Home » » Enable MMS on AT&T iPhone 3G 3.1 or iPhone 3GS 3.1

Enable MMS on AT&T iPhone 3G 3.1 or iPhone 3GS 3.1

Written By Hans Berger on Monday, September 21, 2009 | 11:17 AM

Enable MMS iPhone 3GS

In just 4 more days AT&T will issue a software update which will allow iPhone 3G/3GS users to use MMS for free. AT&T originally planned on enabling MMS for iPhone users earlier, but they had to delay it because they wanted to make sure their network would be able to handle all the MMS traffic. In this post I will show you how you can enable MMS on your iPhone 3G/3GS on iPhone 3.1 firmware right now. All credit goes to Aaron Krill for this.

Note: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device as a result of following this tutorial. Performing this hack may void your iPhone's warranty. If this does not work then just wait until September 25, AT&T will issue a free update that allows you to enable it. If you get a red exclamation mark after following this tutorial, then that means you'll just need to wait for AT&T to officially release MMS.

Enable MMS on AT&T iPhone 3G/3GS using Mac

Quit iTunes

1. If you have iTunes open, then right-click and click Quit to close iTunes.

Open Terminal

2. Go to Applications -> Utilities and open the Terminal application.

ATT IPCC Command in Terminal

3. Copy and paste the following command in to Terminal: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Return key

4. Press Return on your keyboard.

AT&T US IPCC

5. Download IPCC file (right click this link and save it as ATT_US.ipcc).

Open iTunes

6. Connect your iPhone 3G/iPhone 3GS to your computer and open iTunes.

iTunes Update

7. Press Option on your keyboard and at the same time click on Update in the iTunes window.

AT&T iTunes IPCC

8. Locate your ATT_US.ipcc file you downloaded in step 5 and click Choose.

9. Time to reboot your iPhone. Hold down the top button of your iPhone until the "slide to turn off" message appears, slide and turn your iPhone off. Turn your iPhone on again and it should have MMS on it!

Page 2: Enable MMS on iPhone 3G/3GS using Windows

Enable MMS on AT&T iPhone 3G/3GS using Windows

Command Pompt

1. Open Command Prompt (it's in  Program Files -> Accessories).

iTunes command

2. Copy and paste the following command and press enter:

cd C:\Program Files\iTunes\

If you're using a 64-bit operating system use the following command instead and press enter:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\

iTunes IPCC command

3. Copy and paste the following command in Command Prompt and press enter:

iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

ATT IPCC file download

4. Download IPCC file (right click this link and save it as ATT_US.ipcc).

Open iTunes

5. Connect your iPhone to your PC and open iTunes.

iTunes Check for Update

6. Click Shift on your keyboard and at the same time click Check for Update in the iTunes window.

iTunes ATT IPCC file

7. On the right-hand side there should be a drop-down, click on it and select "iPhone Carrier Configuration files (*.ipcc)", find the ATT_US.ipcc file and then click Open.

8. Reboot your iPhone. MMS should now be working!

kneegrowbboy
September 21, 2009 at 11:52 AM

what if your iphone is jailbroken?

BPain
September 21, 2009 at 11:59 AM

But da*n time they unlock this feature.And too the question above I would just wait dude.There having massive problems jailbreaking iPhone 3g and for sure the iPhone 3gs.Cause I have the iPhone 3gs and they still haven't figured that out yet.

Hans
September 21, 2009 at 12:09 PM

You don't need to jailbreak, but if you do jailbreak it still works.

September 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Dude. The MMS fix worked for me first time. YOU ROCK.

Joe
September 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM

no option for carrier config in dropdown box

Hans
September 21, 2009 at 12:21 PM

If you're using Mac you don't need to do that, but if you have Windows then you should see it. Quit iTunes, and enter in the appropriate commands in Command Prompt (as I mentioned in the article). If you don't know how to do that then I suggest waiting until AT&T officially releases it. It's only 4 days! :)

Ben Warren
September 21, 2009 at 12:33 PM

it works! thanks a lot for this tip!

jason
September 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM

will this work for 3.0.1? or will i have to up grade to 3.1?

Hans
September 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I haven't tried it on 3.0.1, but it does work on 3.1.

