Home » » Official Jailbreak for Windows/MAC

Official Jailbreak for Windows/MAC

Written By Hans Berger on Friday, January 30, 2009 | 1:22 AM

The iPhone Dev Team has just released the official jailbreak for MAC users.

Before you update here are some important things you should read first.

1.  iPhone 3G users:  If you want to unlock your iPhone 3G, do not upgrade to firmware 2.2.1 through iTunes, you must use a custom firmware through PwnageTool (only available to MAC users).

2. Firmware 2.2.1 permanently upgrades the iPhone 3G's baseband to 02.30.03 and yellowsn0w unlock will not work with this baseband (so you won't have an unlock if you upgrade your baseband).  You must make a custom firmware with baseband 02.28 using PwnageTool.

3.  If you're using MAC 105.6 you won't be able to get into DFU Mode but here is how you can do this:

1. You will need an account with ADC (Apple Developer Connection) this is free and takes a few minutes to sign up, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and you should only sign up if you are thinking of developing applications in the future - http://developer.apple.com/mac/

2. Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily Log release for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33” (yes, that is a “5” in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension).

3. Install IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image

4. Reboot your system!

iPhone 3G locked users

If you don't ever want to unlock your iPhone 3G then just update to firmware 2.2.1 through iTunes and jailbreak.

iPhone 2G users

Just update to firmware 2.2.1 through iTunes and  jailbreak.

iPod Touch 1G users

Update to firmware 2.2.1 through iTunes and run QuickPWN to jailbreak.

iPod Touch 2G users

There is no jailbreak available yet, the iPhone Dev Team is working on redsn0w.

Download QuickPwn 2.2.5 Mac

Click here to download QuickPwn 2.2.5 for Mac

Download QuickPwn 2.2.5 Windows

Click here to download QuickPwn 2.2.5 version 2 for Windows (This is the official Windows download)

Download PwnageTool 2.2.5 Mac

Click here to download PwnageTool 2.2.5 for Mac

jetcaracer
January 30, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Your Message would it be possible for people with 3g to unlock their phone using windows in the future??

Ciet
January 30, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Thank you very much, i Am French and it's works perfectly !!!

January 30, 2009 at 2:05 AM

I tried running quickpwn for mac and I did the part that says hold down power and home then just home. after that the phone turns off and then itunes opens and says it can not recognize it and to unplug it and plug it back in and press ok. I tried it first where I just click ok and waited on quickpwn but nothing happens, so then I tried it again with unplugging it but nothing happens there either. I have to hold down home and power to turn it back on. what am I missing? this is the first time I have tried to jailbreak my iphone. it is brand new and I did install the 2.2.1 update.

TallMighty (required)
January 30, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Hi,I bought a 3G phone yesterday. The baseband on it is 2.31.03 and firmware 2.21. In this post you mentioned that it's possible to make a custom firmware with older 2.28 baseband . Can you explain how to do it? i would like to jailbreak, unlock and activate it with O2 card as well as UNICEL.

January 30, 2009 at 2:24 AM

never mind I was not holding down the hold/power long enough.

optimus prime
January 30, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Thanks QuickPWN, you guys are life savers!

mfdk
January 30, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Both Mac and Windows version of QuickPwn worked fine for my iPodTouch 1gn.

macguy
January 30, 2009 at 3:56 AM

ok well i'm getting a message when i try downloading both versions that they could not mount to my desktop b/c they are unrecognized...any suggestions?

JT
January 30, 2009 at 3:58 AM

I have a 3G, I updated trough Itunes and I jailbreak it as normal, the cydia package its not showing me the packages, are the packages will be available soon or its something wrong with my phone. thanks for everything

MD
January 30, 2009 at 4:05 AM

read the part about DFU mode..

way2go
January 30, 2009 at 4:13 AM

Your Message
Well I go through all the way with the Jailbreak to the point of where it says "QuikPwn is about to run on your iPhone 3g" and all it does is spin on the right side for over 30 minutes and has not done anything. I have tried twice now. Is this normal? This is for a At&t "locked" iPhone 3G with a Mac 10.5.6 OS. I did get a warning message on my iTunes that just before where it said "QuikPwn is about to run on your iPhone 3G" that it could not recognize it. BTW, I had jailbreaked this phone before so I have had some experience. Any suggestions?

January 30, 2009 at 5:00 AM

it gets to the ihaz success part and stays there. the screen on the iphone is blank and does nothing. I let it sit for 20 mins and nothing. I then have to press power button and turn back on. it turns on normal.

