Home » » iPhone 3G S

iPhone 3G S

Written By Hans Berger on Monday, June 8, 2009 | 7:14 AM

iPhone 3G S

Today Apple announced the new iPhone 3G S in WWDC 2009. The S in iPhone 3G S stands for speed. The new iPhone 3G S is the fastest iPhone yet, as the banner on Apple's website says. The iPhone 3G S will have options of either black or white and it will also come in 16GB or 32GB. QuickPWN.com will be launching a contest where you can win a free iPhone 3G S,  scroll down below for details.

One of the most important improvements to this new iPhone however is that the battery life has improved. Apple claims that the iPhone 3G S will get 9 hours of web surfing now when on WiFi — that’s up from 6 hours on the current iPhone. 3G talk time will be the same 5 hours now though.

iPhone 3G S features

• 3 Megapixels Camera & Video recording support: Includes autofocus and video recording. Autofocus lets you tap any part of the photo you want to focus on and it automatically focuses on it. The iPhone 3GS camera also supports video recording.

• Improved battery life: The iPhone 3G S will now get 9 hours of web surfing when it's on WiFi (that's 3 more hours than the original iPhone 3G).

• Voice Control: You can say things like “Call Bob Joe” — if there were is more than one entry it will ask which one you want. You can also say “play The Killers” or any other movie/audio you want to play. You can also ask “What’s playing now” or say “Play more songs like this” and a genius playlist will be created. You also have new accessibility options on the iPhone 3G S including VoiceOver for content and controls zooming, color inversion, mono audio, and more.

• Compass:  The digital Compass app shows your orientation, integration with Maps — if you double click the map  reorientates itself.

• Cut, copy, and paste

• Messages

• Spotlight search

• Landscape keyboad

• Voice memos

iPhone 3G S release date

The iPhone 3G S release date is on June 19th for the US and July 7th to the rest of the world.

iPhone 3G S Commercials

Win a free iPhone 3G S

QuickPWN.com will be launching a contest and giving free iPhone 3G S. There will be more than one free iPhone 3G S given away. More contest details will be announced later today. To get a headstart, bookmark this page, follow @QuickPWN on Twitter, subscribe to QuickPwn YouTube channel and keep checking back for details and updates.

[via Tech Crunch and Yahoo]

June 8, 2009 at 7:34 AM

I am so excited about the 3GS and can barely sit still. The auto-focus and point focus is awesome. I hope the Pre enjoyed its weekend of fame because the iPhone just blew it out of the water!!!!

Zimo007
June 8, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Congratulations to all of ua, I was following the news word by word;-)

June 8, 2009 at 7:42 AM

wow, a 32G iphone and speed improvement....nice...i want one...

June 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Yipppe my mom just bought one last week and Im going to take hers back and give her mine...Mine is also new but had to trade in due to button broke. Bought mine last year.

June 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM

please release the 3.0 unlock as soon as you guys can! i really wanna update to 3.0!!! maybe even get the 3GS

Moses Byrd
June 8, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Damn... Gotta get it. Hope I win this contest cause im to broke to buy one . LOL

jose Martinez
June 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Yez,,,yes 3GS...I want one...yežžž y viva Mexico cabrines...!!

Rob
June 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Wwwwwwooooooow...... Its only SLIGHTLY better than the 3g man big ***** woop!! You fanboy gimps need to get a grip nan -.-' "so excited" is a lil sad too! Think ill stick with my 3g thanks

Hellion
June 8, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Yes I totally need one of these before I head to afghan fir a year! 32gb perfect for my needs.

Leon
June 8, 2009 at 2:49 PM

The only problem I see is at&t's greedy stantz, it'llm

cost you $699 for a 32 gig system if you
Signed a 2 year contract last year when we got

L

Ok 3G. When will be be able to change carriers?? No more 2 year AT&T contracts for me. I hate those pricks.

Victorinox
June 8, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I just got 3g 40 days ago. How i can upgrade. Damn att.

June 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM

dont get ur hopes up everyone current iphone users:
the update for the 3.0 doesnt have the video or the 3 megapixels for the camera
thats only the 3gS and to upgrade one its $499 for a 8g
so its not fair that we current iphone users get cheaped out

Victorinox
June 9, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Is S going to be jailbreakable? Cause if not i don't need it

June 10, 2009 at 9:28 AM

does living in puerto rico count as united states? XD

June 12, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I can't believe apple added the video cam feature

June 14, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Its a ploy by Apple to sell more iPhones. purposely left out video cam so they can include it in the "s" model. Now I don't know what apple has left for iphones. Except change the look or slightly bigger screen.

Zohan
June 15, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I'm looking forward to the release ! I want one. I'm just pissed because I spent all this money for a 3g and now their coming out with the 3gs. I'm building up a phone collection here.

January 7, 2010 at 10:12 PM

i want to have one of that iphone 3g s i really really really do want one . can you give me some for free ?

January 7, 2010 at 10:17 PM

if you do want to give some black colored iphone 3g s just send it to philippines & send it to this adress .

172 talavera st. takungan pililla, rizal .

remember this . i really want to have an iphone 3g s .

January 7, 2010 at 10:27 PM

if you have a google earth in your computer just type that adress .