Home » » Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 with redsn0w

Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 with redsn0w

Written By Hans Berger on Friday, June 26, 2009 | 4:05 AM

I know many of you here are anxiously waiting for an iPhone 3.0 jailbreak!  Firstly, have you updated to iPhone OS 3.0? If you haven't already, launch iTunes and click "Check for Update" to update to the latest iPhone 3.0 release. iPod Touch users will need to pay $9.95 for this update, if you're already on iPod Touch 2.2.1 though you can download it without having to pay the $9.95 fee.

The Dev Team recently released redsn0w, at first I was not going to post it here because a lot of users have e-mailed me saying that redsn0w had bugs and it kept crashing for them. I just tried it on both Mac and PC and experienced no problem. As of right now redsn0w only works with iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1G, and iPod Touch 2G. You can jailbreak iPhone 3GS, however a jailbreak for it has not been released yet!

iPhone 3G users: iPhone 3G users, you can unlock your iPhone 3G 3.0 using ultrasn0w. ultrasn0w is Dev Team's new unlock for iPhone 3.0. Remember, don't update to future iPhone 3.0 updates without checking here first if you want to keep your 3G unlock, Apple may permanently block this unlock in their next update.

Watch the video below to see how easy it is to jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 with redsn0w (works on Windows/Mac!). Remember to subscribe to the QuickPWN YouTube channel!

How to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 Windows/Mac

Please rate and subscribe if you liked the video!

If you're having trouble downloading the firmware through iTunes, heare are the direct download links to firmware 3.0:

- Download iPhone 2G firmware 3.0 (filename: iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)

- Download iPhone 3G firmware 3.0 (filename: iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)

- Download iPod Touch 2G firmware 3.0 (filename: iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)

- Download iPod Touch 1G firmware 3.0 (filename: iPod1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw )

The new iPhone 3.0 update has 100 new features, including the following:
• Browse and download movies, TV shows and audiobooks from the iTunes Store**
• Stereo Bluetooth*
• Shake to shuffle
• New Voice Memos application*
• Cut, Copy & Paste with shake to undo
• Landscape keyboard in key applications
• Added search feature in Music, Videos, Mail, Calendar and Notes
• Spotlight search across iPod touch
• Improvements to Safari
- Performance
- HTML 5 support
- HTTP Streaming audio and video
- Auto-fill usernames and passwords
• Wi-Fi auto login
• Sync Notes with a Mac or PC via iTunes
• iTunes account creation and login**
• YouTube account login and access to subscriptions, ratings and favorites**
• More Parental Control options for Apps, Music, Movies and TV Shows
• New languages, dictionaries, and keyboards
• Enhanced Stocks application
• Support for CalDAV and subscriptions in Calendar
• Find my iPod touch and Remote Wipe via MobileMe (subscription required)**
• 1,000 new developer APIs, including:
- In App Purchases
- Apple Push Notification Service
- Accessories support
- Peer to Peer Connectivity
- Embedded Maps
- iPod Library Access
• Bug fixes

And if this was not enough to convince you to update to iPhone OS 3.0, check out our iPhone 3G S Speed test post.

Subscribe to our RSS feed for future updates. If you run in to any issues or need help, please join the QuickPWN forums and post it there instead of posting it in the comments.

June 26, 2009 at 5:02 AM

Yeah, it works)))

tq1
June 26, 2009 at 5:36 AM

Cydia still has issues with app compatibility

June 26, 2009 at 5:36 AM

so this is just a jailbreak for 3.0 not an unlock right? im currently using a 2g with 2.2.1 on t-mobile. so if i do this jailbreak i will have 3.0 software but wont be able to makes right?

Ghost82_
June 26, 2009 at 5:48 AM

It installed properly. But I keep getting errors for installing the updates on cydia. And when I click ignore for now and trying installing other stuff same thing. Errors all the way around. Any suggestions?

June 26, 2009 at 5:55 AM

yeah it works but the only problem now is i get errors when downloading anything from cydia. i tried to upgrade the complete package and thats when it happened. once that bug is fixed it will be awesome!

John remelgado
June 26, 2009 at 5:58 AM

I updated my 3g iPhone to 3.0 and when I tried jailbreaking it... It said I had an invalid ipsw any other advice you can give me?

June 26, 2009 at 6:05 AM

sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

June 26, 2009 at 6:07 AM

Can you do this on ipod touch 1g? And when will the actual update be available? I dont want to update it and have it erase ALL my jailbreak and ipod stuff...

June 26, 2009 at 6:16 AM

how do u do it on windows with itunes

Grabit
June 26, 2009 at 6:23 AM

Will this include cydia?