January 30, 2009 at 5:16 AM

can't download IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg because when I log in to the ADC site it said membership required.

Drew
January 30, 2009 at 5:24 AM

I had upgraded my Iphone through iTunes and i was still able to JB my phone with quickpwn with out any issues, You guys rock.

way2go
January 30, 2009 at 6:14 AM

I need to add more to the previous message to what is happening to me. I get this message every time that says "An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified, Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again. An unknown error occured (2001)". I disconnected and reconnected several times (I also had to force quite QuickPwn to do this) and I still get the same message. I even did a full Restore on the 3G Phone and still I get this message. So I am stuck. Any suggestions???

HARDSTLYE CAMPUS
January 30, 2009 at 6:15 AM

thank use for making a new jailbreak software but did you's not think of jailbreaking the ps3 yet it be realy cool if uses did reply back if you are going to jailbreak the ps3 or not please

Scott
January 30, 2009 at 6:48 AM

What exactly does the debug for OS X 10.5.6 do? (Other than make it possible for me to jailbreak my phone..) And is it possible to undo whatever that download does to my computer once I finish jailbreaking my phone? (I'm just a little skeptical because it says to only download it if you plan on developing applications, which I don't plan on...)

Jake
January 30, 2009 at 7:05 AM

There's a link to download QuickPwn 2.2.5 for mac and the PwnageTool 2.2.5 for mac. What's the difference?

chris
January 30, 2009 at 7:09 AM

did you try downloading it with firefox? when i downloaded earlier versions (with safari), i got similar error messages regarding mounting issues. hope this helps.

Nick
January 30, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Installing IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg causes my macbook to Kernal Panic when anything USB gets plugged in..

Any idea how to uninstall the package?

chris (required)
January 30, 2009 at 7:23 AM

i'm getting the same message...i go through all the steps (successfully, or so it says), then am met with the same error message. i click okay to the message, then restart the iphone (holding power/home), but continue to hold power/home until it goes into recovery mode. then quickpwn wakes back up and warns me to do nothing...just wait for it to reboot with the pineapple, but after 20+ minutes, it simply reboots normally and sadly unpwned. help me please...

Caitlin
January 30, 2009 at 7:23 AM

This exact thing happens to me. Has anyone helped you with this?

David R.
January 30, 2009 at 7:25 AM

I installed the 10.5.5 IOUSBFamily package and it locked my Mac into a kernel panic cycle. I had to boot from backup and restore. Thanks for nothing, you dumb fucker.

alu
January 30, 2009 at 7:28 AM

I am new to this board. Unfortunately I already upgraded iphone 3G through iturns to firmware 2.2.1. Is there a way I can roll back to 2.2?

Thanks

tat2me2
January 30, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I also get the window that says "Quickpwn is about to run on your 3G iPhone" but nothing happens except the spinning object on the bottom right corner. I just updated my phone through iTunes to 2.2.1 using iMac 10.5.6 - Any help would be greatly appreciated.

acoste
January 30, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Windows version of QuickPWN is out there: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
Does anyone have experience with it?

Scott
January 30, 2009 at 9:41 AM

So I downloaded the "IOUSBFamily Log release for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33" and was able to Jailbreak my phone. Thanks for that!
However, now if I try to plug in any USB device other than my iPhone, it causes some error and freezes my computer and says I have to restart it. Can someone help me with how to uninstall this so I won't have this problem any more?

ANDRES MEX
January 30, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Hello , I own iPhone 2G with 1.1.1 that i dont know how it was unblocked, I live in mexico and i was able to use any sim around the world. Today after a couple of hours finally i could unblocked or jalibroke (dont know the difference) and everything works great with the phone EXCEPT IT DOESNT RECOGNIZE MY SIM, HEEELP , IM NEW ON THIS!!!!!!

fugitiv3
January 30, 2009 at 4:05 PM

emmm why there is a version 2 for windows quickpwn? there was somthing wrong with the first version??

Lorance
January 30, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I Have the same problem as "tat2me2" "after i complete all steps in QuickPWN and when it comes to the last step i get the window that says “Quickpwn is about to run on your 3G iPhone” but nothing happens except the spinning object on the bottom right corner. I just updated my phone through iTunes to 2.2.1 using my macbook pro 10.5.6 .. plzzzzzzz HELP

Junkysushi
January 30, 2009 at 5:17 PM

So, is the last link the *official* windows download?

