Home » » Teen hurt by girlfriend's exploding iPhone

Teen hurt by girlfriend's exploding iPhone

Written By Hans Berger on Friday, August 14, 2009 | 2:32 PM

Caution: iPhone will explode soon!A teenager in Marseille, France recently suffered an eye injury due to his girlfriend's iPhone which exploded.

The French teenagers mother, Marie-Dominique Kolega said the following to AFP:
The phone began making a hissing noise and the screen suddenly broke, sending pieces flying in the air. My son was frightened but he did not lose an eye.

[via Yahoo Tech]

August 14, 2009 at 2:42 PM

What the **** ! I'm gonna hold my iPhone about a foot and a half away from me now..

August 14, 2009 at 2:44 PM

well if i had to die. at least it would be from an exploding iphone..i guess id die happy. lol. jk

David
August 14, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I'm guessing this was a badly overheated 3GS. No problems yet with my 3GS as far as overheating goes.

acidsurfr
August 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Guess i am glad i stick to using my bluetooth and or speaker phone features as often as possible.

Budzy
August 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Time for apple to put out recall notices. This is bull crap. They shouldn't be hiding this. Next thing you know it the Taliban will be using iPod touchs and iPhones as freakin hand grenades. :P if my iPod hurts me from exploding apple better give me their latest iPhone and iPod that wasn't even released or I'm gonna sue and make it public

August 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM

"Just a few weeks ago, an 11-year old girl in Britain also had a similar experience. Her iPod Touch exploded and Apple offered her a refund requiring her to sign an agreement to keep quiet about it."

WTF crap is that apple... Serly, that just bad... If a company's products are exploding and causes issue, everyone should be alerted... And now come to think of it, my phone one day did make a hissing sound and then went away... I'm lol if mine explodes :S.

lbc slayer
August 14, 2009 at 3:08 PM

ya and my iphone turned into a transformer

lbc slayer
August 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM

ya but siriously apple needs to do something about this and if my iphone starts hissing im trhowing it in the freeser

Josh
August 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM

i think this is a bunch of crap

fr33
August 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM

We should be glad that any exploding iPhone has yet been occure in our occidental and central geographic areas. Probably those iPhone had been heavily used up and overheated/overcharged by a bad power ac adapter/bad electrical current. Hopefully, that wouldn't happen to our iPhone 3g & 3gs; if we dont leave it charging all time.. Disconect some time when charge is complete and turn off when device is not in use, simple; Also if device tends to get really warm to hot, I would check on, that and see if the ac adapter is working right or if the house/room is sending right electrical current. If everything seems to be fine, but symptoms continue, check to replace the battery,it may be faulty too; If non of these check with Apple and explain them your situation, tell them your overheat problem and they surely exchange your device fearing that it would explode too and you might sue them for it; Do this exchange only if your device is really overheating, they check the device too see that you aren't lying. That would be all, goog luck to everyone, carry on!

Dj xcite
August 14, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Theres a app for everything now lmfao how to make your boyfriend die lmfao

Andy
August 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM

make sure when you know it will explode to put it on top of your gentiles

maan_27
August 14, 2009 at 8:17 PM

WOW.......some people are soo fkn plain STUPID HERE!One article which doesn't even have REAL credibility turns people against their iphones/ipods! ITS A FOOLS ATTEMPT TO DE-FAME APPLE!!!

Kyle sugden
August 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM

When apple say they are going to give you a refund if you keep quite, apple do that for all their products. When my friends mac mini broke apple sent him a letter (similar/same letter to the one described in the 11 year old girl case) saying they will give him a refund if he keeps quite.

Shane
August 15, 2009 at 5:24 AM

Iphones now banned from Airplanes.. due to exploding nature

iDev32x
August 15, 2009 at 6:18 AM

apple remote detonation! whats going to happen if you jailbreak!!!!

(maybe)

reply on maan
August 15, 2009 at 8:33 AM

yoo maan_27 respect should be represented in comments
or else im the first who will thretin u on comments that u dont deserve!!!!!!!

