Home » » Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.0 with purplera1n

Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.0 with purplera1n

Written By Unknown on Friday, June 26, 2009 | 8:13 AM

Do you want to jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.0? You can jailbreak it with either redsn0w or purplera1n, but purplera1n is the easiest jailbreak software to use for the iPhone 3GS. Read on for a step-by-step tutorial on how to use purplera1n.

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for anything that happens to your iPhone 3GS as a result of using this software. Jailbreaking your iPhone 3GS will void your warranty.

purplera1n RC 2 will only work on the iPhone 3GS 3.0 firmware!

First download the purplera1n RC2 software for either Windows or Mac from here.

1. Open the purplera1n program

2. Click the "Make it Ra1n" button

purplera1n - Make it Ra1n

3. The purplera1n window will have a "Waiting for iPhone" message. Your iPhone 3GS will go in to recovery mode and you will notice a picture of Geohot next to an iPhone 3GS. purplera1n is working in the background. Once your iPhone 3GS is successfully jailbroken you will see a "Done! Wait..." message in the purplera1n window. Your iPhone 3GS will reboot and you should see an icon on your iPhone 3GS springboard that says "Freeze".

purplera1n - Waiting for iPhone

4. Tap the Freeze icon to launch the Freeze app. The Freeze app will allow you to download and install Cydia. Tap the "Install Cydia" button to install Cydia. Make sure you have internet connection!

Freeze App

5. Your iPhone 3GS is now downloading the Cydia application, once the download is complete you will need to reboot your iPhone 3GS.

Cydia Install - Finished!

6. After you've successfully downloaded the Cydia application and rebooted your iPhone 3GS, you should see the Cydia icon on your SpringBoard.

July 24, 2009 at 8:28 AM

[...] Go to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.0 with purplera1n for a step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS. Its [...]

omen556
August 3, 2009 at 8:40 AM

great job, everything worked perfectly

Chris
August 5, 2009 at 6:39 PM

mine ddnt work so well ...it only stays to the picture of Geohot after that it just freezes ...

August 7, 2009 at 12:58 AM

quite easy. Great Job!!

Kathy Goodman
August 7, 2009 at 2:33 AM

me too. did you get any help?

Kathy Goodman
August 7, 2009 at 2:33 AM

I have tried every which way but loose and I can't jailbreak my 3.0.1 3gs. When I use Purplera1n it gets to the done...waiting and then nothing. I've tried to downloand redsn0w but that doesn't work. I need help, pleeze. Anybody?

August 11, 2009 at 7:30 AM

Did you do redsnow or purplera1n? What saftware do I download first?

PIta
August 13, 2009 at 7:45 AM

my 3gs iphone is doin the same thing as pretty much everyone here itll start up the upload, and finish. then it freezes on the screen with Geohot as stated, but that’s where it stops it doesnt restart or reboot someone help! pls, I'm using the purplera1n software.

Devz3gS
August 14, 2009 at 2:20 PM

purple ra1n is the shit!! I just did it on my brand new out the box white 32 w/o issue.. Thanks!!

3G Man
August 25, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Can purlera1n work with 3G? is it only for 3GS?

Jake
September 1, 2009 at 6:04 AM

how long does cydia take to download???