Answer:
Yes it will include Cydia!

Jayz
June 26, 2009 at 6:33 AM

I jailbroke my iPod touch 1g running on OS 3.0 using redsn0w 0.71 and it works

Jon
June 26, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Yea..... Cydia doesn't work on 3.0

we do have icy but we won't have winterboard or bossprefs

Lalal
June 26, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Cydia crash many Times and of u Watch à Youtube Video u have To tap more then twice To get the viedeobar on the screen

June 26, 2009 at 7:36 AM

It all talks about jailbreaking but does that include unlocking as well? I need to be able to use my TMobile SIM, etc. Does redsnow unlock as well? (prolly a dumb question just making sure)

QuickPWN
June 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

@RAMGarden reread the blog post please, go to Unlock iPhone 3G 3.0 with ultrasn0w for instructions on how to unlock.

June 26, 2009 at 7:50 AM

The community of Jailbreaks has rushed the Devteam to Jailbreak iPhone 3.0. Let them take their time and do it correctly. You will survive a couple more weeks without your fancy icons and adult apps. You rush, you get something that isn't close to perfect. Be patient people and let them do what they do. If redSnow isn't working then just chill....

June 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Which version of Itunes should I update to 3.0 I read in another thread that I should use Itunes 8.11 NOT 8.2.2 because the 8.2 will not allow you to jailbreak. Could some one please elaborate and tell me whiich version of Itunes to use? Thanks

Answer: You should update to iTunes 8.2 now and the jailbreak will work with it!

sal
June 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM

so does this mean quickpwn isn't going to come out with a jailbreak?? Because I'd rather wait for a quickpwn jailbreak instead of redsn0w. Please let us know if quickpwn isn't coming out with a 3.0 jailbreak. Thanks!

Answer: There is no quickpwn jailbreak, it's redsn0w.

l337h4l
June 26, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Redsn0w 71 & 72 work fine do not install icy it breaks the package downloads and updates. If you have an issue with cydia failing to update or install packages. Restore with iTunes and re JB but do not install ICY!!!

Seanhack
June 26, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Ok i have got redsn0w(on pc if it matters) and i have downloaded the firmware from other sites that all say the same thing for the file name. And the firmware dosnt work, like i open it up and nuthing is in the file on redsn0w. But there are about 8 files in it when i normAlly open it so i cant jailbreak it or restore it, please help. Thanks

Grabit
June 26, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Will there be an official release of quickpwn 3.0? On the homepage stands that it Will be releases soon but u anwserd Sal with: there is no quickpwn its redsn0w. Soo is there gonna be à quickpwn or not? Please let us know

June 26, 2009 at 10:03 AM

i read somewhere how to fix the cydia and Icy issue with Error #2 in this website:

i give thanks to the author
all u have to do is just jailbreak iphone (or ipod touch) normally with redsn0w installing cydia AND Icy.
then re-jailbreak it but this time uncheck Icy (i think by default it is unchecked).
i tried it on my iphone 3g

and ummmm...... i think this is obvious, but..........to make the jailbreaking work in the beginning, u have to update to 3.0 thru Itunes THEN redsn0w.

Ur Welcome,
Waseem

June 26, 2009 at 10:15 AM

When will we b able to jailbreak the new iphone 3g s

June 26, 2009 at 10:20 AM

u should get the firmware thing from Itunes
i had the same problem.
if u have an iphone this will be easier
witth an Ipod touch, search online this: "Ipod Touch .IPSW 3.0 download" (I dont have an ipod touch but an iphone)
if what u downladed says "Gold Master" in it, dont download it.

with an iphone,
connect ur iphone to Itunes. u should get a window saying something like "do want to download and Install or Download Only"
click dowload only.

u have to update ur Iphone (or ipod touch) thru Itunes by holding shift while clicking "Restore"
look for the firmware .ipsw then click it. wait till ur ipod touch (or iphone) is done restoring (it might delete everything, im not sure)
then jailbreak it thru redsn0w. make sure Check the boxes that say "cydia" and "icy"
wait till its done. then re-jailbreak it but this uncheck "icy". wait again then ur done

June 26, 2009 at 10:20 AM

i have an ipod touch 2g. you said in the description for redsn0w that you could download the 3.0 os free. How do I get the firmware?

Wkdms
June 26, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I have installed with redsnow and it works great. But remember that you have to install only one. Cydia or icy. I have installed both but i had problem to upgrade in cydia. Now it works perfect with cydia only intalled.

J_Vendetta
June 26, 2009 at 12:46 PM

This might sound dumb so I apologize but it seems that all these comment r referring to the iPhone 3G...is the iPhone edge a much simpler one to JB?

