work for me, it was stuck at the "jailbreaking data" screen with the harddrive picture. I have an iphone 3g 3.1 I followed the steps exactly...

nemesis
September 9, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Will you still be able to tether?

dc
September 9, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Notice in the jailbreak tutorial above I get to the line, "....It may not work for iPhone. If this does not work then don’t complain! " so.........this is not a jailbreak for iphone 3.1?

Clint
September 9, 2009 at 9:23 AM

So, you update to 3.1 then jailbreak with the 3.0 file? And does this work for the iTouch 3.1.1?

Chris Jones
September 9, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Hey everyone i will see what they are talking about here cause it is unclear if they are telling use to update to 3.1 then open redsn0w and then run 3.0 in the place, or update to 3.1 and then downgrade back to 3.0 i will test this now.

Follow me on twitter.com/iHail

Clint
September 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Tried it and got stuck at downloading jailbreak data =(

Chris Jones
September 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Okay i will have a post up on my twitter about my conclusion about this jailbreak at 8:00pm Central Time!!!

JJM
September 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Just tried to jailbreak my 3g w/ redsn0w 0.8 and the correct restore file, not sure if its my comp/phone or just a glitch but this DOES NOT work with windows 7 as far as i can tell

john
September 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Its not working on 3GS

Allen
September 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM

No this does not work. don't try it unless you want to wipe your ipod clean and restore it. oh Well no biggie. is it possible to down grade to 3.0?

Makkity
September 9, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Success! iphone 3g 3.1 jailbroken. Mine took forever doing the downloading jailbreak data thing but it finally restarted itself and is good to go. Thank you!

Yuna
September 9, 2009 at 12:06 PM

How long did the downloading jailbreak data screen take??

Yuna
September 9, 2009 at 12:06 PM

How long did the downloading jailbreak data screen take?? I'm doing it right now but after about an hour I suppose i will just stop.

Makkity
September 9, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Forever = 15 minutes LOL

Marcyspark
September 9, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Are u sure? What baseband version does it say? Exactly what model do u have and what firmware were u on???

Mohammad
September 10, 2009 at 8:25 AM

well, i did wait forever and it didnt work, it restarts by itself

Big
September 10, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Can't some one help I what to jailbreak my iPhone I'm to stupid with computer

kittykitz
September 11, 2009 at 2:28 AM

I done the update to 3.1, used red snow 0.8 with 3.0 firmware to attempt the Jail Break. Awaited the Jailbreak download, and It hasnt worked. No Cydia after waiting 5 minutes. Anyone got a better tutorial? Im using an iPhone 3G.

kitz

david
September 11, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Just finished on a 3g w/ redsn0w 0.8 and used the 3.0 ipsw... the downloading jailbreak data screen lasted a good 15 - 20 minutes. It's cooking now.

david
September 11, 2009 at 5:26 AM

Crap. Spoke too soon. It didn't install cydia... Trying again.

kittykitz
September 11, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Tried it again, failed again. I have tried it 10 times now. Im using original 3.0 ipsw, and redsn0w 0.8. Any Idea where Im going wrong?

connected iphone to itunes> update to 3.1> closed itunes> opened redsn0w 0.8> browsed to 3.0 ispw> jail breaks> wait for reboot> iphone 3g with 3.1 firmware, but no cydia

sam
September 12, 2009 at 2:49 AM

would it install icy if you only click install icy and then be able to install cydia via icy?

d@n13l
September 12, 2009 at 3:08 AM

Don't install icy, icy is a g@y chaep @$$ clone of cydia you guys are better of waiting for the new version of redsnow.

Giz
September 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Read it carefully kids! "This tutorial does not install Cydia, in other words you must wait for iPhone Dev Team to release the new redsn0w software. When I saw the successfully jailbroken message on the screen I thought Cydia was installed and in all the excitement I decided to post this up for everyone else. Please wait until the new redsn0w is out." You cannot jailbreak iPhone 3.1 yet, if ever. Be patient and not so quick to download the latest bugs from crapple.

September 12, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Well Im leaving this comment, Why put up a tutorial describing how to jailbreak 3.1 if you cannot do it successfully. The whole point f a tutorial is to allow people to do it SUCCESSFULLY. That means get cydia too. That is a whole load of sh!t at the moment, due to the person who wrote this.

The new 3.1 jailbreak should have been out minutes later after the lanch, thanks to the beta of the firmware. But they have to take longer, dont they?

iPhone junkie
September 16, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I'm waiting patently for redsn0w to have a clean clear jailbreak. I suggest everyone stop wasting time and do the same, although I have a 3GS so I sorta have to wait no matter what. Apple is really pissing me off. This whole idea that they hate jailbreaking is ridiculous. The only reason I got an iPhone was because I knew it could be jailbroken and have more options. They are shooting themselves in the foot if you ask me. Please, Apple understand that you can't control the world and you need to stop controlling me and my iPhone! God knows I pay enough to have it!!!

Gabrielisimous
September 20, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Downgrade to 3.0 or 3.0.1 then jailbreak with redsnow... Open iTunes and restore with custom 3.1 firmware... And you get the new 3.1 jailbroken with cidya (I have a 3g and windows)

mahboob
September 22, 2009 at 7:44 PM

i concur that, specially that paying enough part ;)

ish
September 23, 2009 at 7:58 AM

hi

i just bought the i phone 3gs its come on software 3.1 and wont allow down grade any advice on when a jail break coming out 4 this

Andre
September 23, 2009 at 9:21 AM

i got the same crap....!

do you have any idea how to fix it?