Cory
September 21, 2009 at 12:46 PM

This worked but for some reason it will not let me send any MMS text's yet. It sets at sending with like 10% loading bar left but never moves.

Mario
September 21, 2009 at 12:50 PM

will the release of MMS make activate MMS for 2G work for us at&t iPhone 2G users

September 21, 2009 at 12:52 PM

No they won't, Apple claims that MMS will not work on the 2g or original iphones.

This was announced back when 3.0 came out.

September 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM

I did this a while ago, on my iphone 3G (3.1), but doesn't 3.1 require a 5.1 carrier file? since 3.1 upgraded the carrier file to 5.0.

Though I did have to manually set my network information, though I did loose the Visual Voice Mail option.

static
September 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM

same as cory...gets so far and just quits won't send all the way

DrChip
September 21, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Works on my iPhone 3G in California! Thanks!

DrChip
September 21, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Works on my iPhone 3G 16, 3.0 firmware in California! Thanks!

Bret
September 21, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Take that back. It gets to the end a freezes

Bret
September 21, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Sweet !! Works great !

kev
September 21, 2009 at 1:25 PM

I was quite lucky - I had unlocked my phone and used it overseas 2 months ago, roaming on a provider that had already enabled MMS. That automatically enabled MMS for me. I thought it would go away when I came back and used ATT, but the functionality remained enabled.

I was running 3.0 at the time and still haven't upgraded. Right now though, I run into the same issue some of the previous posters mentioned - it sends till about 90% and then fails. Hopefully that is just dependent on ATT officially enabling the service?

Brian
September 21, 2009 at 1:28 PM

im just waiting on them to release something so i can unlock my 3g one 3.1 firmware to be used with tmobile.

Booce
September 21, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Will this work for receiving MMS too? Will MMS w/ATT allow for video messaging or just pics?

Booce
September 21, 2009 at 1:30 PM

On another subject, Why, if I can jailbreak my iPhone 3G & get video recording, won't ATT add video recording as a native app in one of the updates for the 3G? The hardware is there on the 3G, just not enabled. Is it all about the cash, making people buy 3Gs to get video?

Hans
September 21, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Correct, they want people to get the iPhone 3GS for that.

Gnewt75
September 21, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Yea, the update works but it sends about 90% of the picture then after about 5 mins theres a red ballon with a white exclaimation point indicating an error.

Yar
September 21, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Hell yeah!! This tip gave me a case of full blown AIDS!!

static
September 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM

update to my it sends so far and quit...went into the cellular data settings and under the mms part the APN was blank...added wap.cingular in there and sending fine now!!! Thanks!!!

Gnewt75
September 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Are u part of another carrier than A T & T, Static? I entered what you wrote and got the same result.

ecd
September 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM

i just tried this on my phone(16gb 3g 3.0.1) and i got the red exclamation point but i tried this on my wifes phone(8gb 3g 3.0.1) and it works fine, then i sent my phone a picture and the viewmymessage.com craps comes up. i wonder how it works on one phone and not another? any suggestions

ping
September 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I got the cam icon in my chats now, but I still can not send or receive MMS :(

September 21, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I can send MMS but can't receive any yet. Any suggestions?

Kurt
September 21, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I did this when 3.1 first launched. Mms is very elegent. Howeverw. With iTunes 9.0. I have found no way to downgrade the carrier file. None the less. It will work
it works great for me

SMooreAce
September 21, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Use Swirly MMS and send ATT to he11 where they belong. No games, no BS, and its been working for better than a year now. ATT has been holding out on us since the release of the iPhone, I have been, and will contenue to do everything I can to keep supporting those who help us have FULL access to the phones we ALL paid far too much for. Especially for neutered versions, with sub-industry standard features!

marcus
September 21, 2009 at 2:54 PM

this will not work if you have that tethering hack enabled! trust me!!

kneegrowbboy
September 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM

aint working for me. i checked the APN, wap.cingular was already there. all the other stuff was blank though. i also thought that u have a separate icon for mms, i just get a camera next to my message block under sms icon.

psphackeraod
September 21, 2009 at 3:00 PM

this did not work for me, i still cannot send or get mms

Brad
September 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM

what do all the mms settings in the phone have to be at for this to work? people that have this working on your phone can u please go to settings-general-network-cellular data network, and then tell us what ur settings are

Dustin D.
September 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM

This guide only works if AT&T has already updated the cellular towers in your area.