LittleG
June 26, 2009 at 1:31 PM

If your having trouble downloading stuff from cydia restore your phone and jailbreak it again but don't add instaler

June 26, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Did the jailbreak just as the video shows, with the correct ipsw and itunes version, and it says my phone is now in restore mode. anyone have any idea what i did wrong?

June 26, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Ive realized that when you jailbreak with redsn0w it eats up your hard disk memory because when I jailbroke my ipod using Quickfreedom I had 340mb of hard disk space but redsn0w leaves me with about 60mb. So i think that if you restore with a cudtom ipsw then you will still have about 300 mb of hard disk

(addon to my 1st comment) is this true quickpwn? Because my memory is bad (38mb) im waiting for bosstool to be compatible with 3.0

June 26, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Firmware 3.0 is available peer to peer connection? how does it work? how about the Inter tethering? i've already upgraded my iphone 3G to firmware 3.0 but i cant find Internet Tethering. anyone can tell me how to show Internet Tethering?

June 26, 2009 at 4:37 PM

If you ssh or open ifile app or what ever you use to look at files on your ipod if you go to /etc/bluetool on 3.0 firmware you will notice that there are boot scripts and etc. For ipod3,1!! Is apple coming out with an ipod touch 3g????!!! ( hint: iphone 2g is iphone1,1 iphone 3g is iphone1,2 iphone 3gs is iphone2,1 ipod touch 1g is ipod1,1 ipod 2g is ipod2,1 so i guess ipod touch 3rd gen is ipod3,1.) i hope this isnt a trick by apple which i highly doubt. It seems like the ipod touch 3 gen will come out before firmware 4.0. I found the boot scripts in /etc/bluetool using my ipod touch 2g and ifile app. Check if you can find it!!

Ammo

sal
June 26, 2009 at 9:04 PM

So is there gonna be a quickpwn jailbreak or not? I'm not asking about redsn0w I'm asking about quickpwn 3.0 jailbreak??

hackedup
June 27, 2009 at 1:42 AM

After jailbreaking with redsn0w, fontswap not working. Has this happened to anyone else?

June 27, 2009 at 4:27 AM

i downloaded redsn0w and the 3.0 software without a problem, but in redsn0w when i hit "browse" the ipsw file shows up as a folder and wont process. pls help.

Serge
June 27, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Hi guys. I jailbroke my iPhone 3G with redsn0w. Cydia gave me the error message but I run redsn0w again and it fixed it. I downloaded ultrasn0w to unlock it and it worked beautifully. I have my tmobile sim card in it now, works perfectly. I even set up the mms feat. and it works fine. The only problem I have now is that my iPhone is very slow. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? It will be greatly appreciate it. Thank again.

Hey guys, is me again. I forgot to mention on my last post, besides the iPhone being slow, my battery drains very quickly as well. I fully charged it @ 1pm, it's 7:30pm and the battery is low already. I have the push off (it doesn't work anyway), wifi off, received no calls; and the phone was in standby all this time. Any ideas to what I cam do to fix both issues?

kneegrowbboy
June 27, 2009 at 10:35 AM

hackedup said:
Jun 27th @ 08:42 am

Same thing happened to me when I used the Pwnage Tool. I'm gonna try to redo and not install Icy this time.

jim
June 27, 2009 at 12:00 PM

is there a quickpwn jailbreak rather than redsn0w??? i made a mistake coz i installed both cydia and icy. it keeps crashing...
i did this jailbreaking using the redsn0w, why the livecliq is not working? any1 help me?

l337h4l
June 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM

It is best to use the offical apple 3.0 ipsw many one floating around on the net are modified FW that have added issues like unlocks like yellowsn0w which does not work. I will say it again redsn0w with NO ICY INSTALL. There are many issues with packages like winterboard themes that must be rewritten for 3.0 FW fonts and icons may not change. Try dockflow for 3.0. If you have issues with icons like MMS and contacts.

June 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM

There is no quickpwn jailbreak 3.0, it’s redsn0w.

kneegrowbboy
June 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Quick question. When you guys jailbroke 3.0, did you get the MMS Icon? I didn't, I'm on AT&T and the MMS isn't surposed to work yet but I at least thought I'd still see the icon for it. Again I used the 3.0 pwnage tool and downloaded the original 3.0 firmware through iTunes. Anyone else got this prob?

lvl003noob
June 29, 2009 at 2:53 PM

If you jailbreak will it let you sync with iTunes 8.2?!