Jap
September 25, 2009 at 6:59 AM

I was curious.. I tryed downgrading to the 3.0 software, and ran redsn0w, and it all seemed succesful. But where on earth do i find a custom firmware? Im running windows, and this is my first time trying..

Cant see what to do :/

I did find one custom off some random website, but it displayed an error 1505 or something.. Any ideas?

Ben Dover
September 25, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Mate ive got the same on an iphone 3G that came with 3.1....error 1015 right?...sucks ...guess ill just have to wait for greenpois0n to come out or a new redsnow....

Daddy
September 25, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Using redsn0w .72 works, I had no success with 8

Daddy
September 25, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I had no success with 8, but i think using redsn0w .72 works,

Daddy
September 25, 2009 at 10:22 AM

it's not technically "downgrading" to the firmware, it's using a previous firmware (3.0) to trick redsn0w into jailbreaking 3.1. and it works best with redsn0w .72

Daddy
September 25, 2009 at 10:24 AM

This will not work because as soon as you "re-upgrade" to the 3.1, it overwrites the firmware, e.g. no more jailbreak

Daddy
September 25, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Jap, see my comments above. It's almost impossible to downdrade firmware (whick is the most rediculous thing in the world, or I'd still be on 2.2.1)

You can however use the previous version of the firmware (3.0) to trick redsn0w .72 (better than .8) into jailbreaking your 3.1

Daddy
September 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM

*petting kitty*

Kitty, it's a simple procedure that is missed a bit in this post.

Use redsn0w .72
When asked for firmare, give it the 3.0 ipsw

Done

faithcanmovemountain
September 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM

hello guys,are you tired of using redsnow?well if u want i can help you to jailbreak your iphone 2g,3g and 3gs with a version firmware of 3.0 or 3.0.1...its was true and im enjoying using my iphone with a lot of themes and games..lol

DaRin
September 25, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Hey If i Got All of My Updates Directly From Apple iTunes Can I Still Jailbreak My Phone? And I Am Currently Up To Date

scsikid
September 25, 2009 at 1:53 PM

My iPhone 3G is running 3.1_7C144 I tried to jailbreak it but I have this ongoing problem. It just says downloading jailbreak data. It will sit there indefinitely with the same message. I'm trying to downgrade to iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw. redsnow shows done, but my iphone just sits with the same message.

Can someone help?

Jeremy
September 26, 2009 at 2:41 AM

okay i already jailbroke 3.1 with ease. i had cydia and icy on it. i just downloaded a custom 3.1 firmware and just restored through itunes. i was previously on 3.0.1. i did lose all my jailbreak stuff when i upgraded. well dont do it!!! wait for the dev team. trying to find away around it dont work. i had a horrible expereice where i had no service and itunes wouldnt even pick up my iphone. it was a mess to restore it. so i downgraded to 3.0.1 and then re jailbroke it and i have mms on it too. 3.1 isnt that big of an update anyways. 3.0.1 works just fine. also if you upgrade to 3.1 u will never be allowed to unlock ever again. it updates the baseband or whatever permanately.

Jeremy
September 26, 2009 at 2:44 AM

what custom firmware are you looking for first?

Jeremy
September 26, 2009 at 2:46 AM

dude we all know that 3.0 and 3.0.1 can be jailbroken. 3.1 is the pain. also redsnow 0.8 works just fine. ive done it so many times to my phone and never one probleem.

Shivi
September 26, 2009 at 3:11 AM

I bought my iPhone 3gs andbir already had 3.1 OS on it. does this mean I won't be able to jailbreak. Do I have to wait for the next jailbreak ?

buddha
September 26, 2009 at 4:15 AM

ok i exactly did what you said but on the step where i opened the redsnow and did browse, then clicked on the ipsw it said that the file is unidentified...and i downloaded the files for iphone 3g 3.1....note: it already is updated to 3.1 ... help here? i did follow the instructions..

buddha
September 26, 2009 at 4:17 AM

please help i did have cydia and icy on my phone before but stupid att message bout finally having mms jinxed on me so now i'm in a bit of a situation..i really miss my themes and my carmeldansen ringtone! please reply soon!

September 26, 2009 at 5:15 AM

You can still downgrade back to 3.0 and jailbreak that one, but you lose the unlock option, not the jailbreak option, because once 3.1 is installed, it updates the modem and downgrading on 3.0 won't downgrade the modem.

Joe
September 26, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Hi..

I connected my unlock Iphone 3G (fireware 3.0).. I left my Iphone connected to my laptop.. my son for accident started to play with the Pc and he pushed on Update from Itunes.. My Iphone was updated with the new OS and lost the jailbreak.. now, it is lock..!!!!! How I can fix that..!!! I don't have restore file saved in my computer..!!!!

Please Help..!!!!!

Thanks..

ahmed
September 26, 2009 at 7:22 AM

okay so i accidently updated to 3.1.. now its locked.. i have a pc and i might be able to get access to a mac.. anyonee helpp plzzz???

Phenomma
September 26, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Question @ "Daddy". Are you saying that using redsn0w .75 will allowe a jailbreak of iPhone 3GS 3.1 ??

Could you please give more detail, clarify in one post?

General Question. Is the DevTeam actually able to get anywhere with this latest version and jailbreak it? Or are we going to wait on false hope?
I may actually replace my iPhone and get the 3.0.1 instead. So please fill us in.

Thanks.