Guthimillerk
September 21, 2009 at 4:49 PM

What carrier does this require? Is it the AT&T 5.0 or something else?

Trip
September 21, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Freaking awesome it works!!!!!

Jacob
September 21, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I tried this with a software version that wasn't 3.1, and at first I got an exclamation mark, but I tried to send it again and it seemed to work. Sent the messages to two of my friends, waiting to hear back and see if it works.

Justin
September 21, 2009 at 6:52 PM

WOW.... Can't you guys just wait the 4 days lol

EdwardG
September 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

HaHa. Thank You so much to whoever figured this out.... works perfect on my iphone 3Gs 32gb

Adrian
September 21, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Swirly works for tmobile, it has NEVER worked for AT&T, also this hack has been out for months and is useless.

3 more days.

mike
September 21, 2009 at 11:15 PM

You have to adjust the settings in cellular. They are not always there. Then it works fine

joe
September 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I was able to send from my phone it goes through but ends up in lala land same hack on my phone and my wifes both sends to each other sent succesfully but never recieved

Jim
September 22, 2009 at 12:41 AM

This works. I have had mms since 3.0 came out. I am currently running 3.1 and still have mms i got it on this version by following the same process I saw it on utube. My vvm doesn't work and that is a big bummer. But mms is great. Can't wait till the 25th so I can get
mms and vvm a the same time

Javier
September 22, 2009 at 12:59 AM

This did not work for and i did every single step rigth (3gs)

d00ber
September 22, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Works famously for me, send {-} receive on 3g OS 3.1! I didn't want to wait :)

September 22, 2009 at 1:16 AM

I did what static said as far as changing the cellular data there was two sections with the apn one had wap.cingular the other was blank once i put the wap.cingular under the other apn section my mms worked.

Sean
September 22, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Did not work for me at all. Got the camera icon in the text area and it lets me add photos to messages but they will not send. Always comes back with a message failed error. this was with iphone 3g 3.1

hagerl8m
September 22, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Will the update from AT&T effect jailbroken phones? Or can we just update and not have any problems.

Rob
September 22, 2009 at 2:07 AM

lol! At&ts' excuse for not having mms enabled sooner is laughable man! I feel for you americans with your backwards, counter productive telecom companies. While the rest of the world is basking in blistering data speeds, top-notch call quality and nationwide, almost (99.9%) complete network coverage, you people are stuck in the dark ages paying premium for disgusting sounding 'customer service' and old, dated technology. Talk about a raw deal eh?

Arlo
September 22, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Works for me, just sent a mms from my iphone on at&t to my palm pre on sprint and it came through with both the text and the message :)

Great hack thanks.

16GB iPhone 3G w the newest updates

Shane
September 22, 2009 at 2:31 AM

You must quit terminal after you enter the command into terminal then open iTunes, if iTunes was open quit and reopen

ricky
September 22, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Hey, there are two APN sections...make sure both of them have wap.cingular in them. It will work.

maan_27
September 22, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Uffffff i am tired of waiting!
When does the unlock & jailbreak(redsn0w) for 3.1 come out for windows???
I am tired of waiiting!
Any other alternative possible?
I am no where close to a mac so leave that out!

Just a little plea from a iPhone 3G owner....=(

Omar
September 22, 2009 at 4:51 AM

Didn't work

IMG_0031.PNG

TAGVoar
September 22, 2009 at 5:18 AM

WOO! Worked for me! I sent one MMS to my mom's iphone and it all worked and I sent one to my friend on T-Mobil and she got it on her Razor!

WOOO!

Dj xcite
September 22, 2009 at 5:20 AM

Haha my att iphone 3gs 3.1 32g works fine some girls are sending me some **** ***** lol f***ing amazing i love u iphone 

stars_fan
September 22, 2009 at 5:24 AM

followed the steps exactly and it worked for me...

Wolvorine4424
September 22, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Did not work here. I have a iPhone 3GS 32GB.
I have AT&T service and iPhone is not Jailbrocken, YET.

Is there a way to reverse the terminal command???

Would this be the correct command to reverse it:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool FALSE

scotty c
September 22, 2009 at 6:02 AM

gave me the option to put a pic in a text, but message failes and wont send on my 3gs. guess im waitin till friday.