Praveen
June 29, 2009 at 11:52 PM

i done the same and it's working

alex
June 30, 2009 at 1:41 AM

i have updated to 3.0 but how to i jailbreak using redsn0w im stuck

Tanas
June 30, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Redsn0w has an issue jailbreaking on a windows vista 64bit pro. I have tried everything from running in comparability mode and running as administrator but to no avail. Is there going to be a fix for this at all?

Patar49
June 30, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Cydia crashes 4 me

maximo99
June 30, 2009 at 4:10 AM

lvl003noob I think it will cause I synced mine and it worked and for Patar49 you have to jailbreak the jailbroking phone, so what I mean is that you have to jailbreak your phone again but this time dont add icey just cydia but just in case it confused you if you jailbroke your phone already leave that way and run redsn0w and dont add icey this time it will work.

sospechator
June 30, 2009 at 5:22 AM

does redsn0w 0.7.2 works with iTunes 8.2???

maximo99
June 30, 2009 at 5:26 AM

alex download the 3.0 software from quickpwn site you will find it under the section of jailbreaking with redsn0w save it to desktop or somewhere with quick access then run redsn0w and click browse and pick the 3.0 software.

maximo99
June 30, 2009 at 5:28 AM

June 30, 2009 at 10:59 AM

my ipod touch 1st gen. is unlocked. my question is if i update it to the 3.0 os will i loose all my winterboard features?

Thad
June 30, 2009 at 12:09 PM

When I open up redsnOw and go to browse and click on the iphone 3g 3.0 firmware it goes to a fseventsd and a firmware file that leads me no where. What should I do?

paqz
June 30, 2009 at 12:15 PM

i upgrade my iphone 3g to 3.0 my mms is not working and my tethering is not working what should i do...

Gar
June 30, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Im out of the country for the summer.. will updating to 3.0 and jailbreaking affect yellowsn0w

Gar
June 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM

att isnt ready for mms yet..

Praveen
June 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

yes you can sync with iTunes 8.2

Daisuke
June 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM

the mms and tethering functions arent available till AT&T decide on pricing issues if you read about the update on apples site it says the tethering and mms support will be available by end of summer prolly gonna be about 70$ a month added fees though lol....just jailbreak your iphone and download pdanet through cydia....and if you wanna send pics now go to the app store and download Quip its only .99 cents and works great.

July 1, 2009 at 2:03 AM

i want to know where can i download the redsnow software....

Malcum
July 1, 2009 at 4:48 AM

Help, please. I've downloaded redsn0w and when I run the .exe, I have to brose and locate my currently firmware. Where do i find/locate it??

Brian
July 1, 2009 at 5:37 AM

i have a jailbroken itouch 2g with 2.2.1 firmware...
im going to 3.0 today and im just curious will i lose all dat i dwnload in cydia like d themes.....

paqz
July 1, 2009 at 1:58 PM

when i jailbroke my iphone i dont see my camera icon on my message and i dont see my option for tethering... is there going to be another update to get those option. or i jailbroke my phone wrong pls help thanx

Phil
July 2, 2009 at 4:50 AM

Just to update, no downgrade, all is well. I was unsuccesfull at downgrading the firmware. I woke up, and now it just works, pretty weird.

Roberts
July 2, 2009 at 4:58 AM

So many of the same exact questions over and over. Take the time to read all the posts and maybe you'll find your answer. If you don't know where to find a file after you have downloaded it, maybe you shouldn't b attempting to unlock your iPhone with the proper knowledge. IMO

S Liu
July 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I've jailbroke my iPhone 3GS OS 3.0 via the YouTube tutorial. Cydia is working fine until i've installed thing the required "SpringBoard" or "winterboad". My iPone will freeze and won't restart.

Does any one have this problem? Or know of a fix?

Ted
July 8, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Jailbroke my iPhone with refsn0w. Everyhing works fine EXCEPT YouTube!!! Help!!!

Jake
July 10, 2009 at 7:59 AM

Ted, Just download MxTube.

Kasper
July 10, 2009 at 10:19 AM

hello,
I have just updated my iphone (2g) to the firmware 3.0.
and I am trying right now to jailbreak and unlock it with redsn0w
everythings work fine until it's stuck at : please wait while your device is being jailbroken - waiting for reboot.
it's not reboot , my iphone is just black screen, and nothing is happing ?

can someone help me with that problem please !

Maz
July 10, 2009 at 10:38 AM

try to re jail break your fone and make sure to back it up with itunes. good luck

Juan
July 10, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Can somebody help me !!!
When im restoring my itunes with the 3.0 firmware it gives me an error #10 What is it??how can I fix it?