Iphone
September 26, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Does not work on 3gs 3.1. dont try it stays on a blank DFU Mode. Waste of time.

iphonesmartass
September 26, 2009 at 5:17 PM

THIS DOES NOT WORK! If you upgrsde to 3.1, you will loose the opportunity to jailbreak your iphone until dev team updates the redsn0w jailbreaking software. The 3.1 update upgrades the modem, which cannot be downgraded. What the hell did you think about when you made this post? ITs no point in "jailbreaking" this, because it downst install Cydia

Joe
September 27, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Hello..

Someboby help me..!!!
My Iphone 3G is a brick right now..!! How I can jailbreak again if the iphone has the default firmware I think.. I don't have any recoverable restore file in my pc.. It's just like a new lock Iphone ask me for a valid SIM card..!!!!

Please help..!!!!

g4ngr3l4t3d
September 27, 2009 at 1:25 AM

I made that same mistake as well, but there is a fix for it if you have an AT@T sim card for your iPhone. Just insert your AT@T sim as if it were your first time and start all over again. It worked for my iPhone 3G. Hope this will help you out.

neko
September 27, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Jailbreaking iPhone 3G with OS3.1:

1. Download PwnageTool 3.1

2. Download the unhacked OS3.1 firmware from Apple. http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-6600.20090909.AwndZ/iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw

3. Run PwnageTool and select the unhacked firmware from step #2. Modifying the firmware should take about 4-6 minutes.

4. A modified version of the firmware should appear on your desktop.

5. Insert an AT&T simcard into the iPhone.

6. Put your iPhone in DFU / hard reboot mode. (Power + Home button ritual)

7. Plug in your iPhone to your computer via USB.

8. Start up iTunes.

9. iTunes should detect the iPhone as in recovery mode and should give you a button to restore.

10. On a Mac, hold down the Option key and while clicking on the "Restore" button in iTunes to choose the location and file to use.

11. Select the modified firmware on the desktop (created from step #3)

12. Restore.

13. Allow anywhere between 10 - 15 minutes for the restoring process to complete.

14. The iPhone should reboot itself. Allow 3-5 more minutes for the phone to configure the new settings.

15. Cydia should appear. Install repo666.ultrasn0w.com into Cyndia's sources.

16. Install and run "Fuzzyband" from Cydia to downgrade your iPhone's BaseBand / radio firmware to version 04.26.08.

17. Remove the AT&T and insert in your non-AT&T sim card.

18. Reboot your iPhone.

19. The phone should be able to use non-AT&T network now (T-Mobile, Verizon, etc).

20. Enter in any appropriate network settings (E.g. for T-Mobile: Settings --> Carrier --> General --> Network --> Cellular Data Network --> Cellular Data section APN: internet2.voicestream.com)

21. Your phone should now work with your carrier.

22. This firmware hack will not brand your carrier on the top corner of your phone. You can install "MakeitMine" from Cydia to customize the top of section of your phone. This step is not required. It's only for cosmetics.

September 27, 2009 at 2:58 AM

hi,

what you can do is...downgrade your Iphone 3G to the firmware3.0, In order to downgrade...put your phone in the recovery mode and then once it is in recovery mode then...connect it to itunes and press SHIFT+RESTORE on the itunes...then select the firmware3.0 and install it....one installed...use redsnow to jailbreak it...and done.

iphonesmartass
September 27, 2009 at 4:24 AM

You've probably just updated your iphone when your iphone 3.0 was jailbreaked. The 3.1 upgrades your modem, which you cant change. Your iPhone is not bricked, you've lost your jailbreak. IF you've NOT upgraded to 3.1, set your iPhone in DFU mode, connect it to itunes, and restore your iphone with a 3.0 .ipsw file, which you can download from the internet

andrew snell
September 27, 2009 at 7:29 AM

i tried to jailbreak my iphone,
and on the screen when im doing it, says its downloading
the jailbreak data, but after its done,
theres no cydia app on my phone.
any answers as to why that is?

Shahid
September 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I have upgraded 3.1 to my 3GS. Is there anyway to unlock and jail break it. Please help

tamar
September 27, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I have the same problem as andrew... my iphone gets stuck in the: 'downloading jailbreak data' screen even after redsnow says it's done... what's wrong?

Chris
September 28, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I did every step.

Got to the very end, redsn0w said "done" but my iphone still has the connect to itunes on the screen.

I can't do anything with it.

am I missing something?

faithcanmovemountain
September 28, 2009 at 1:06 AM

hi!if you already updates to the new version you cant able to jailbreak your iphone 3g/3gs..unless u are using macbook you can jailbreak and unlock only the 3g not the 3gs...

faithcanmovemountain
September 28, 2009 at 1:10 AM

yes joe!are you using macbook?if you are using macbook..you can jailbreak and unlock your iphone...cheer up lol!

faithcanmovemountain
September 28, 2009 at 1:13 AM

yes buddha..so what is your concern about your iphone?i mean your question?

Rosemary
September 28, 2009 at 5:23 AM

Do not try this if your on 3.1, because while its "jailbreaking", it messes up because redsn0w jailbreaks 3.0.1 and below NOT 3.1 FIRMWARE. So dont try it until the DEV team makes one for the 3.1 firmware. It froze my iphone! grrr.

hardball
September 28, 2009 at 5:46 AM

I have the 3GS with 3.1 firmware.

I went till step 7.

According to step 8, redsn0w will ask me to connect device in DFU mode. That never happened. It just started updating the kernel and stuff and then I got the message that I was done. But nothing seems to have changed. No cydia installed either.

