Home » » Jailbeak and Unlock iPhone 3.1

Jailbeak and Unlock iPhone 3.1

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 | 6:03 AM

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1

Today the iPhone 3.1 update was released to the public. This update fixes a lot of bugs that were present in the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware. If you want to jailbreak or unlock your device, follow the steps below. If you have an unlocked iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS do not update just yet, updating will permanently lock your device and the ultrasn0w unlocking software won't work.

The jailbreak has not been released yet, but you can do the following to prepare for it.

How to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1Jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3.1

1. You must update to iPhone 3.1 first. After updating, either locate your iPhone 3.1 IPSW file or download it using any of the links below. Remember, don't use Safari to download. Safari can't download .IPSW files properly, use a different browser!

2. Download redsn0w (not up yet, stay tuned!).

3. Follow the jailbreaking guide at the Jailbreak iPhone 3.1 post (not up yet).

Unlock iPhone 3.1

To software unlock iPhone 3.1, you must create a custom firmware that uses the current baseband. The iPhone 3.1 update updates the baseband to a newer one that permanently blocks the software unlock. A guide on how to unlock iPhone 3.1 this will be up later.

Chris
September 9, 2009 at 6:11 AM

Thanks... I love this website and the daily emails.

Hugo
September 9, 2009 at 6:16 AM

I heard that 3.1 would make your iPhone immune to being jailbroken--meaning you will never be able to jailbreak it again. Apparently this is especially a problem with the 3GS. Is this true or is a solution available? This info from Cydia.

Glasofruix
September 9, 2009 at 6:16 AM

So, can we just use redsn0w 0.8 ?

Chris
September 9, 2009 at 6:21 AM

I doubt they would be telling you to update to 3.1 first if you couldn't jailbreak it.

EWG
September 9, 2009 at 6:28 AM

I opened Cydia and it says DO NOT upgrade to 3.1 unless you want to lose your JB. If you notice above, the article does not go into detail about JB with OS 3.1. For those that unlock, definitely stay away. You can try at your own risk to JB but I'd wait until you get official word. This site is no longer the official site for JB.

xiaogwu
September 9, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Is it safe to upgrade to iTunes 9 before we do the upgrade to 3.1 + jailbreaking?

Chris Jones
September 9, 2009 at 6:38 AM

Hey don't worry the jailbreak will be out soon. If these guys don't give it to you the GeoHot will. Also I am working on one myself so stay tuned an follow me on Twitter.com/ihail

Chris Jones
September 9, 2009 at 6:42 AM

Go ahead and update to iTunes 9 if they tell you that you have to have a lower iTunes I will put a video on YouTube to downgrade to a lower iTunes. Follow me on Twitter @ Twitter.com/iHail

Makiitnes
September 9, 2009 at 7:10 AM

There is no need 2 download 3.1 right now since apple will most likely have another update, 3.1.1, after they release the MMS update on the 25th. So I will wait til then 2 update & the JB should b out by then as well.

September 9, 2009 at 7:15 AM

we can't wait! :)

Tabasco0303
September 9, 2009 at 7:19 AM

I doubt there will be another update just for AT&T customers, there will prolly just be a carrier update to unlock MMS. Also, if we want to update early to see the feature and JB later do we need to do a full restore before updateing to 3.1

Lincoln Walters
September 9, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Jailbeak lol :)

dc
September 9, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Perhaps the MMS update is within this one.

Marcyspark
September 9, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Need something to fix the poor battery on the 3gs fingers crossed we get this 3.1jailbroken and it delivers.....

Clint
September 9, 2009 at 7:26 AM

I connected my 2G 3.0 jailbroken iPod Touch into another PC with a fresh install of iTunes 9.0 and it didn't have any problems with it. Still don't know if it's possible to sync apps (legit and cracked) with the iTouch and it being jailbroken... Does anyone have any more answers?

slayeriq
September 9, 2009 at 7:59 AM

i have a jailbroken iphone now can i follow these steps when the new redsnow comes out ?

anonymous
September 9, 2009 at 8:43 AM

3.0 had mms. if u tell at&t u have a different phone, then u can get mms

Nymphilis
September 9, 2009 at 8:54 AM

You can sync legit and cracked apps, I am able to as of now...but makesure when u install apps thru instalous, to have it as a clean install with iTunes sync turned on...can't wait for the JB

Jsp
September 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I downloaded 3.1 before reading this stuff & I seem to be unable to jail break as I have in the past. Does "permanently" unable to break it really mean permanent?

Naeem Farooqui
September 9, 2009 at 10:45 AM

i know there is no solution for JB right now but this will be available for 2G sure.

i want to know is there any fix for WIFI that i loose after updating to 3.0 and 3.0.1 coz i need my WIFI back it just got greyd out if i reset the network setting it will let me in but can't search for the WIFI/connect

Naeem Farooqui
September 9, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I must say that this is really early to think about the jailbreak but any thing else when ever JB available u must need these files to JB so download them as soon as possible.

and they also mentioned that what people are asking where when JB and unlock available this will be updated in this thread :)

2. Download redsn0w (not up yet, stay tuned!).

3. Follow the jailbreaking guide at the Jailbreak iPhone 3.1 post (not up yet).

Víctor nieto
September 9, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I will waiting for redsn0w

Chris Jones
September 9, 2009 at 1:22 PM

yes this is okay to do and just DONT upgrade your OS on the jailbroken device!

Chris Jones
September 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM

As of now there all developers and iPhone crackers are trying to find a solution they said that as a precaution to warn ppl NOT to do it til one solution is found!

tjmcawesome
September 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM

MMS is already supported, I'm in canada and MMS works fine, its just ATT that doesn't do it. nothing to do with the iphone.