Eric
July 11, 2009 at 5:13 AM

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! i had a 3g jailbroken/unlocked and forgot the passcode. it locked the phone up from too many failed attempts. I plugged it into itunes and it updated the firmware to 3.0 and then i tried to restore it and it wont reconize the sim card because its not valid(tmobile). I am now stuck with a bricked phone and all that comes up is the itunes plug graphic. i have tried to jailbreak it using redsnow numerous times but keep getting an error, either error 10 or error 13. i know there is someway to reactivate and restore this without an ATT sim card..please someone help..

email efrentzen@ymail.com

Jonathan
July 11, 2009 at 6:57 AM

The same thing has happened to me... Yeah, if anyone knows how to fix this problem that would be great. Thanks!

gman
July 11, 2009 at 10:29 AM

just restore it using itunes

Andre
July 12, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Well i updated my Itouch 2G to 3.0 it works fine then i jailbrake it it also works fine but after i sync it with Itunes somethin happens to my Itouch it doesnt let me watch Vidoes on Youtube web the vidoe icons are just blank any ideas? its the newest Itunes maybe thats the cause?

Andre
July 12, 2009 at 9:05 AM

NVM my post above i found the solution if people cant watch videos on Youtube web check 2 of the following 1) did u use bossPrefs to turn Youtube app on your Iphone/Itouch off 2) if u used Categories app to put it in the different folder. Just leave the app like it was.

Andre
July 12, 2009 at 9:14 AM

By leave it like it was i mean just dont do anythin to it and make sure it is like it was when u first got ur Itouch/iphone

July 13, 2009 at 3:17 AM

I'm totally lost.
I followed the directions (connected iphone and ran itunes) but when I try to 'browse' for an IPSW file there's nothing like that on my macs hard drive.
Anybody know where it is?

nevermind.... stupid friggin spotlight search... never works.

Breckco
July 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM

YAY!!!!!!!! After a million and 1 attempts i did it and its soo worth it! just follow directions!

Dion
July 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM

i have jailbroken my iphone 3G from 3.0....but one thing is bothering me. when i'm on safari on wi-fi, i cant watch videos from websites!?!?!?
Can anyone help me?

papous
July 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM

i thought V.3.0 will have camcorder...am i wrong? :P

Ceph
July 17, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Why does the firmware keep downloading as a zip file... and i can't find the firmware that itunes downloads automatically..... please help!

July 19, 2009 at 12:08 AM

The first generatrion have a virus of steve job

Tom
July 27, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Ok, here is how to do it step by step. Some of the instructions are not too clear along the way:

1) Download the firmware with one of the links above, BUT be aware that this download is in the form of a .zip file. Once you have downloaded the zip file you must rename the file extension from a zip file to .ipsw
2) How to rename the file extension from zip to ipsw? In Vista, go to the folder where the file is located, select "organize" from menu bar, then "folder and search options", then click on the "view" button, then UNCHECK "hide extensiosn for known file types". After you click ok, select rename and change the extension .zip to .ipsw
3) launch redsn0w-win
4) Browse to the folder where the .zip file you downloaded from the link and renamed to .ipsw. Select the .ipsw file
5) Then just follow the instructions of the software.....

That's it!!!!

harry
July 28, 2009 at 3:24 AM

i have an iPhone 3g which was jailbroken at 2.2.1, and i updated to 3.0 without uninstalling the jailbreak. so now i have a problem. a bunch of my apps are hidden because i had them hidden using boss prefs. any way to fix that?

gurvinder
July 28, 2009 at 5:51 AM

hi iam trying ilock iphone2g. but when i it browse file i downloded wont show.

ariel
July 28, 2009 at 6:08 AM

i want to know if this jailbreak works in itunes 8.2 or in 8.1.1?

Waterboy
July 28, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I'm having a similar problem - I follow the instructions to the letter, and the iPhone never reboots. I've restored from iTunes and tried it again several times now, but I can't make it work. I'm using the right firmware, 3.0 and everything, and I just can't figure out what's wrong. Any ideas?

July 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM

“Waiting for reboot” ISSUE!

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!

During “Waiting for reboot” i pugged off the connector and plugged it in again after one second, then a white screen and after that flashing progress and logo appeared.

I hope this will be helpful to someone!

Zee
July 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM

You are my hero!!! Thanks for the tip.

Mario
July 31, 2009 at 12:00 PM

THANKS!! this really helped!

July 31, 2009 at 12:32 PM

that worked for me too. thanks Gonzalo

X0911
July 31, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Does anyone still have problems with Cydia?

Slu
July 31, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Worked for me to. 3G Upgraded to 3.0.1.