September 28, 2009 at 7:02 AM

Once redsno0w said it done don't do anything [Not even click finish] just leave it connected and wait till your iphone re-boot itself.

Mike
September 28, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Use Irecovery to boot it out of recovery mode.

Anoyed
September 28, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Why are you people jailbreaking your phone and then crying for help when it does not work? HELLO, this is all part of the process, you will have to do some work at times to make the jailbreak actually work. And there will be times when it will NOT work. STOP crying "my phone is a brick what do I do" ****ing figure it out!

September 28, 2009 at 2:57 PM

you guys are bone heads quit trying to jailbreak until the software comes out if you go back to a older firmware you will lose all of your contacts, apps, ext becuse i tunes makes you set it up as a new phone. and redsnow well lock up ever time so give it. redsnow will not work with firmware 3.1

sergemx
September 28, 2009 at 3:30 PM

it doesnt work redsnow with the 3.1 firmware de ipsw doesnt run on it why?? what can i do to jail break my iphone 3 gs ??

i have 3.1 firmware please help !!!!!!!!

Deez
September 28, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Would this jailbreak possibly work if you have an iPhone thats not network locked anyway, because it was bought outside the US where AT&T dont exist?

Silver
September 29, 2009 at 4:42 AM

I have a iphone 2G and it was locked but since it was a 3.0 firmware i managed to unlock it but without thinking i upgraded it to 3.1 ! So now i have an Iphone that cannot be used till the latest redsnow version :-( hope it will come out fast ! Does any one know the release date ?

Guru
September 29, 2009 at 4:58 AM

Iphone 3g os version 3.1

downgrading 3.1 os to 3.0 = possible (using quickpwn2.2.1 after error 1015 using ispw 3.0)

jailbreaking 3.0 after downgrade = conclusion Gave up after six hours of torture.

Restoring last backup which was made with 3.1 os on iphone does not work with iphone downgraded to 3.0.

Redsnow 0.72,0.8 tested with ispw 3.1,3.0

charlie
September 29, 2009 at 6:02 AM

I have an IPHONE 3Gs and it used to work with all network providers, it also had cydia installed on it and it was version 3.0. I am not very iphone savvy and just last night i connected my iphone to my pc and got a message that a new version 3.1 was available and would i want to install it. i clicked on yes and WALLAH!!!! my iphone is now version 3.1, but my SIM does not work anymore.....i kicked myself so hard, i really dont know what to do and neither do i have any jailbreaking experience. can i not go back to version 3.0 and get rid of this problem?? my iphone did come with an AT&T sim.....please help me people.....really appreciate it....

Dahamood
September 29, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Hey guys can somebody please send me an email when redsnow will be released to jailbreak 3gs 3.1 firmware
dahamood@hotmail.com
thanks in advance

Hapa
September 29, 2009 at 11:31 AM

If you wanna jailbreak 3.1 but don't have a mac then this post is for you. Have 3.1 installed on your phone. Get a hold of a custom_ipsw that was created from the pwnage tool from a mac. (torrents are the best way but there are some floating around other forums). Make sure the custom ipsw is for your model of iphone (no 3gs support yet). Put you iphone in dfu mode (tutorials on how to do this are everywhere). Start up itunes (make sure its itunes 9) and it will prompt you to restore your iphone. Hold shift and click on restore. You will get a window to navigate your pc. Find the custom ipsw and double click. Let it do its magic. and Poof jailbroken iphone with cydia and icy. The ipsw should look like this (iphone 1,2_3.1_7c144_Custom_restore.ipsw). Remember these ipsw's are different for different models of iphone so choose the correct one.

K
September 30, 2009 at 2:48 AM

But does this work on Windows 7?

September 30, 2009 at 6:15 AM

Honestly, that works??

Might try it again, but I am backing everything up.

John
September 30, 2009 at 6:47 AM

Is Jailbreak with Cydia availiable for the iPhone 3g 3.1??
Please let me know. Thanks.

September 30, 2009 at 10:20 AM

plz help me, frm redsnow jailbreak process is finish now on my iphone its showing DOWNLOADING JAILBREAK DATA and nothing going to happen I think is stuck, I did try 3 times but same thing now what I can do ? I have iphone 3g.

September 30, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Yes i have windows 7 and it worked for me.

Ethan
September 30, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Same thing happened here!!!

jax
September 30, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Your rushing patience is the key

Yann
September 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM

does someone knows when the jailbreak with Cydia for Iphone 3g 3.1 will be avaible?

David
September 30, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I have tried this process on an iPhone 3GS for 3.1 and it's not working.
I am running Windows 7 and did use this process for 3.0.1.
I have redsnow 0.8 set to run as administrator in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, and the redsnow process seems to complete, but the iPhone is just left sitting with a blank, slightly illuminated screen.
If I power down the iPhone using the button and the top and then turn it back on again, there is no sign of Cydia.
Any suggestions? (I don't have a Mac, and my hackintosh netbook is currently in about 50 pieces on the desk beside me...)

Domo
October 1, 2009 at 7:37 AM

the same happened to me plustaha but I left it for a while and it finally disappeared and restarted, but Cydia isn't on my springboard :/ anyone else have that problem?

Alt
October 1, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I use a pc but have access to a mac. Can I just unlock/jailbrake my iphone first generation in the mac or it needs access to my itunes? I'd restore it in the pc which i have it syncd.

drusc0
October 2, 2009 at 3:45 AM

can u jst tell us the link to dl the custom restore... ive been looking thoroughly and cant get the right archive -.-!

