Home » » iPhone OS 3.1 Beta 2 and iPhone SDK 3.1 Beta 2 is out!

iPhone OS 3.1 Beta 2 and iPhone SDK 3.1 Beta 2 is out!

Written By Hans Berger on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 | 11:03 AM

iphone 3.1 beta 2

Developers, Apple has just released iPhone 3.1 beta 2 (Build 7C106c). Head on over to the Apple Developers Central to download and try iPhone 3.1 beta 2.
iPhone SDK 3.1 beta 2 and iPhone OS 3.1 beta 2 are now available on the iPhone Dev Center. These versions are for development and testing only and should be installed on devices dedicated to iPhone OS 3.1 beta software development. Please read the iPhone OS beta Pre-Install Advisory and the iPhone SDK 3.1 beta 2 release notes before downloading and installing.

If you're using an unlocked iPhone 3G/3GS, stay away from this update. This update permanently upgrades your baseband and fixes the exploit that the ultrasn0w and purplesn0w use!

What's new in iPhone OS 3.1 beta2?

• Developers can now work on their iPhone or iPod Touch over WiFi

• Bug fixes to Xcode and various parts of the iPhone and iPod Touch software

• IPCC Tethering no longer works.

This post will be updated as more new features are discovered. If you downloaded this new update too, feel free to report any changes you find in the comments.

[Via Arstechnica]

CarlosTheJackl
July 14, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Ouch "kills" both ultra and purple...no go for me

Rashah89
July 14, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Any news on wether or not it looks like the plugged the holes for 3gS jailbreaks?

Nicolai
July 15, 2009 at 7:25 AM

That sux geohot put it out unlock/jailbreak to early
this is the consqences

NorwegianCracker96
July 15, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I have a iPhone 3G S and i upgraded to 3.1 beta 2 ,and my baseband is fucked up
so i had to use my old sony ericsson w890i as my phone
DONT UPGRADE TO 3.1 BETA 2 !!!!!!

sal
July 15, 2009 at 9:32 AM

will the 3.1 update unjailbreak my phone if I upgrade?

Anas
July 15, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I'm using 2G and my iphone registerd in developers team

can i restore to this 3.1 beta2?

will i be able to unlock it with BootNeuter?

Wolvorine4424
July 16, 2009 at 6:41 AM

I installed it on my 3G S and it works great...

Version: 3.1 (7C106c)
Baseband: 05.10.01
Carrier: AT&T 4.5

Havent found any problems yet, but I want DUN over Bluetooth.
What can I do to get Apple to Add this feature.

July 18, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I down graded to 2.1 and that is were I am going to stay.

Roxy
September 21, 2009 at 4:04 AM

Did you downgrade from 3.1 ? If YES then please let me know how you did that as I am trying but it is not working, looklike it is blocked in 3.1 . I have to use my old phone now :(

January 21, 2014 at 4:30 AM

@Anas

I suggest to unlcok you can approach Theunlockarena.com and specify the country,locked network of your iPhone 2G(iPhone).Based on the availability you can get their permanent remote unlock service.this is easier and safer compared to other unlock methods.