Home » » Apple Store Down: New iPod Touch 3rd Generation, and Mac Tablet beingadded?

Apple Store Down: New iPod Touch 3rd Generation, and Mac Tablet beingadded?

Written By Unknown on Saturday, August 29, 2009 | 4:46 PM

Apple's online Apple Store is down right now. Could this be because they're adding a new product? Could they be adding the rumored Apple Tablet, or the iPod Touch Third Generation (the one with the camera) already? I doubt it! They'll be introducing the new iPod Touch in the September 8/September 9 event.  The Apple Tablet is rumored to be launching on that date as well. We'll keep you posted if Apple adds anything new! Apple is most likely performing some maintenance at this time.

Update: The Apple Store is back up. Nothing new appears to be there, so they were probably doing a maintenance.
Apple Store Down

Jack
August 29, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I know it's the Apple Tablet!!! My friend works with Apple and told me they're adding the 8GB model today.

prostovanka
August 29, 2009 at 7:35 PM

@Jack

Its not likely. And your friend cant tell you info that they will have a product that isn't out yet. No employees know no matter how "special" they are what new toys apple releases Untill its actually anounced. They will get a brieffing a little time ahead but not a whole week before. Then again remor are good but they arent facts. (There was a good Quote in "Inglourious Basterds (2009)" about rumors)

Ray
August 30, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Notin is thee they have just added snow leopard in all the macs so it is just showin new

THE SE7EN SINS
August 30, 2009 at 2:49 AM

8GB? Uummm bullshit much. Dude this thing is going to run Mac OS X the install disk is at least 9GB so ummm 8GB xD funny! That will be lul!! You turn it on to a partly installed OS I wonder what would happen.. hmmm... Anyway no it will be at least 200GB if not more.. The new Kingston Flash drive has 130GB for around $90.00 and it's the same size as that 2GB you have in your draw.. So if Apple sell one with 8GB they are pretty dumb.

Joel
August 30, 2009 at 5:36 AM

I believe the ipod touch will definately hit the market on septemeber 8th/9th or they will show everyone it on those dates two of my reasons behind this are that the offer to get a free ipod touch with any mac that you buy ends on september the 8th and also usually the ipod line is updated in september and some above wrote that there is and event on sept 8th/9th which i believe they will reveal it there.

fr33
August 30, 2009 at 6:02 AM

LOL! Well just maintainnce! I didn't knew that cuz I'm not a freaking MAC APPLE PIE Fan! LOL, anyways, I just stick with my iPhone 3G I know 3GS it's out, is faster , better but expesive too, besides this one cost me 400 at eBay an currently I have it with AT&T GoPhone Card, no rip off montly paying fee! Apple Tablet great for fans, lame for actual normal people that realize that any pc it's better, faster and afordable too. Mac Os? Want it? Get a copy that runs on pc or use vmware an run it on any pc for development purposes. Apple is for Rich people and not so smart ppl. Why pay more for less? Because of the design, and white color?! Heh! I give props to the iphome just because it's so original as no phone, I can tell it's like having a mobile pc, only tinier an low powered. But Microsoft can do best if they release an actual cellphone, a great one with Windows Mobile Os that match the iPhone. I wonder, if the Zune HD it's going to be a better match for at least the Ipod Touch. But sure is the Iphone Sprinboard interface would better than the common list style. Not an Apple Mac Fan, just an Iphone fan and Mac OS X user under PC or VM. No offense and thanks!

August 30, 2009 at 7:11 AM

WTF is that retard talking about 8 GB tablet? WHat a fucking moron and you don't know anyone who works with Apple faggot so shut your lying ass up.

Nymphilis
August 30, 2009 at 7:17 AM

@fr33, your a moron for saying a pc runs faster then a mac, lmao!!!! Linux and osx run way faster then any windows machine, this is because both apple and the various developers of the Linux creation know how to create an os that doesn't suck resources, I'm sorry running windows xp and vista, the majority of your resources goes to keeping that most "beautiful" GUI running....as for mac osx being for the "not so smart" ppl, it's actually harder to learn how to use mac over pc, seeing that windows created a user friendly os, and mac was actually more buisness incorporated, as in a majority of companys use macs for drafting and design...oh btw, adobe...was hired by mac to create photoshop, which was on mac before pc, vmware, mac before pc, let's see, no antivirus programs, due to macs lack of viruses...and if a hole was ever found apple would release a
patch to rid that exploit...mac is more efficient over pc...and as for the rich ppl statement, unless your getting a crappy hp or semi-retarded Dell, most pc's nowadays cost just as much as a mac, except with mac you are getting everything for your money, stability, effieciency, customer service, as well as a great product, oh an btw, a apple MacBook can run windows in bootcamp on better then a pc can with the same system stats...enough said

Nymphilis
August 30, 2009 at 7:21 AM

Last thing @fr33....there is a windows mobile, it's called windows mobile 7 and a couple phones use it like the blackjack, and htc tilt....it is not as responsive as the iPhone os, and requires alot more resources to keep up with basic processes...sry Microsoft fails to compair with mac, hence why mac cost so much

August 30, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Are u kidding about the apple tablet i dont believe you.