Josh
October 2, 2009 at 6:24 AM

my did the same thing. did you figure out how to do it?

October 3, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Never worked x.x Im gonna wait, hope the team will comeout with one soon ^^

I need a redsnow !! o;

Kevin
October 3, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Does anyone know of any problems with Cydia and its apps and the new 3.1 FW?
For example, I heard that Winterboard has issues running on 3.1. Can anyone confirm?

gilles99
October 4, 2009 at 12:45 AM

hi,i have try this trick, i have got a 3g on 3.1 original..
have do all you have says, after a long "download jailbroken data" it's reboot, and it's again on original 3.1 so it's non jailbreaken

so i think your DIY don't work,with redsnow0.8 ? somebody have already succeed?

saky
October 4, 2009 at 12:54 AM

the sam thing happend to me.i did it 2 times and when it restarted there wasnt Cydia...What to do?please help

Saky
October 4, 2009 at 2:36 AM

did any one found any solution for this problem?
Cydia is also not instaled on my iphone...
HELP

omid
October 4, 2009 at 1:31 PM

it work great!

Shlomo
October 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM

When does the 3.1 unlock software come out for windows.

r l pal
October 4, 2009 at 4:21 PM

i have recently updated ihone OS version 3.1 to my UNLOCKED iphone3G un knowingly. Now its freezed and become non responsive. Is there any way to recover/restore.jailbreak ?

brian
October 6, 2009 at 6:17 AM

THIS F'ED UP MY PHONE DONT USE!

**********************
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
**********************

Martin
October 7, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Hi I did the jailbreak on my phone. Cydia and Icy are on there but I lost my carrier's signal (Rogers in Canada. So now, I seem to be stock a an I phone that does not work. what can i do

October 8, 2009 at 8:05 AM

[...] Follow the jailbreaking guide at the Jailbreak iPhone 3.1 [...]

none
October 8, 2009 at 9:40 AM

how many times does it need to say "no 3gs support yet" ???

jamie
October 13, 2009 at 4:44 AM

it keeps getting stuck on the reboot. I unplug the USB and plug it bak in but nothing. Any ideas?

Cynka
October 14, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I have done all the steps to jailbreak my iPhone 3G. I did until it showed "JAILBREAKER DATA DOWNLOADING" for a very long time, then the white Apple sign came back and my phone is not jailbroken..what do I do now???

soul
October 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM

yo! r l pal, same thing happen to me..
did anybody have solution for this matter?
appreciate your help otherwise my iphn will be as display unit in my cupboard... :(

USSR
October 20, 2009 at 4:00 AM

when will the new redsnow be ready?

tworld
October 20, 2009 at 11:37 AM

hey guys, i have downloaded the 3.1 restore ipsw but redsnow is not recognaising it. I have dowloaded it from the link provided on this page. What am i doing wrong?

Kevin
October 21, 2009 at 3:34 AM

How would you go about jailbreaking a BRAND NEW iPod 2G on 3.1 Firmware. please help me i am a newbie

October 21, 2009 at 4:49 PM

God this is so damn confusing. I just have one question. Does this method of jailbreaking unlock your iPhone and will you be able to get cydia? I am currently still at 3.0 software.

hy!
October 22, 2009 at 12:31 AM

hy!
I have a question. i both an iphone 3g that was unlock and jailbreaker. but i meak the mistake of restauring and now is block (because is from other country) and with the new version of firmware 3.1. how could i unlock and jailbrake the iphone as it was before?. thanks a lot!:)

Rutul
October 22, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Hi i have iPhone version 2.1(5F136). I want to upgrade it to latest version OS 3. how can i upgrade it. i have downloaded the latest update file and redsn0w. But i havent run it. i need help on how to upgrade and is it problematic.

wael
October 22, 2009 at 3:26 PM

basically it doesn't work with 3.1 :S any Idea ..?!

andy
October 24, 2009 at 3:26 AM

hi guys is version 3.1 and 3.0.1 the same as its rather confusing

matty
October 24, 2009 at 1:34 PM

my phone just factory restores

Will
October 26, 2009 at 12:56 PM

i have 3.1.2 on a ipnone 3g will this work for me????

dp
October 27, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Hi everyone.. i had trouble breaking my phone with every app on my windows vista and windows 7 pcs. the jailbreaks would hang after restarting in DFU mode.
i then swapped cables with the original cable that came with my ipod and it seems to have worked fine.

hitesh
October 28, 2009 at 6:15 AM

i have iphone 3gs and whenever i connect my phone to itunes it says sim card inserted in this iphone is nt supported .please tell me wats d problem. i have a 3.0.1 version

Mr Green
October 28, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Why not create a app store in china you will be protected from piracy? If you need help to start one i can help.

Davide P.
October 28, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Hi, I think I made a terrible mistake yesterday. I have an iPhone 3G bought abroad, when I took it to Italy I did the jailbrake and it works. Yesterday I did the upgrade from iTunes and after that it doesn't recognize the SIM. I tried to do the jailbrake with the new .ipsw file but it doesn't work. Anything works. Can someone help me?
thanks

October 29, 2009 at 6:15 AM

heyy
im downloading the firmware by using the internet explorer but still it is downloading as a zip file!!!pls help

Bob
October 29, 2009 at 11:06 AM

You guys are all Tards. Read & Follow. WORED FINE FOR ME DOING IT THAT WAY. They couldn't make it easier for you guys. X

Rob in Cali
October 29, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Use FIREFOX to download ipsw

Benjamin Lu
October 30, 2009 at 6:47 PM

3.1.2 firmware will not work with redsnow 0.8. you have to wait till it comes out with a new software... if u are eagerly wanting to update your firmware to 3.1.2. use pwnage 3.1.4 if you have a mac computer and follow it's instructions. for windows user. use redsnow to update to 3.1 only. if you have a friend who has a mac, use that mac to update to the newest firmware.

