Home » » BlackBerry Storm 2 Types Faster than the iPhone!

BlackBerry Storm 2 Types Faster than the iPhone!

Written By Unknown on Monday, September 7, 2009 | 7:37 AM

BlackBerry Storm 2 Typing

Although Research In Motion (RIM) has not announced the new BlackBerry Storm 2 yet, there have been BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 and 9520's caught in the wild.

A video created by Alejandro shows just how fast typing is on the BlackBerry Storm 2 using RIM's SureType technology. Check out the video below. This type of technology really puts the iPhone's virtual keyboard to shame. Will Apple ever be able to compete with RIM's SureType technology? I hope so! They only have virtual keyboards on their iPhones/iPod Touches while RIM has both physical keyboard and virtual keyboard. Oh, and the creator of this video says that you can't turn off that annoying typing sound yet but RIM will most likely give you the option once it's actually out.

BlackBerry Storm 2 Typing Video

Kyle
September 7, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I hate blackberry storms!! Blackberry is fine but not storm. iPhone is easy and simple.

BPain
September 7, 2009 at 2:30 PM

The storm will never compare to the usage of iPhones.The iPhone has a huge app inventory,more than any phone on the market.

jchevez
September 8, 2009 at 7:27 AM

well it is true iphone has a big app inventory but the at&t network sucks, its all about the network. i have an iphone and when the new storm comes out im going back to verizon. and besides what r u all gonna do when the iphone goes to verizon. snapppppppp.

BPain
September 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM

I will unlock my phone to verizon if need be.But I have no problems with AT&T as it is now better than verizon.Cause I just switched about 6 months ago from verizon to AT&T.And it was the best decision I've ever made.

d@n13l
September 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM

This is dumb it depends on how fast you are at typing not what kind of phone you have.

anonymous
September 8, 2009 at 3:49 PM

@bpain
no u would need a cdma iphone, at&t uses a different type of network so u can't just unlock, you would need a new iphone

Joshua
September 8, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Had a Blackberry Storm.. Poorly designed piece of equipment. Yea it says it's features are superior to the iPhone unfornately it doesn't live up to that lie. On the other hand Verizon has a better 3G footprint then AT&T.

BPain
September 9, 2009 at 3:47 AM

Sorry forgot about that.Guess I would have to buy even more iPhones.I'm starting a collection of iPhones.I have like four of them now.2 3g's and 2 3gs's.

Jamie
September 9, 2009 at 6:59 AM

The first gen Storm failed badly, especially in the touchscreen department...we've already established this. The Storm 2, however, appears to utilize Piezo screen technology, which is probably the most advanced screen out there right now. This version will far surpass the original, I'm sure of it.

And sure, the iPhone has more apps, but that's because it's more of a toy than a phone. It's made to appeal more to teens, as Apple tries to shift their successes in media players (iPod) and music downloads (iTunes) to mobile devices.

According to a recent survey of adults, more intend to purchase a Blackberry over an iPhone within the next 6 months. RIM's foundation has been "business" phones, and the Storm simply incorporates cutting-edge technology into the "business" spectrum.

iPhone lovers, keep your apps. I'll take a RIM device (excluding Storm 1, of course...damn that screen) any day, thank you.

Joshua
September 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Until Rim updates there OS the Storm 1,2,3,4 ... will b a sad waste of hardware. They hve a descent setup but poor software makes the device one step from crap. Rim tried to hype the Storm 1 as a iPhone killer we see how well that failed. Here we go again this time I'm staying with iPhone. I refuse to buy the hype like before.

d@n13l
September 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

JAIME the iPhone isn't just a media and a toy it's practicly better than any other phone out. The only phones that can compete with it is the pre, the new motorola and any other phone that comes out after an iPhone. Any other phone that comes out after the iPhone copies or if not makes somethng else to compete. As long as the iPhone deva keep coming out with new ideas and firmwares the iPhone will be the best.

draken
April 28, 2010 at 8:05 AM

sorry everyone but the iphone is a toy....the phone is made to be disposable....you cant even change the damn battery??? im sorry but if you're in high school go with the iphone...but if you want to look professional and be taken seriously, get blackberry....the iphone is a fad....just like the moto razor and boy did that ship sink....hahaha...when rims 6.0 comes out in a few months it will blow away the so called iphones better os....hahaha....keep your iphones im sticking with my storm 2