Ronbo
July 31, 2009 at 10:26 PM

What am I doing wrong?

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS.

First I used iTunes to upgrade to 3.0.1. That basically restored the iPhone back to its original settings.

Next I downloaded the 3GS 3.0 firmware from above link. Also downloaded Redsnow.

Through Redsnow I went through the first step, browsing for the correct .ipsw file. It found it. Problem is, I got an error message saying UNABLE TO RECOGNIZE SPECIFIED IPSW.

Now I used Firefox to download the file so I know it downloaded correctly. The .ipsw file is a cube file residing on my desktop.

Any suggestions?

Thomas_SFO
August 1, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Still have problems with Cydia and Wifi

ERock
August 1, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Unpligging it and plugging it back in did the trick for me too! Thanks!! On my way to 3.0.1!

Strato
August 1, 2009 at 6:33 AM

Tom:

THank you for explaining that....I was hitting my head against the wall on that one

Shorty
August 1, 2009 at 3:48 PM

it works!!!

kamal
August 2, 2009 at 5:29 AM

is it possible to buy apps and download apps from apps application after jailbreaking ?

Shandoo
August 2, 2009 at 10:48 AM

UGHH the unplugging and plugging back in didnt work for me. IVE BEEN PULLING MY HAIR OUT FOR THE LAST 2 AND A HALF HOURSS :'( someone helpp mee

sam
August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

everytime i downlaod ipsw it decompresses itself automatically and turns into a folder full of files can anyone help? plz

Aaron
August 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Works great and winterboard is fine! YES

Stanley
August 3, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Everything worked well. I was able to unlock and jailbreak to 3.0 on my iPhone 2G using redsnow. However, it has error message when I tried restore my iPhone using the backup data. Should I upgrade my current iTune 8.2.0 to iTune 8.2.1?

Thanks!

MIKE_R
August 5, 2009 at 9:14 AM

My iphone 3G 2.2 is jailbroken now and have alot of apps for it; I guess my question would be will the update OS 3.0 jailbroken iphone will still be able to use those apps? Please let me know been waiting long for update to 3.0. Thanks

dr637r
August 5, 2009 at 11:22 AM

same here! help!!!!!!!!

AndyH
August 5, 2009 at 5:29 PM

I've upgraded to 3.0 on a iPhone 2G. It was unlocked before and I was using a Orange sim card. I can run redsn0w and have the options “install Cydia”, but no unlock option.I can run the whole of redsn0w, but it just stops at the last reboot screen and the iPhone screen will ask for the phone to be activated. I'm not with O2 so I'm a bit stuck at the moment!!!!

Paul
August 6, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I jailbroke my iPhone 3G, choosing only the 'install Cydia' option, but time after time, only Icy gets installed. I never get the Cydia icon, to eventually open ultrasnow (to unlock my iPhone). What should I do? I've tried to clear my iPhone and reinstall redsn0w four times now, but it never seems so install Cydia.

Elli
August 11, 2009 at 6:48 AM

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G 3.0 (jailbroke with redsn0w), and when I try to connect it to my computer, iTunes nor iPhoto senses the phone. Any ideas about that?

SDDSA
August 11, 2009 at 9:52 AM

YUP :D

August 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM

thank you 1000000000000 X it is reallyyyyy works
bravooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ben

iPOD user
August 13, 2009 at 6:38 AM

I have an iPod 2nd gen, updated to 3.0, is there a jailbreak that will work for me? ITunes says there is no update for iPod, I don't have an iPhone, would an iPhone jailbreak work for my iPod?

Anomonous
August 14, 2009 at 3:14 AM

Try doing it when your sim card is in your phone.

Marvin
August 18, 2009 at 6:12 AM

if you are having problem with the decompresion of the folder, just change it to .ipsw and it will work!!!!!!!!

starbuk95
August 19, 2009 at 12:21 AM

I can't get redsn0w to work. I use T-mobile sim and after upgrading to 3.0 I get a message that my sim card is unsupported. I tried running redsn0w but nothing happens. The redsn0w file is only 2kb. How does that work? HELP PLEASE!!!

LilSnoop40
August 19, 2009 at 4:51 AM

when i try to flash my itouch i am having this issue http://img34.imageshack.us/i/36580442.jpg/ redsn0w just freezes up any ideas. i was on 2.2.1 upgraded to 3.0 when i run redsn0w you see what happens by looking at the image i posted

kelly
August 20, 2009 at 1:46 PM

ive been working on jailbreaking my 32gb 2g itouch for 4 days straight. everytime i try to put it in dfu mode a error comes up saying no device detected. ive been looking for other people that have had my the same problem but cant. please help im about to throw it through my computer!!!