The subject of this post claims there is an official quickpwn for both windows/Mac, but the first sentence says the *official* windows version hasn't been released....
However, at the end of the page it says that the Windows link for Quickpwn version 2 is the official link...?

Is it official or not?

Juaquin
January 30, 2009 at 5:30 PM

So what is the recommendation for those of us that want to leave our baseband on the old version (still be able to unlock), but upgrade to the new firmware on Windows? Do we all have to borrow a Mac, make a custom IPSW, then transfer it to our own iTunes, install, and QuickPwn?

Will there ever be a release of PwnageTool for windows, or a version of QuickPwn that will create IPSWs (like WinPwn)?

manisha
January 30, 2009 at 5:36 PM

quickpwn for windows when i open it it says that file is invaild r corrupted?????????? y

Chris Tiong
January 30, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Hi There, is there any Pwnage tools for windows user to build custom firmware for 2.2.1 firmware?.
I would appreciate it. and thank you in advance.
Currently I'm having a 3g officially factory unlocked iphone.
I've use an unofficially unlock Quickpwn to jailbreak, It's work well. I need a bigger root partition now.
Thanks.
Singapore.
Chris

Mark314
January 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Hi, if I have iPhone 3G originaly unlocked, must I custom firmware, or I can use normaly QuickPwn??

T_T
January 30, 2009 at 11:30 PM

version 1 was the unoffcial first release I believe...

draxter
January 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM

this jailbreak doesn't work properly for me :/
i followed it exacly and at the end jailbreak is finished, my iphone 3g doesn't reboot, i waited maybe 30 minutes and it only displays apple logo and vibrates twice every couple minutes.

e7e
January 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Hello

Hmm I can't see Cydia or Installer on my Springboard after jailbreaking... can somebody help me? :)

T_T
January 31, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Quickpwn for windows worked fine under Windows 7 beta build 7000...

Harold
January 31, 2009 at 1:21 AM

I really hope they hurry and come out with the ipod touch jail brake soon...

chris
January 31, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Hi had the same problem with mine I just did a Archive and Install from the MAC OSX disc which takes your mac back to 10.5.5 depending on when you purchased it. I am now still trying to jailbreak my iphone but can't get it to go in dfu mode :(

chris
January 31, 2009 at 2:00 AM

I have the same issue as above I get to the point of trying to enter the dfu mode in Pwnage and it keeps saying dfu mode failed. iTunes also reports there was an error. I'm running itunes 8.0.1 and Mac osx 10.5.5 anyone have any ideas? Am I not holding down the buttons correctly or long enough?

Thanks

Bob-62
January 31, 2009 at 2:30 AM

K@@L Worked great!!
Had 2.1 upgraded Via ITines 8 to 2.2.1
Ran QuickPwn installed without a hitch,
in under 10 min.
Didnt even loose crack apps from 2.1.
AWSOME Job Guys!!!!!! Keep up the great work.

way2go
January 31, 2009 at 4:44 AM

Hurray...Success! After getting constant iTune (2001) errors, I finally got it to work by installing it through my G4 Powerbook laptop instead of my iMac desktop. I got this simple tip to switch computers through the Apple website as one of the options to combat these iPhone/iTouch installation errors. Life is good now!

Andrew (required)
January 31, 2009 at 4:48 AM

You may want to mention that in order to avoid being stuck at the Apple boot logo after jailbreaking, you should backup all your purchases/apps/whatever (right click on iPod in iTunes, click "Backup") and then you should restore your device to a pristine state of firmware 2.2.1 (click on device in iTunes, select "Restore"). THEN Jailbreak it. If you just jailbreak your device when all your apps/songs/etc are still on it from before, it will freeze up. After the jailbreak of the pristine device, you should be able to restore your apps/songs in iTunes.

charles
January 31, 2009 at 4:52 AM

Is it still possible to jailbreak it if I updated my fimware to 2.2.1 through iTunes?

Bottleshark
January 31, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Can you tell me when the jailbreak for ipod touch 2gen is coming?
Will it take many months?
And what is redsnow? is it as safe as quickpwn?
Please answer.

MRMS
January 31, 2009 at 8:28 AM

how do i get the expert mode for quickpw for windows to update the 2.2.1 on iphone

January 31, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Constant reboot even with QuickPwn-225-2. Tried two times...
Any ideas? Will it be fixed soon?

Running WinXP + iPod Touch 1st gen.

MRMS
January 31, 2009 at 8:33 AM

how to make a custom firmware with older 2.28 baseband . Can you explain how to do it? i would like to jailbreak, unlock and activate it with other cards .

