Home » » Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 5

Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 5

Written By Hans Berger on Saturday, May 9, 2009 | 4:24 PM

iPhone OS 3.0 beta 5 software build 7a312G was released to developers only a week after the release of the 4th beta. Usually Apple releases beta firmware in 2 weeks, but this time they released the beta very early. Could this mean we are getting closer to the final release of iPhone OS 3.0? The iPhone Dev Team believes that we are half way there and they state that the iPhone OS 3.0 can always be jailbroken and Apple can only change that by changing their hardware. Ever since iPhone OS 3.0 beta 1 was released, there has always been a jailbreak released for each and every update by santtiaga from iPhoneApps.ru. One thing many jailbreakers may have missed during the beta jailbreaks is that Cydia never worked. Saurik, the creator of Cydia has been working hard and he has finally released the Cydia bundle for iPhone OS 3.0. This means you can finally use Cydia on iPhone OS 3.0, and third-party applications will continue to be sold once iPhone OS 3.0 comes out.

WARNING: iPhone 3G users, do you use yellowsn0w? If you use yellowsn0w or if you plan to use it in the future you should NOT use this jailbreak. iPhone OS 3.0 is still in beta and a lot of jailbroken apps need to be updated to support it. Don't be surprised if a lot of your favorite apps don't work, you will have to wait until the final iPhone OS 3.0 release to get your favorite apps. This is a beta release so please do not ask for support on this. If you want, you can join the iPhone OS 3.0 forum and get help there.

[caption id="attachment_190" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 5 Jailbroken w/Cydia"]iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 5 Jailbroken w/Cydia[/caption]

Follow @QuickPWN on Twitter for quick news and updates.

Source: iPhoneApps.ru

May 9, 2009 at 11:17 PM

It doesn't find my 2G iPhone at the launching, I plug it again and again, I reboot the iPhone, the PC but there's no differences...

(sorry if my english is bad)

Doug

Langit22
May 10, 2009 at 4:27 AM

Awesome, it's works for my iphone2g, but no signal..any one have solution?

QuickPWN
May 10, 2009 at 7:18 AM

This is only for beta firmware, if you don't have iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 5 then you can't use it.

May 10, 2009 at 7:26 AM

I install this beta and all work fine. I use quickpwn and i can use my tmobile sim. Is greath.

May 14, 2009 at 10:46 PM

disable the activate feuture in quickpwn - if you have a real iPhone contract

or

activate your iPhone UUID in the apple development Website, only then you can use the beta OS

May 15, 2009 at 5:38 AM

here is the answer :
Use quickpwn downloaded here for beta5 then your iphone will be jaibroken, go to settings-WIFI-connect to your wireless internet
launch cydia and upgrade it, after search for bootneuter
close cydia then launch bootneuter touch on 4.6 then unlock on
flash for the first reboot the will reboot itself then launch again bootneuter and then same process touch on 4.6 then unlock on after flash wait up to 2 minutes reboot your iphone again and you are done only for Iphone 2G

I hope this will help you and enjoy beta5

May 29, 2009 at 7:31 PM

your all quick own are gooooooooooood all firmwares works gooood thanks

May 29, 2009 at 7:35 PM

To download all firmwares gays paste the correct name of firmware in search engne

(((((quick pen is very good very good)))))

zenoran
May 30, 2009 at 5:27 AM

tried installing this with freshly downloaded IPSW but it says quickpwn doesn't support this IPSW... ???

amir
May 31, 2009 at 5:13 AM

when are u going to make the 3.0 beta for ipod already and iphone

May 31, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I downloaded Download QuickPWN 3.0 Beta 5 (Official Unofficial Release ). Why this program can't run at my windowsXP Pro. Please someone can help me. My iPhone can't do anythings.

Thx

June 1, 2009 at 3:46 AM

Iphone 3G Beta 5 after Jailbreak the Itunes Store on the iphone did not work
reported from many users
any fixes for this?
thanks
tom

QuickPWN
June 1, 2009 at 4:06 AM

It's only a beta, wait for the final 3.0 firmware to be out.

QuickPWN
June 1, 2009 at 4:14 AM

It's only a beta release and if you can't figure out what you've done wrong I suggest you don't upgrade. Wait until the final firmware 3.0 is released!

June 1, 2009 at 6:00 AM

I have an iphone 2g with beta 5 on it. Whenever i try to connect to YouTube, i get this pop up scree that says:

"Cannot connect to YouTube"

How can I fix this?

Alec
June 1, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Have you installed the .NET framework? If you havent, install it from here:

June 1, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Either 1) If you're not a dev. you won't be able to activate... but if you are activated before jailbreaking
When you're selecting the Add Cydia, Change Boot Logos and Activate... make sure activate is NOT checked off... leave it blank then it will work... Went through that myself

Joe1997
June 1, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Works QuickPWN with iPod Touch 2G?

June 1, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Thx for you relpy... Now Quickpwn can run at my windowsXp. But i failed to jailbreak my 2G iphone.
That's for inform. Before i try to jailbreak i had Restore my 2G iphone to OS 3.0 Beta 5. So what's problem.

Now my iphone only can emergency call. i tried go to MDU mode but faileure too.

Please someone help me.

thx

June 1, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Can you tell me step by step. How to jailbreak my 2G iphone.

thx

Gee
June 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Does anyone know if this jailbreak works for the iPhone 3G 3.0GM Firmware ? Thanks

QuickPWN
June 8, 2009 at 3:45 PM

@Gee: No this won't.

June 15, 2009 at 6:19 AM

The 3.0 has been released to developers. So will this beta jailbreak work for the 3.0 or are you still working on a new jailbreak?