Fiz
August 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM

its not working!
i am on windows vista and i follow through the steps everything is fine until i click finish and i restart my ipod by pressing the power button. when it restarts cydia is not even there! anyone help me?

Will
August 20, 2009 at 5:05 PM

When I download the 3.0 software a message pops up and the softwares not in the folder. I had 3.0 before but deleted it because my computer became very slow.

Can somebody give me a website where I can download 3.0?

Email: flymanSClass@yahoo.com

jeff
August 21, 2009 at 2:16 AM

kelly, I have the exact same issue. Cannot enter dfu mode!!! I follow the steps precisely but it doesn't work. I tried varying the timing of the button presses/releases... redsn0w just keeps saying "no device detected" when the countdown reaches 0, then accuses me of not understanding the instructions, lol.
Anyway, please help!!!!

enkidu
August 23, 2009 at 7:21 AM

Want to jailbreak my 3G running 3.0. Will jailbreaking with redsn0w wipe the files on my iPhone? I am going to try to retrieve some deleted files once my iPhone is free, so I don't want to use the Restore option. Am I outta luck?

thx!

azam
August 24, 2009 at 12:54 AM

i m looking for website where i can download ipod 3.0 jail broken i will be very thank ful

jpjplx
August 24, 2009 at 6:53 AM

my iphone 3g is jailbroken now but i don't have cydia!! how can i download cydia?? i wanna download it from web i'm so confused i'm trying to find it for 3 hours!!!!
PLS HEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!

tom
August 27, 2009 at 12:11 PM

freezed up after uploading stage 2, at waiting for reboot screen. What is the cause of this? I tried 20 times. I'm sure i'm in DFU mode. can anybody help? thanks

Kim
August 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM

jailbreak your phone again , but only clock cydia , that should help :)

chris
August 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Help i'm stuck on the 2nd reboot and willn't go past that.i've try unplug n replug the cable nothing.

Bobby
September 2, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Ok, i tried this for hours, and it just kept getting stuck at the rebooting screen! i unplugged cable quickly and connect again...NOTHING!!!! Then to make matters worst, my PC crashed!!! So, smart me went to another PC, download the files again, same results! now both PC's crashed!!!! so now i'm stuck with 2 broken PCs and still no jailbroken iPhones!!! HELP PLEASE!!!

Bobby
September 2, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Why is this crashing PC's?

jsadl
September 2, 2009 at 6:58 PM

same y is this also can not find solution using a mac

Peter
September 3, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I need some help! i am trying to jailbreak my stock iphone running on the lastest 3.0.1 version that i got from itunes. So today i downloaded redsnow 0.8 for windows. also downloaded iphone 1,2_3.0_7A341_restore but when i click on redsnow and browse for the firmware it cannot find it like wtf?. Quickpwn jailbreak was a lot easier to use please bring it back!. Any suggestions or if you know of a solution please help i want my iphone jailbroken again.

alitiswas
September 4, 2009 at 12:25 AM

i have downloaded firmware files but they are not ipsw files and redsnow does not recognise them.what do i do

JwinstonR
September 8, 2009 at 4:57 AM

Im currently trying to jailbreak my iphone, but am having serious issues.. I cant seem to open the files, FML! Some1 help pleaseeeeee!!!!

marcio
September 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM

same here

Peter
September 26, 2009 at 3:41 AM

Couple of hints:

1. ipsw files, do a serch via google, find the location in your computer, xp or vista.

2. if you iphone hangs during the process, make sure you have the correct firmware for you iphone, 2g or 3g.

thankx,

peter

xue yang
September 27, 2009 at 6:24 AM

how do i download iphone 3g 3.0 firmware for a lab top?
please help!!!!

Kyle
September 28, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Im using iphone 2G ver 2.2... I immediately went into the setup and everything completed but it got stuck on the cartoon of steve jobs. Itunes doesn recognise the iphone and neither does the computer but for some reason I was able to do the update over and over and it still doesn work. Although in redsnow i was given the option of cydia, icy and unlock..should all these options be available??