Joe
August 15, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I can't wait to get my hands on the new Apple iGrenade.

Nymphilis
August 15, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I have had my iPhone over heat so badly that I have burn marks on my bed...luckly my iPhone did not explode...but it makes me very cautious

Jim
August 15, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Seems like a lot of hate toward the iPhone seems like there are so many people trying to lure people away from the best phone on the market, and make some outrageous rumors up!

Emil
August 15, 2009 at 2:34 PM

All this is crap, there is nothing in the phone that will make such a temperature even if the battery get shorted!!!
Read some facts first!!

Fr33
August 15, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Well, I bet that happen, exploding Iphones, but only some, the ones that people never take care of, and also if u leave it connected all day there it will explode! I say the iphone 3g is the best cell phone ever made and non or other news about exploding phones is gonna make that change, look the positive side, the first iphone ever to explode is from that 11 year girl lol, GUNESS RECORD! to APPLE!

WOOT! iGRANADE lol , I wonder if some Russians, Iraquies/terrorist (jk) will make an app called "iExplode" that actually overheat the phone so much and then it literary explodes! lol That would be an awesome app :D

August 15, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Will Apple talk to us ?

Love iPhone Hate Apple
August 16, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Apple is the worst company in America. Love their products but back by right wing money. They don't care about who they sell to, just that they have all their money.

LON$k@
August 17, 2009 at 12:26 AM

This whole thing has been BLOWN out of proportion :)

Kevin
August 17, 2009 at 5:11 AM

Can you jailbreak the ipod touch 2g?

miwa
August 18, 2009 at 6:44 AM

I think that Steve Jobs should had not only his liver replaced, replacing his brain would be more effective.

zebracakes
August 18, 2009 at 3:19 PM

dude.. you are hilarius and look at the bright side of this. I have to say though that i can't believe this at all. I don't think it is possible for an iphone to explode. Way too much research goes into a piece of work like this. they would not put something combustible in it so you can put it near your face and hands.. I love how people have to make rumors. Whoever wrote this bs about exploding iphones or ipods is prob a microsoft employee. It is still kind of funny though.. An actual app that made your phone blow up would be some sort of terrorist attack thats for sure!

james
August 19, 2009 at 9:09 PM

u make me roflmao i mean yea i explode would be da bomb get a a da bomb jokes still idk if it is true it might of been the 3gs because i overheats i heard
and yea

puyo
August 20, 2009 at 9:29 AM

i searched for it in the app store and in ********** but i couldnt find it, can u upload it to rapidshare please??

maan_27
August 25, 2009 at 9:14 PM

ahan yea!

maan_27
August 25, 2009 at 9:23 PM

And forgot to ask, why exactly are you soo hurt by my comment? You fall under the category?
Just asking...:D

john
August 28, 2009 at 1:23 AM

apple will never care about the explode iphone, their macbook's power supply also explode since 2006, million of case on internet, my macbook's power suppply also exploded, does apple ever going to improve it? NO!

yes! i'm the proud owner of john@aol.com

john
August 28, 2009 at 1:57 AM

no way!! all they care is the profit and how to impress their stock buys, however you can email them but I can tell you they will never reply you as I did before.

stevejobs@apple.com hr@apple.com webmaster@apple.com
stevejobs@aol.com

Tyler
August 29, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Actually, the theory behind an exploding cellphone is sound... Charging a battery generally releases small amounts of hydrogen, if the battery is defective and releasing more hydrogen than usual and there's something hot enough inside the phone to ignite the hydrogen, say a bad battery contact making a small spark (Why do you think people say not to use em near a gas station? Spark + Gas fumes = boom)... Boom.... Well. more of a pop or slight snapping sound, but then again, I've no idea how much free volume is inside the phone for the gas to build up, nor do I know how well the Iphone is sealed...

You've got the theory behind it now, so do what you will with it.. If you think im wrong, form your own opinion. I dont care, this was actually too much fun to pass up.

Maclin
August 30, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Well that shuts evryone up