Sarah Beth
September 22, 2009 at 6:02 AM

Thanks so much so posting this!!! Works AWESOME :)))About time we can send pics!!!!

um
September 22, 2009 at 6:51 AM

"some girls are sending me some **** *****"

I'm sorry, but PICS OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN

RelicS13
September 22, 2009 at 7:13 AM

it worked!!!! i love u quickpwn!!

Tard
September 22, 2009 at 8:17 AM

I got everything but it hangs and fails when it tries to send. Any suggestions.

Tard
September 22, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I guess I wait till Friday too.

JayJ.
September 22, 2009 at 9:27 AM

It totally worked! I literally just sent a picture to myself! Woohoo!

By the way, sad that something as simple as sending a picture can be so groundbreaking.

September 22, 2009 at 10:40 AM

To reverse the Terminal command precisely, use

defaults delete com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing

Dj xcite
September 22, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Mines working an im in chicago lol sucks for you guys that cant get mms to work but i kno my way around the iphone

Ericb
September 22, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Does this work on a jailbroken 3gs running 3.0.1?

BMOC
September 22, 2009 at 12:06 PM

It def works, but for some people you can't receive mms right away. What you need to do is go to settings-general-network-cellular data network- under the mms options you need to enter wap.cingular for the APN option. Then you can RECEIVE messages.

Wolvorine4424
September 22, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Thank you...

I will try it again. I didnt check the APN with it installed.
If It still fails, then I will use the command and restore.

I already have 3.1 installed so it will not meter if i restore or not.

Gnewt75
September 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Read and didnt everything suggested to send and recieve MMS texts. Nothing so far.

Agiacusa
September 22, 2009 at 3:29 PM

It work for me. I been sending pics all day to diferents phones and carriers. Also I got pics to in my 3G

almost mms
September 22, 2009 at 3:47 PM

It almost does it...correction... it took a couple min but it sent woohoo

rogzila
September 22, 2009 at 4:18 PM

WORKS PERFECT.!!
thanks.!

suck if cant cant do it.!
come on im 15 n i did it
:DD

coffeehacker
September 22, 2009 at 5:31 PM

did it fix itself or were extra steps needed? thx

EnVii
September 22, 2009 at 11:57 PM

I got mms working for ATnT but does ne1 knoe if this works for ppl using Tmobile ?

Zhiki
September 23, 2009 at 12:05 AM

NO, it does not. I tried it and got an error message at the itunes update process.

acrwebline
September 23, 2009 at 12:32 AM

It works!! Now question: I have seen the MMS icon in some phones, this workaround works, but is there any way to have the MMS icon to show on my scren or is it too much to ask? Thank you

3G-OG
September 23, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Please hurry with the 3.1 jailbreak for Windows I
am about to puke if I spend one more week with my Samsung clamshell crapter-1000.

Phantom Wraith
September 23, 2009 at 1:43 AM

If you don't have the camera icon in mms go to your settings app and click messaging. -- mms may be disabled -- simply turn it on, and if your carrier file is right it will work. -- they also added a subject line if you enable it, or I just never saw it there.

Reaper0666
September 23, 2009 at 2:49 AM

I read on here it doesn't work if u have the tetherIng hack. I have a 3g running 3.0.1. To me
it's more important to have tethering than mms. Can someone help me have the best of both.
Thanks

Tristen Warner
September 23, 2009 at 4:46 AM

It's working great here in Washington state. Never failed once but when I first got the carrier file I had to put te apn in but other than that working great fr about a week now. I have sent audio and pics and I found out I can revive videos but it's all slow sometimes

Mike Garrison
September 23, 2009 at 5:05 AM

I hold down the key but get see no update to select. Mac OS 10.6.1 Itunes 9.1

Gnewt75
September 23, 2009 at 5:14 AM

I dont have the tetherinh hack...I put "wap.cingular" in the APN settings. The text starts to send the pic, gets to about 90% but then stops, it stays there for about 2 mins then I get a red balloon with a white exclamation point in it indiating an error in sending.

I followed the steps in the windows instructions above a few times. It did upgrade to carrier 5.1 in my settings.

Congrats to those that got it working tho.