JessiaaP
October 30, 2009 at 6:56 PM

OKAY i have a hugggee problem
whenever i try to downgrade my 3.1 to 3.0 it wont work when jailbreaking ittt? im stuck on the "downloading jailbreak data" screen until i get stuck on itunes recovery mode. Any help?

efrain
October 31, 2009 at 5:29 AM

If You have an unjailbroken iPhone 3gs no need for downgrade. just upgrade to iPhone 3.1.2 and then download blackra1n www.blackra1n.com and done. Blackra1n is the fastest, cleanest tool i have ever seen. Just dont disconnect the phone till it self reboots.

bf
November 1, 2009 at 5:02 AM

I tried all the above steps but still my Iphone showing to connect to I tune . still not jailbreaked ..!! any suggestions please ?

wjw
November 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM

hi,

it says 'downloading jailbreak data..' on my phone, is it meant to take a while?

Mr. Jobs
November 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM

To those stuck on the jailbreak screen... you need to downgrade to version 3.0!!! First off, for all those 2G owners that updated to 3.1.2 firmware intentionally or by accident, there's still hope! If you hate the pwnagetool (and you shouldn't) or you don't have a mac, you can use redsn0w BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO 3.0! This means restoring your iPhone to 3.0 (using the 3.0 .ipsw firmware file). You start that off by putting your iphone in DFU mode (look it up) and then connecting to iTunes. Note, restoring your iPhone to 3.0 this way will cause you to lose all your contacts, music, etc. Restore your iPhone to 3.0 (iTunes will ask you to find that .ipsw file downloaded), then the iPhone will relaunch with that same bloody lock and slide for emergency call screen, but don't freak out. launch redsn0w and follow the instructions, then you're back in the game! Note, with this method you are restoring your iPod an will LOSE EVERYTHING (files-wise). Luckily, the baseband on 2G models can't be changed, for the 3G people, try to use the pwnagetool instead of risking it with blacksn0w (baseband will be changed). Hope this helps. There's a nice tutorial on all of this so look it up! Apple, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Savannah
November 10, 2009 at 6:46 PM

For those of yall that have the version 3.1 firmware use blackra1n. It took 5 seconds to download. And then 3 seconds to jailbreak. You click the icon on your desktop and it says finding device. It then jailbreaks your phone without ANY assistance or extra steps from you. It honest to god took me 5 seconds. LITERALLY. No need to put your phone in DFU mode. I was shocked it was so easy. Then you just download cydia from your phone and that took about 30 seconds.

Blackra1n. do it.

Ryan
November 12, 2009 at 3:16 AM

iPhone 3GS 3.1.2
Blackra1n will work, but you can't turn off your phone and turn it back on.

If your phone turns off, you NEED to connect to a computer and run blackra1n and click "Make it rain" again, to boot up your phone. It'ts ok if your battery never runs out and you never need to turn off your phone or reboot it.

KC
November 12, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Jailbreak to the old IPSW you used when first jailbreaking your phone...should work

Rohan
November 13, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I am increadibly computer savy (mostly windows) and am a web coder/designer and I understand every step on here... but still cant get it to work, can anyone help me? MSN is: th3realj0k@live.com

B-rad
November 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM

It is stuck on the "Waiting for reboot" screen. I tried unplugging. Any suggestions??

Purple
November 16, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Hey, i've done all the jailbreak steps...after i clicked "done"...my iphone still remains in a state of "downloading jailbreak data..." in which its been like that for some time. i cant turn it off nor does removing the cable do anything. :S
any help?

John
November 23, 2009 at 8:54 AM

blackra1n works a lot more simple and is a faster way to jailbreak and unlock your iphone.

Pete Sancoeur
November 30, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I have firmware 3.1 and my iphone is brand new from box.I want to unlock it because I have travel plan. What is the difference unlocking and jail braking?

With a firmware on version 3.1,is it risky to try to jail break it?

Pete Sancoeur
November 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Also, I have mistakenly download the Iphone1.1_3.1.2_7d1...ipsw instead of the 3.1

would the 3.12 work on my firmware 3.1

kermit
December 2, 2009 at 6:19 AM

Mine did the same thing. I didn't click finish, and waited for a while and eventually it finished and restarted. I believe that it is unzipping files. I've heard that it can sit at that screen for quite a while. 20 minute or more even. Mine took ab 5-10.

Chris
December 2, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Hill
December 3, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Unlocking it allows you to use virtually any carrier's sim card. Jailbreaking means you can download 3rd party (not authorized by Apple) apps.

Pirate Saint
December 6, 2009 at 2:56 PM

cant get anything to work Blck ra1n doesnt work on my 3g
running 3.1.2 can it be apple did this new update with a block. it stays on reboot screen only for like 2 minutes and nothing. need help...........

Pirate Saint
December 6, 2009 at 2:57 PM

i ment 20 minutes.

KIMBO
December 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM

i did all the steps and it loaded and restarted my phone but i dont have cydia or anything

any ideas

Duncan
December 11, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I have done this over and over again with no problems what so ever on a PC. I am doing it on my brand new MBP for the first time, lets see how it goes. From what I understand it is supposed to be easier on a MAC but everything I've read so far says different. I guess I will have to be the judge.

lauren ferguson
December 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM

So can I ask one simple question. Well maybe two now that I think about it...