September 28, 2009 at 5:32 PM

one question, can u download the iphone 3.0 firmware and use it on the ipod touch (using redsn0w), or wont it work?.
idk, im newb , i need ur help XD

tyler
October 3, 2009 at 1:47 AM

ok, i'm gonna start from the beginning...

i have an iphone 3G 8gb. i bought it in the USA. i am now living in madrid. i am trying to unlock my phone so i can use it with a prepaid sim card.

i downloaded redsn0w and tried this method... the first few times i tried jailbreaking, my phone would always freeze at the last stage (with the pic of the harddrive). when i used redsn0w the first few times, i had the exact same screen shots that are shown on this website, to put the device in DFU mode... anyway, i just shut my phone off and turned it back on and i had cydia on my apps page. i tried using it, but it keeps saying i don't have an internet connection. the thing is, i am connected to my wifi. it is just not working... i messed with this problem for the last three hours, and i still can't figure it out. so i decided to try restoring my phone to original factory everything, and starting over...

so, i restored my phone so that it was like a brand new iphone out of the box.. then i tried using redsn0w again... but now, when i get to the section where i need to put my phone into DFU mode, it now tells me to disconnect my phone from my computer, then to turn off the phone, and once the phone is completely off, to hold the home button while plugging the usb cable back into the phone. this seemed to work (i don't know why it changed, because it's the same redsn0w that i used before) and it started the jailbreaking process... but then, my phone's screen just turns black (but the black where you can still tell it's on), and it never goes past this screen... i have to hold to power and home button to get it to turn on... and cydia doesn't show up on my screen.

basically i feel like i have tried every single option out there, i have read every single post, etc on how to fix/make this work/unlock/etc. and i still haven't been able to do it. i've literally been sitting at my computer since 11 am.. it's not 10 min until 5 pm. someone please!!!! help me!!!!

thanks!

a. rod
October 14, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I have a locked phone from rogers wireless Canada. I don't think this application works if the phone is still locked. This is just to open it when the sim from the network is in. Because I saw some videos on youtube, but the phone is not open it says Emergency calls only. HELLLLLPPPP!!! Most of the videos on youtube have the spring board showing... I'm looking for a real unlock...

stathis
October 24, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I have a locked phone 2g 8gigs from UK. I don’t think this application works if the phone is still locked. This is just to open it when the sim from the network is in. Because I saw some videos on youtube, but the phone is not open it says Emergency calls only. HELLLLLPPPP!!! Most of the videos on youtube have the spring board showing… I’m looking for a real unlock… If there is any free suggestion please write or pm to me.

alpear
October 26, 2009 at 12:47 AM

it continues to stop at Waiting to reboot. I have an iphone 3g with 3.0.1 os. I've tried redsn0w 7.2 and now 8 and it does the same. I'm restoring it again for the third time now.

aadii
October 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM

how can i unlock ma iphone i broght it by uk plzzz helpppppppp meeeeeeee

Asim
October 31, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Worked like a charm...........
Thanks

david
November 2, 2009 at 4:15 PM

my iphone 3g 3.0 has suddenly lost wifi and wifi adress. it appears to have grayed out. i restored it and used redsnow. but after using it the wifi issue was still there and worse the carrier was also grayed out. what should I do! please help!

ura chehebar
November 2, 2009 at 9:17 PM

still waiting the reboot.... how could i jailbrak my ipod touch 1G ? i did exactly what i am supposed to do. everithing was ok until rebooting.... but nothing else happens...
please help.

V
November 6, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Can I Please Get Some Help with my problem. I bought my iphone for $5 dollars form a friend who thought it was permanently water damaged. i fixed it with spraying compressed air into the headphone jack and the connecter. It worked!!! I didn't want to wait to get it unlocked for 50 at the local mall. So i tred to do it myself. I was using software 2.2.1. I followed all the steps above and it froze at Downloading Jail-breaking Data (on the iphone itself), even though redsn0w said it was complete.

I reboted the iphone and it got stuck on the itunes and usb plug in screen. It told me i needed to restore the Iphone and download the upgrade. It downloaded it and tried to install but now states that there was a error: The Iphone "IPhone" could not be restored. An unkown error occurred (21).

My Iphone is now on a blank white screen and i have no idea what is wrong or how to fix. Please sombody help me. I got this for $5 and was so happy i fixed it.

bunkermonkeyv@yahooo.com you could reach me there or ill keep checking here

thanks

Aapo K
November 14, 2009 at 9:29 PM

lol I also bought a waterdamaged iphone from my friend and i have the same prob.

January 5, 2010 at 9:11 PM

i am stumped!! i make it all the way to the end [where the phone reboots after downloading] and the cydia app doesn't appear. what am i doing wrong?? i have done this process 4-5 times now :[ help me please?!

xo - andrea

James
February 8, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I've followed the procedure for jail breaking iphone 3G v.3.1.3 I downloaded the firmware required - got through all the steps ok - it started loading all the software and now it's just a black screen with apple logo - I can't even turn the phone off - so near & yet so far - someone please help - I tunes is not even recognising the phone. Thank you. James