Mike Garrison
September 23, 2009 at 5:22 AM

I hold down the option key but get see no update to select in the iTunes window. Mac OS 10.6.1 iTunes 9.1. I have the ipcc downloaded and have completed the Terminal actions.

Gnewt75
September 23, 2009 at 5:30 AM

@ Mike Garrison....when u push "options" and "Check for update" together, a window should open. A drop down inside the window should show indicating what file it will search for. It's on the bottom right. Click the drop down and it should offer another option to find a .ipcc file. When you select that it will find that file and u can then load it.

Hope I was clear.

Adam
September 23, 2009 at 7:48 AM

i just did it no problem, make sure that you use the dropdown on the BOTTOM right to get iphone carrier configuration and not the dropdown on the top...that may be why some people cant find it.

Phantom Wraith
September 23, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Well we should have our options enabled in 2 days for Tethering, and MMS for those who can't get it working.

September 23, 2009 at 10:06 AM

does anyone know the network/cellular data network settings that are used for mms

thasoldier
September 23, 2009 at 10:07 AM

IT WORKED. BUT NOT AT FIRST BUT IT SERIOUSLY WORKS

steve
September 23, 2009 at 10:15 AM

it doesn't work on windows. can't find file after the Hold shift and click update procedure. Any ideas?

keith
September 23, 2009 at 1:12 PM

worked first try!! Yessir!! bought god damn time ATT!!!

Brandon
September 23, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Yeah the new Itunes 9.0 disabled ICCP file upload. You can only search or upload IPSW files... =( DAMN

dan
September 23, 2009 at 2:08 PM

i tried this and the ipcc updated and i rebooted by phone, but still no mms... i even did a full restore of my phone and repeated procedure with no luck.... the About section states the carrier file is AT&T 5.0 and there is no option in Settings>Messages to enable MMS as there was in 3.0 beta 4 and below. Can't figure out why everybody else can get this to work and i can't... it's a pretty simple patch... i guess my phone is cursed!

kass
September 23, 2009 at 2:59 PM

There is a drop down in the file select. Chose IPCC files and there it is.

[...] for iPhone users to add MMS functionality. Many of our readers have been lucky enough to already enable MMS on AT&T iPhone 3G/3GS 3.1 using a guide I posted a couple of days [...]

phonehacker
September 23, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Worked right off. Noticed the title mentions OS 3.1 I am running OS 3.0 and have no issues with it..

Cheers and thanks for the advanced leak.. :D

Frank
September 24, 2009 at 3:28 AM

doesn't work for me I have everything set correctly but it just won't send or receive anything

CJ
September 24, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Where do I go to find the check upddate button in itunes? I keep clicking on the dropdown help menu hitting the shift key and the check for updates button on that but nothing. I also do it at the iphone screen and it brings up the 3.1 update which I am not going to do yet because there is no jailbreak version on windows yet. Just an FYI I am using itunes 9.1 any help would be great thanks in advance

Greg
September 24, 2009 at 4:25 AM

Seemed to work at first, but picture won't finish sending. gets right up to the end and stops. Won't go through. Help please.

Travis
September 24, 2009 at 6:51 AM

great job on this one.... worked first time.....Thanks

September 24, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Worked the first try. Although, I had to click the "Check for update" button at the same time as I was holding the "option" button down. I was looking for the update button for the longest time. =P

maisie
September 24, 2009 at 8:50 AM

did anyone else's caps lock go away?? it worked for me on windows...but i noticed that i cant do caps lock anymore. and i dont have the option to enable it either...

Greg
September 24, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Did your mms actually go through? Mine stops right before the picture gets sent and asks if I want to try again.

Keith
September 24, 2009 at 9:25 AM

I did everything and I can now see the MMS option on my texts, but it wont allow me to send or recieve any MMS.. it just fails to send everytime and i can get any MMS from friends..

any ideas?

Chaz
September 24, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Mine didnt work when i was on wifi, but it worked over the 3g network.

Greg
September 24, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Thanks for the tip. I will try that. wifi was on.

Shari
September 24, 2009 at 11:04 AM

That still didn't work for me :(

KP
September 24, 2009 at 2:34 PM

My MMS was working the last few days and quite tonight. Went back threw the steps and now it only works on 3G not WiFi anymore. Whats Up? is this the way its going to be tomorrow?