But let me recap from what I understand.

Blackra1n will jailbreak at 3gs with 3.1.2 (7D11) BUT if for some odd reason you lose power to the phone you will need to re-jailbreak the phone.

So here is my first question:

Why would I want to go through all the hassel of trying to go back, as much as I paid for the phone, I am never turning it off.

I read something about the 4th and 5th number needing to be lest than 45...

Where do I find this number and does that preempt anything previously said?

I am ready to move on and I am not sure if I have just come full circle.

Please keep the answer as simple as you can Yes and No will do me just fine. I will even welcome a Yes, but or a No, but.

Please don't complicate ice cubes. I am easily confused.

Lauren

redman
December 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Im from india, i just got an iPhone 3G, and it is unlocked, it runs on Version 2.2
This means only selected apps work on it, is there a way to update it to 3.0 or higher without making it a brick?

Michael Price
December 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Hello, I just bought a 3GS never locked ..I activated and updated it and now want to install cydia on it ?
Is this posible ?

If not is there any other way to install apps (free) ?

Thanks !

PS : version 3.1.2(7d11) Firmware 05.11.07

david
December 18, 2009 at 1:19 AM

where can i get ipod 1g 3.1.2 custom firmware which is already hack ?

Benny
December 20, 2009 at 2:27 AM

need help...

i buy a iPhone 3GS v 3.1.2 from australia and already unlocked by factory...

i want to jailbreak it...can someone teach me how to do it??or just mail me...

Angie
December 21, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I did everything, step by step, and after it finished jailbraking my iphone does not have either cydia nor the other application and its not working with t.mobile. please help!!!

John
December 23, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Blackra1n is VERY UNSTABLE and will only work about 10% of the time...

Andy
December 28, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I have a similar problem as Angle. I did everything, wait about 15min untill iphone reboots. Unfortunatelly, no Cydia appeared on the Springboard... (however, phone still works with my Orange SIM card)
Any ideas what to do now?

Harru Z.
December 29, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Stuck on Downloading jailbreak data after redsn0w finished. What to do??? Please help. I don't want to jailbreak with blackra1n cuz then tomtom app wont work. HEEEELLPPP!!! PLEAASEEE!!!

Harru Z.
December 29, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Ok now it reeboted and it not activated my iPhone. Whata heck?

Sam
January 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I did the jailbreak my phone keeps on saying downloading jailbreaking data . Does anyone knows how long the whole process takes.

jp
January 3, 2010 at 7:56 PM

i waited like 5 minutes went black the screen and then re-started with no cydia. crap i am going to use blackra1n

big M
January 5, 2010 at 5:59 AM

I'm using iphone 3G 3.0 but i recently upgraded the software to 3.1 from itunes and now my iphone is just showing a cable and itunes...and says Actiave with a original sim without pin....(I locked my iphone earlier 1 month ago and i forgot the code,so i unlocked it)...
So,what do i do now?Please,help me

January 5, 2010 at 9:33 PM

okay, NOT to hate on redsn0w, but you all need to download "blackra1n" ...i messed with redsn0w soo many times with no prevail, then downloaded "blackra1n" that took literally 5-10 SECONDS, then the cydia app that took 3 SECONDS, and my iphone 3g is jailbroken!!

yay yay yay!!!! :]

stan
January 8, 2010 at 4:38 AM

i have no wifi so i cant get cydia onto my ipod with blackra1n and i have 3.12

CJ
January 10, 2010 at 5:16 AM

my phone is just saying "downloading jailbreak data...." for about 10 min now

Miguel
January 11, 2010 at 6:46 PM

hey do you have problems when restarting your iphone it takes you too recovery mode? i have installed it so many times and try to install stuff which made me reboot and send me back to recovery mode.. please email me back....

Dave
January 13, 2010 at 4:03 AM

Dude i am having the same problem did you find out anything.

clint
January 16, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I had the same problem. blackra1n solved it. Amazing utility takes only 1 min to unlock iPhone. WTF!? Sorry Redsn0w.

January 17, 2010 at 4:56 AM

guyz the update of 3.1.2firmware u have to jailbreak with blackrain once it done than using blacksnow or icy it actually unlock but now at recently here in uae they blocked all the URL so we cant unlock but we can jailbreak....man i am waiting for redsnow update for 3.1.2..damn man i upgrade and unlocked for frnd but now when i did with my phone i cant coz of site BLOCKED BY the network providers.

January 17, 2010 at 4:59 AM

use backrain to jailbreak it again when it gives that error of connect with itunes...u phone is already unlocked than y to restore and other stuff..just click make it rain and its normal...

slyaii
January 19, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Blackrain is easy, but the downfall is that you will always need to rerun Blackrain everytime you shut down or if your battery dies! that's the downfall!!!! documented by blackrain.

i am waiting too for redSnow 3.1.2

DunnoHehehe
January 21, 2010 at 5:30 AM

Redsnow doesnt sound too good,, better settle for blackra1n. No offence redsn0w. :)

Joe
January 25, 2010 at 12:07 AM

this is becuase u have a new ipod/ iphone.

And blackra1n is tethered, for the NEW ipod/iphone, this means you have to connect it to ur comp everytime you reboot.

Mikhail
January 26, 2010 at 4:29 AM

I have a question. Does PUSH Notifications option works properly after using redsn0w? 'Cause after Blackra1n it doesn't.
After Blackra1n i also cant use iPhoneBrowser...

