Home » » iTunes 9 Download released by Apple

iTunes 9 Download released by Apple

Written By Hans Berger on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 | 5:30 AM

iTunes 9

Today in their It's Only Rock and Roll event, Apple announced the release of iTunes 9. I'm not surprised, this is the same date Apple launched iTunes 8 last year.

What's new in iTunes 9?

• Redesigned iTunes Store

• iTunes LP

• Home Sharing

• Improved Syncing

• New way to manage apps on your iPhone or iPod Touch Home Screen

iTunes 9 Download Links

You can either go to Apple.com to download iTunes 9, or you can use the direct download links below to download.

kev
September 9, 2009 at 5:37 AM

does anyone know if it is safe to update if you are jailbroken

Klutch
September 9, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Is this safe for JB devices??

September 9, 2009 at 5:48 AM

[...] Today Apple has finally released the iPhone 3.1 update that many iPhone users have been waiting for. This update fixes a lot of bugs that were present in the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware released in June and also supports the new Apps Management feature in iTunes 9. [...]

Bmk
September 9, 2009 at 5:51 AM

I'd imagine you can update to iTunes9 but not the iPhone OS 3.1

Correct me if I'm wrong...

J-Wolf
September 9, 2009 at 7:03 AM

I'm also concerned about upgrading to iTunes 9 ... my JB iPhone uses FiveColumn SpringBoard. I would think the app management in iT9 would go apesh!t when it reads that! With that in mind, what else may be fubar'd if a JB device is attached to iT9?? I'll wait for a report before I do any upgrade.

tazinlwfl
September 9, 2009 at 7:52 AM

So far so good. I have a JB 2G 3.0 and iTunes 9. I've synced (removing/adding apps and updating song info) and everything works fine. However, I cannot manage apps (and pages) as previewed online.

tazinlwfl
September 9, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I don't use anything fancy, though. Beyond the basic tweaks, I don't have the 5-icon springboard or the sort-icons-into-folders hack.

James Bell (XMODZ)
September 9, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hey everyone... This is JB friendly. J-Wolf the app management only works if you have updated your iPhone's firmware to 3.1. If you have older firmware then the app management is not compatible and it just shows a list..

[...] released the iTunes 9 download along with the iPhone 3.1 update, but guess what? iTunes 9 blocks the Palm Pre from syncing. This [...]

Clint
September 9, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Just synced my jailbroken iTouch 2G 3.0 with iTunes 9.0. Cracked apps stayed and everything seems compatible. yay!

rmoran
September 9, 2009 at 1:23 PM

I'm upgrading to iTunes 9.0 now..

DO NOT UPDATE iPHONE TO 3.1 :X

fr33
September 9, 2009 at 2:44 PM

No way upgating to 3.1 yet... At least for us iphone users. Well iphone 3G users and 3Gs....

Perhaps we shall wait little bit more, at least my Iphone doesn't have any relationship with AT & T Contract and Data plan, and neither Apple. So no insurance , I will not try to Jaibreak with an unoficial release of rsnw or qpwn... Still my Iphone 3g its on 3.0.1 JB and working as great as ever :) + GoPhone Card from AT&T , it cannot be any better :)

I shall download itunes 9 and update, but no 3.1 if no official JB comes yet!
Thanks for the awesome news :)

Berto
September 10, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Since iTunes 9 is playing well with jb iPhones my iPhone is acting sluggish so I want to restore can anyone confirm that if I restore my phone to 3.0.1 will it all go gravy with iTunes 9?

soooha
October 21, 2009 at 11:37 PM

with thanks.

Ron
December 22, 2009 at 5:36 AM

I downloaded the iTunesSetup.exe to install the iTunes 9. Just as suggested when opening iTunes.
Then I execute it... the Windows installer is showing for a short time and then disappears.
And nohting seems to happen.
If I look with the ProcessExplorer from SysInternals, I can see that iTunesSetup.exe calls the msiexec.exe but does not do anything.
If I look at the log file (iTunesSetupECC.log in the temp dir. of Local Settings), I can see the last command is: Executing: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe" /i "C:\DOCUME~1\Rony\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP247.TMP\iTunes.msi" and that's it. I know it slows down my computer.
Does anyone have an idea what is wrong ?

I'm running a Windows XP, (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435: service pack 3).
My QuickTime player version: 7.55.90.70

Thanks in advance

Ron
December 28, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Hi,

Found the problem. Well not exactly, found a solution to go around the problem.
For some reason, the program msiexec.exe did not execute the msi.
So what I did now, going to the temp dir. where the setup extracted the msi files. There were like 8 different msi files.
I doubleclicked the iTunes.msi, because this was the start msi that the msiexec.exe should have executed.
The setup ran and installed the new iTunes 9.
Only thing was that after the installation, those temp. files (msi's) were not deleted. I deleted the whole temp file by hand.
And problem solved.

Regards,

Ron

NOOOOOOOOOO!
February 20, 2010 at 2:49 PM

FOR DOG'S SAKE DON'T DO IT!
I just got iTunes 9 & it ruins everything! There's something majorly wrong with it. It deauthorizes your computer, makes you resync you iPod with ALL your music, & it will undo all the changes you make. That's not even half of the problems it has, but I'm just telling you DON'T DOWNLOAD ITUNES 9 UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR ENTIRE IPOD TO BE SCREWED UP!!!!!