September 24, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Yes, when it's Wi Fi enabled it doesn't work for me. (iPhone 3GS on a Mac) Maybe the official patch will work with WiFi on.

disasteroid
September 24, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Worked for me, just had to disconnect from my wifi... hope they get that fixed.

gaz man
September 24, 2009 at 4:03 PM

worked for me! followed instructions to a t. just takes a little while for the pic to send through cause of the file size. be patient and it'll go.

therussiangirl
September 24, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Didnt work for me either till i turned off my wifi....but it doesnt work on Edge though, no need for 3G

therussiangirl
September 24, 2009 at 6:19 PM

correction: it DOES work on edge..sorry

jay
September 24, 2009 at 7:10 PM

it worked first time

iphone luvah
September 25, 2009 at 12:48 AM

It works with new itunes released on the 25th of sept. i guess they unlocked that search feature.

September 25, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Worked great. Did it on my 3G 3.0 running the BenM tethering patch and now have MMS and Tethering. Finally, the best of both worlds.

Thank you!

Matt

Christoph
September 25, 2009 at 3:06 AM

This is quite simple, you phone doesn't need to be jail broken at all. for windows simply copy the text in the command prompt. After, download the file (save it to the desktop, much easier to find). After, open up iTunes, plug the blasted thing in and in the iPhone menu on iTunes, shift click the "Check for update" button, it'll ask you search for a file. Go the desktop and find the file. click it and let it update. It will say something about updating the carrier settings. after, reboot the phone.

Next thing is to go into your settings (I had to experiment with this myself. My phone has been jail broken numerous times)General, Network, Cellular Data network and under MMS, for the APN enter "wap.cingular" without the quotations. after that open up the messages app and it should be there! Let me know if you have any questions. I'll help anyway I can.

Jon
September 25, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Worked flawlessly - thanks! although i did have it on 3.1 but my fiance's iPhone was running 3.0 and it runs great now. thanks again.

September 25, 2009 at 3:22 AM

It did kill my visual voicemail, but you can do this to fix it really quick.

Just go to Settings->General-Network->Cellular Data Network.
Then change the APN under Visual Voicemail to acds.voicemail

Tyler
September 25, 2009 at 3:22 AM

There's no IPCC file option when I shift click. Lame.

[...] about time AT&T releases it. I got a chance to try iPhone Picture messaging early by using an enable iPhone MMS hack. Sending an MMS picture message through the iPhone 3G was pretty easy, but it took some time [...]

Levy
September 25, 2009 at 3:28 AM

im having trouble trying to get this update how do you get it?

3.0.1 Tether User
September 25, 2009 at 7:47 AM

It works on iPhone 3.0.1

= )

So you can still tether if you want to

Matt
September 26, 2009 at 6:35 AM

So i have used the APP called "MMS" as well and it was quite nice. I am wondering though about this tutorial or guide......where can i find it? thanks

Saint
September 27, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Hey ppl it does work on 3.0.1 as well. For those who are wondering if it would affect your jailbreak, it won't affect it. It is only a carrier update if u use this tutorial so it will not change anything on the baseband of the iPhone, thus leaving the jailbreak unafected.
For those who's mms message loads about 90% and stops go to settings-messaging-and turn the mms off. Respring your iPhone and then go back and turn it back on, it should work.

JJ
September 28, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Ok, my itunes if on my F:\ drive but command prompt will not let me switch the directory to that drive... I am sure i am missing something simple but "cd F:\Program Files\iTunes" is not doing anything for me.

Stoolie
September 28, 2009 at 7:37 AM

I updated to 3.1 and now I can't get a phone call to last more than a few seconds. I have restored several times. This is my first problem update since getting the 3g right when it came out.

kawabunga
September 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM

it dint work for me i have 3.1 i jail broke n unlocked mine .. but dint work =/

Jon
October 12, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Update. I did the 3.1 update and it failed alot of things spent alot of time. so i am back running this.

and with the wi-fi off it runs like a dream. Just got to remember haha.

but now both phones are running the 3.0.1 update with both the BenM tether and this.

angela
October 16, 2009 at 2:13 PM

if i am using jailbreak 3.1 should i use the itunes to install the mms or use windows.