January 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Blackra1n worked faster. Thanks for the referral guys. I was actually struggling with the redsn0w. LOL

dilshan
February 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Greetings in the name of majesty hi i just done the same way it have mension but now my phone got hang with a note it says downloading jailbreak data i just want to know wat will happen next it takes long time of should i have to go to repair it please reaply soon as possible

alex
February 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM

so i follwed all instructions for using redsn0w to jailbreak my 3g iphone. Went into dfu mode just fine, uploaded ramdisk and kernel just fine, got weird pineapple guy, then when phone rebooted it just kept rebooting. Now it's just doing that, itunes wont recognize the phone so I can reset, and blackra1n just says "waiting for device". What do I do?

Amanda
February 2, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I can't wait for blackra1n to come out with a new jailbreak for the newer iPhone 3.1.2 without having to reboot it when it shuts off. I WANT TO JAILBREAK SO BAAAAAAD(:

February 2, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Hi Migual, Me also have that problem. "when restarting your iphone it takes you too recovery mode? i have installed it so many times and try to install stuff which made me reboot and send me back to recovery mode"
-if you or someone know how to solve that problem please share! Thz

MrRandango
February 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM

The reason why your iPhones are being sent back to the recovery screen is because of the version your iPhone is...5.5 doesn't have any problems...5.6 is the one that does. Apple made a new version to crack down on people jailbreaking their iPhones

February 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM

jailbreak firmware 3.1.3 for iphone and ipod exclusive at
www mob2all.com

SOUD
February 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM

i have tried to ulock my 3g iphone with redsnow 0.9.2 and all procedure have been through as directed but it fail to report again can anyone help me with this?

santosh
February 11, 2010 at 10:57 AM

worked like charm.I used Blackra1n for iphone 3g(bought 2008).so i say forget about red and use black for wahtever is ur firmware.

Michelle
February 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I have tried everything but I don't get that jailbreak guys picture. What am I doing wrong? I have tried all the troubleshooting things but it is not working. HELP!

boubou
February 15, 2010 at 8:28 AM

hello i just bought an officially unlocked iphone but i want to instal cydia so i can download many apps
how can i install it?

Michael Keith
February 16, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I have to blackrain running on 3GS but I need to reset my iphone without upgrading to 3.1.3. I downloaded a 3.1.2 IPSW file for 3GS but when i attempted the backup, I got a message from ITunes that I could not use the file. Any suggestions.

Anna
February 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM

i just gave up!same story :-/

Anna
February 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM

i have same problem...did you find solution?

G.man
February 16, 2010 at 1:48 PM

I get a message that says " Dowloading data" i have been getting this message like for 10 minutes and it doesn't go further... wats wrong?

help
email me at soychicano2004@yahoo.com please....

February 17, 2010 at 7:23 AM

hey im tommy i want to unlock my iphone 3.10 but when i unlocked it cydia did not come in you think you can give me the steps to jailbreak it

Luis
February 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM

hi people i want to downgrade my iphone to firmaware 3.1.2
because i upgrad it to 3.1.3 and the blackra1n dont work with them.
but when i download the file (iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)
it comes anytime zip file and i cannot do the downgrade with them.

can u help me please

March 8, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Hey Luis, its a couple options online about to downgrade from 313 to 312 but the baseband is not gonna change i have like 10 times thinking it might be an issue with them firmware version or whatever but its just a wasted of time, you can look on youtube (downgrade firmware 313 to 312) yourself and give it a shoot if you wanna.
peace!

Prae
March 12, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Use a different browser to download the ipsw file - i had same problem with IE8 - it always d/l as zip so i used Firefox and it came down as ipsw no problem. As an aside, from everything I've read if you've upgraded to 3.1.3 then unless you already have shsh on file with Cydia you're out of luck. (Hope that's right - open to correction - I'm trying to decide whether its worth upgrading 3.0 to 3.1.2 and avoid going to 3.1.3 by mistake so i'm reading eveything i can find!)

airhawk
March 13, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Hi,

I have an unlocked iphone running 3.1(7C144) and baseband 05.11.07
I want to install cydia on it but i have no clue how to do it, please help me out guys

thanks

Zahir
March 17, 2010 at 12:27 AM

its not wrking

if any new sftwr coms pls do let me know

mojojojo
April 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Blackra1n.com download and make it rain then install cydia.

pedro111
April 6, 2010 at 8:44 AM

my iphone stucks on the "downloading jailbreak data..." screen and dont reebot!!!
what shoud i do????

zampi
April 9, 2010 at 1:04 PM

hey i've got iphone first version, it should be on 3.1.3 firmware... the thing is that i cannot access menu - it is in the emergency mode. and when i plug it it, itunes says that the sim card is not supported... i tried to unlock it / jailbreak it with redsnOw and blackra1n... it did not work... when the phone was idfu mode, it did not come back afterwards and the pictures which suppose to appear did not :/... nothing was installed in the phone... any ideas?

Bart
April 13, 2010 at 12:06 AM

redsnow says "Done!" but on the display of my iphone the message "Downloading Jailbreak Data..." keeps on it.

Please help!

Bart
April 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Now my iPhone finaly rebooted, but there isn't jailbroken. There isn't Cydia on it either. plz help (msn: dekimpeb@hotmail.com)

October 5, 2013 at 4:58 AM

@Shahid
You can easily unlock your iphone3gs by remote unlock method. If you need remote unlocking service you can visit this site Mobile-unlocker.com here you can get the service and unlock your iphone3gs easily