@jack

cmack
August 30, 2009 at 8:21 AM

prostovanka... First of all, learn to spell, and maybe some grammar. If you had a Mac, it would check your spelling for you. :-)
They probably shut down the site to add the new snow leopard... duh

lizard
August 30, 2009 at 1:19 PM

You're right, I use to work for apple and you wont know anything until the box arrives at the back of the store which seems to happen right at the time of the announcement. It's crazy!

August 30, 2009 at 2:39 PM

What are you talking about? First, there is no Windows Mobile 7 yet, the latest version is 6.5 (and that version is yet to be released, there are some cooked ROMs for some devices, and that's it). Second, it is as responsive as the iPhone OS, if it's on a good device, even my old Samsung I620 is as fast as an iPhone, even though it's a Windows Mobile Smartphone (that means no touchscreen in case you didn't know), and it only has a 200MHz processor and only 64MB of ram, and it can handle multiple applications open at the same time, can switch between any of them and with practically no cost to the battery life. And before you say I didn't use an iPhone, i have an iPod Touch and a friend of mine has a 3G, I've used both of them and know how slow iPhone OS is. If you want to compare, an iPhone has a 412MHz processor and 128MB of RAM, if Windows Mobile needed more resources than iPhone OS needs, then why is my phone capable of multitasking? Or even running it? This is why I hate Apple products, not because of the products themselves (which are very good), but because of people that think everything Apple makes is superior to everything else there is. Also, you said that a Mac with the same components that another PC runs Windows even better than an HP or a Dell, that alone shows that you know nothing about the subject, and before you say anything, I've been using Windows since 14 years ago, and I've been working repairing PCs for 6 years or so. Another thing, Apple did not hire Adobe, they just simply made Illustrator for Mac OS Classic. And did you say that Mac OS is more difficult to use than (not then, there is a difference) Windows, then you either don't use Windows or are just saying whatever you come up with (I'm guessing the latter). And while I don't agree with everything fr33 said, Apple products do cost much more than others because of the design and the "exclusivity" of the brand, even if they sell less they still earn a lot of money by selling their products at a more expensive price. Sorry if the post sounds a little mixed up, wrote this in a hurry.

August 30, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I wonder if the iTouchpad will have an internal hard drive?

iTim87
August 31, 2009 at 12:28 AM

I love my iPhone!

ty
September 1, 2009 at 5:55 AM

Did anyone else notice that the price for an 8gb iPod Touch is $259.00 instead of $239.00 on the Apple site?

Sam
September 2, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Hey if they announce the ipod touch 3g on september the 8/9th does that mean they will also sell it on those days? I want to know because its my bday on the 14th and i really want one so if anyone could tell me i would be very greatful. Thanks

September 3, 2009 at 4:22 AM

I don't know if they will sell it on the 8th or 9th I mean i dont have any real proof that they will reveal a third gen on the 8th or 9th but i really think they will. You should definately buy one know they are amazing even the first gen which ive got which i bought a year ago for my 14th birthday

JMN
September 4, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Best buy gets theres on the 9th.

Justin
September 5, 2009 at 2:57 PM

No 64GB people.... Sorry.....

8GB is the going to be removed but note that the fourth generation iPod nanos asnd second generation iPdo touches will not be discontinued at all (it will be like a setup option for people who want to buy a iPod touch without the camera, extra speed, and the built-in microphone)

THe 64GB flash memory is too expensive they are based on SSDs...

The 32G bones are way cheaper to produce so they decided to drop it

But this is just leaked info we should just wait 4 days from now

I just tested it so.... (During Late August 2009)

Garbage
September 6, 2009 at 2:47 PM

um dude i just checked it, and its $239.00 dumass

ty
September 7, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I just checked and it still says $259.99 for 8gb
here's the link: http://store.apple.com/ca/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch?intcmp=AIC-WWW-NAUS-BUYNOW-HEAD-IPODTOUCH-080910

RaZrVIN
September 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Last year, Best Buy had the iPod Touch 2G's available on the day of launch.

@Justin, how were you able to test it? And, is there video recording functionality?

Brandon
September 8, 2009 at 7:26 AM

That is the Canadian price

ty
September 8, 2009 at 7:33 AM

You aren't going to reply and be like:

"Oh sorry, I guess you were right and I was wrong, and you were right, but most of all, I was wrong. I am ever so sorry. Will you ever forgive me?"

Ty
September 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Thanks for clearing that up

[...] the Apple Store is down. Just a couple hours before their September 9 announcement in the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, [...]

Therb
September 9, 2009 at 5:18 AM

Apple is only offering an 8 gb / 32 gb touch model. Just another bullshit move by apple to get customers to buy their most expensive product. I hate apple. Really. Hate them.

November 1, 2009 at 7:00 AM

BEST APPLE EVERRRRR!!!!!

Mac Genius
January 24, 2010 at 1:55 AM

If you hate them WTF R U on an Apple Rumor site for. Wanna talk about dumbasses!