Home » » Apple's Find my iPhone Service Helps Owner Reclaim Stolen iPhone

Apple's Find my iPhone Service Helps Owner Reclaim Stolen iPhone

Written By Unknown on Sunday, August 30, 2009 | 10:44 AM

Yesterday a man in Pittsburgh was robbed by two men who flashed a black pellet gun and demanded the man's wallet, PIN, and iPhone. The two robbers Find My iPhone Helpstook these items and then left the victim alone.

Fortunately the victim who got robbed was smart! He had purchased Apple's MobileMe Find My iPhone service for his iPhone and had enabled it. The Find My iPhone service allowed him to track wherever his iPhone went.  He contacted the cops and with the help of the Find My iPhone service, they were able to successfully locate the thieves who stole his iPhone.

The two robbers were found at Walmart, with a third robber who was a friend of theirs and used the victims credit card to purchase items. All three were arrested. Two of the robbers will be charged with robbery, while the third one will face charges relating to using stolen credit cards.

[via WTAE Pittsburgh]

Scott
August 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM

haha they got pwnd lol

ignite88
August 30, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Haha! Pwned!

Inval1d
August 30, 2009 at 2:47 PM

no surprise here...

prostovanka
August 30, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Woot. Mobileme is awesome. IMO im surprised it took this long for a story like this to come out. Since mobile me and find myiPhone service been available for quite some time. ALSO WTF APPLE, MobileMe should be a free service that we get with iPhone purchase not another way to rip us of. But yea (great service but apple greedy corprate basterds wont giv SH!T for free)

Rob
August 30, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Lol totally agree with Andy.

August 30, 2009 at 4:53 PM

wow i live in pittsburgh pa and i kno the guy whos iphone got stolen and i kno the guys who did it but just put the pieces together as to what happened damn this is crasy

bjw
August 30, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Not typical! Your comment however is typical of a narrow-minded bigot.
I pity you.

bjw
August 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I should have also commented on the derogatory term you used. You are a mental midget without compassion if you judge people based on the color of their skin instead of the content of their hearts.
Black is beautiful! Stealing is ugly, and so is racism.

Kris
August 31, 2009 at 1:14 AM

Crying out for attention?

john
August 31, 2009 at 8:38 AM

i was going to say the same thing!

lbcslayer
August 31, 2009 at 2:33 PM

all there last name end with a r

August 31, 2009 at 3:25 PM

wow this is good service

Richmondyayarea
August 31, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Mod. You should take off the racist commrnts, younger people look at this website, they do not need to see the racist comments.

Hans
August 31, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Deleted! If I see any other racist comments I'll remove them. Please do not post anything racist or use bad language in comments.

fr33
September 1, 2009 at 11:51 AM

OMG! Wow that Apple thingy actually workS! Cool! It's so idicusly that Thos 3 man do that, I mean Obama its trying to teach paople that people like him doesn't need to be like they are and they all can be professionals and good man. Well all I say it't please people be more moral and responsable, and if you want somethinyou have, but don't have money ind a Job, and buy it, even if its refurbished and that have to buy it trough certain Legal online stores to get what you want cheaper. There's no need to steal, because there always good deals around and legal too.

NOTICE: I NEVER MEANT TO OFEND ANYBODY OR ANYONE IN TERMS OF RACE, RELIGION, SEX, OR ANY OTHER FACTOR. JUST MAKING A POINT BY MAKING A COMMENT, THANKS

Thanks!
fr33

fr33
September 1, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Ok, I understand your opinion and I accept it. Thanks for sharing those deeep emotions with me :]
lol