Leonardo Rios
September 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Asking of ya all If can i used redsn0w 8 firmware 3.0 then new update 9 firmware 3.1 can good working insatlling ??

john
September 9, 2009 at 2:14 PM

what the**** did you just say? where are you from?

Leon Su
September 9, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I just upgrade to 3.1 firmware, when the jailbreak software leased?
now i don have cydia in my iphone is so difficult to play....
thanks

Richmondyayarea
September 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM

I restored my phone (thanks to HomeLeopard) not knowing about the update. I went to jailbreak again. It does not work for me. It was stuck on the downloading jailbreak screen. I wanna know about a downgrade ASAP. And btw... Dont download the homeleopard theme it looks cool but didnt work

Eric
September 15, 2009 at 12:57 AM

I've been using mms since September 2 AT&T has opened it

Andy
September 21, 2009 at 2:14 AM

waiting for the good new to jb 3gs in os 3.1

K
September 22, 2009 at 2:43 AM

The jailbreak/unlock for iphone 3g was supposed to be available by last week. Any updates on that? Thanks.

steven
September 26, 2009 at 5:05 AM

haha what the hell man learn english

Marco_Guy
September 27, 2009 at 3:12 AM

AT&T MMS requires iPhone OS 3.1. We need a new redsn0w please....

steven's mom
September 27, 2009 at 3:16 AM

Maybe he is learning English a$$hole. It's not like everyone is lucky enough to be born in the U.S. English is sometimes someone's second language, so ease up... Ha Ha Ha.....

Marquie
September 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I have the 3.1 upgrade and the new 9.0 itunes every time i jailbreak the phone says dowloading jailbreak data and keeps loading and does nothing for minites and shuts of what am i diong wrong

Cal
September 29, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Apple is controlling the game after 3.1 updates and the jailbreak community has no answers to it. :(

Apple is like communist dictators.... They like to control their consumers coz they have the power.

I hope one day someone can changes it and make their products more freedom.

Clay
September 30, 2009 at 9:01 AM

No, actually there is a Mac version of the 3.1 jailbreak. This is actually the usual Mac users general snobbery against PC users.

Matt
September 30, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I believe apple has superior products to anything on the market. However, they also have superior Nazi tenancies. They control something you, and I own. They should have no influences on how I decided to use something that is no longer theirs.

Ethan
September 30, 2009 at 5:29 PM

You are right...

Please be considerate.

Maybe he is trying his very best to tell his concerns to us, as we all know that English is the main medium to communicate here...no matter where we lived.

If he speaks his own language (if he is not an english-speaking individual..), definitely, we will not able to understand him.. and you will be more pissed off. :P

Pato
October 8, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hi! I have a terrible problem. My sister didn't realised and downloaded the 3.1 soft for the 3gs. When will the software to unblock the iphone appears? Thank youuuu

Casseur
October 9, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I have a brand new 3Gs which running FW 3.1 that I haven't been able to use. I have been reading around and it looks like there are a ton of people in the same situation. Someone please come up with a JB for 3.1.

Naeem
October 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Thanks for your contineuous efforts to unlock the iphones.fighting with apple who do not care morthan a million customers around the world and do not respect of their thoughts.

here i could not understood what is the use of downloading the IPSW 3.1 and when and how to use it while jail breaking, YOU HAVE NOT STATED ANY STEP TO USE THIS FILE, BUT YOU HAVE SAID HOW TO USE IPSW 3.0 and 3.0 is recognised by redsnow but not the file 3.1

so give me a hint to jail break by using resnow 0.8 with the file 3.1 ............. and 3.0 (mixedup ???)
and again i have attempted twice to jail break my 3.1 i phone and every time redsnow stucked at "waiting for phone to reboot" and show no progress in the bar.

Michael T.
October 22, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Hi Michael,

I got mine iphone 3gs 3 weeks ago from the UK. I charged and never used it, as is must be locked or jailbreak. Even if i inserted a european sim card it only says "No sim card installed - Insert a valid Sim with no pin lock to activate the phone" I can only use it for emergency calls.

Could you please help me, i dont really know what to do? I cant even see what firmware/version is..

thanking you in advance

October 30, 2009 at 7:32 AM

when will the unlock for the 3.1 firmware be released!?

flavio
November 4, 2009 at 9:07 AM

google blackra!n.. No need for pwnage

vin
November 7, 2009 at 3:14 AM

hi…

i use iphone 3g
after upadate to os 3.1 my iphone is locked
how i unlock my iphone plz
help me as soon as possible
thnks

Arthur
November 16, 2009 at 8:00 PM

hmm anyway there is no available unlock :( still w8ing .

Murty
December 17, 2009 at 8:41 PM

How to unlock 3GS new phone with firm ware 3.1 using Windows?

Any help?

Ak
January 20, 2010 at 6:55 PM

I have a legally unlocked Iphone 3gs with 3.12 - Need to jailbreak to use Cydia
is it possible?
I dont need to unlock the phone as it is already working with all sims .

please help !

elimin8ter
February 20, 2010 at 4:51 AM

can i jailbreak 3g running on 3.1 with hacked carrier file for gophone pick your plan unlimimited data? Have never unlocked or jailbroke ? jailbreaked ? that looks wrong.. Anyways thats some good weed!!

JULIO DIAZ
March 16, 2010 at 10:30 AM

HOW LONG WE HAVE TO WAIT, BEFORE THE SOFWARE TO UNLOCKED THE IPHONE 3.1.3 IS OUT.