Sulltan
January 31, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Hi Am From Kosova,
I wante to ask u ,yellowsn0w working in 2.2.1

Guilherme
January 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Thank you QuickPWN Team!!!
It's all working on my iPhone after thousands of tries.

PS: A big hug from Brasil to all team!!!

AG
January 31, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Having problems: Have a 3G on AT&T, I'm not trying to unlock, only jailbreak. Updated to 2.2.1 on iTunes first, had no problems with phone; jailbreak with Pwnage tool on Mac and cannot get reception after jailbreak. I get reception when I do a recovery from iTunes and un-jailbreak it. But no reception when I jailbreak. tried many different times, even on different computers. Help/

Russell Phillips
January 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I installed the IOUSBfamily-315.4.1.pkg on my 10.5.6 iMac and now my thumb drive won't work in my USB drive. What gives? How do I reverse that installation?

Dboy
January 31, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Same problem, it's been at the apple logo screen for three hours, ive restored once, then tried again. Windows Xp, itouch 1st gen.

James69
January 31, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Hi,Dev Team.1st of all,I like to Thank You all for a job well done for the 2.2.5 break!But,I have a problem.i happened to upgrade my iPhone 3G to 2.2.1 with baseband 02.30.03,kindly advise me on how to go about unlocking the phone so that I can load YellowSnow and run it...Thanks!

Jacco
January 31, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Worked like a charm! Thanks guys.

Shaun
January 31, 2009 at 11:28 PM

The jailbreak for ipod touch 2nd gen will take as long as it will take. Don't ask. Probably months like you said. Redsn0w is currently highly experimental and your ipod won't be able to boot without the aid of a computer (tethered boot). I advise that you wait for quickpwn for ipod touch 2nd gen which will be safe and easy.

paingod
February 1, 2009 at 1:33 AM

dude, if u need to ask this, don't use expert mode LOL, it's not included, that's why it is called QuickPwn

JC Dufourd
February 1, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Installing IOUSBfamily-315.4.1.pkg on my 10.5.6 iMac ruined my machine. I had to reinstall Leopard from scratch. Beware!

Glenn
February 1, 2009 at 2:35 AM

I bought an iPhone 3G in Italy, so it's not locked. Running jailbreaked 2.2 now, and want to update, will it remain unlocked after an update with QuickPWN to 2.2.1, or will the firmware update lock it again? Thank you!

kevin
February 1, 2009 at 6:05 AM

can i restore my iphone after jailbreaking it.... like when it says setup ure iphone.. can i restore contacts and such or do i have to setup as new phone

Double
February 1, 2009 at 6:30 AM

I think the app categories might be screwing things up a bit, for users that had Cydia in a categories created folder, now we can't see cydia and unsinstall categories to correct the issue. I see a few comments about not seeing Cydia on the screen and wondered if you had this in common with me.

Robert Scottorn
February 1, 2009 at 8:00 AM

I have jailbroken my iphone 3g in 2.2.1 from itunes and my iphone will not turn on. The iphone is constantly is showing the apple starting up logo. Please help!!!

Dboy
February 1, 2009 at 8:03 AM

PLEASE HELP!!!!!I Currently have a first gen ipod touch running on 2.2.1. QuickPwn just yesterday came out with the official jailbreak for this on WindowsXP yesterday so I decided I would try jailbreaking for the first time. I went through the process and when it was done it said to wait for my ipod to reboot. Twelve hours later my ipod was still at the apple logo screen. So I went to DFU mode and restored. I tried again, same thing. One of the reasons I am jailbreaking is because I almost have nine full pages of apps so restoring takes FOREVER. I want it to work this time, what should I do?

P.S.- Does jailbreaking erase all of my saves on my apps????

Ben Dodds
February 1, 2009 at 8:58 AM

hey guys u rock my world, lol, was really worried that i would'nt be able to re jailbreak my iphone, but you did it, thx so much, bet ya apple are cryin that a few amateur hackers wiped out their whole team of developers

MRMS
February 1, 2009 at 9:05 AM

quickpw tool for windows ???? anything yet?

wildbeast15
February 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM

how mmuch longer for the touch 2g?

Drk
February 1, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Everytime I open up itunes, it says insert sim card in phone, so the iphone icon wont show up until I put in a card, then it displays invalid sim, so I am not able to update the firmware manually, i had to go thru the tabs above on itune to update. I accidently updated the phone thru itunes to 2.2.1. I would like to know how I can unlock and jailbreak the phone. I read the posts, but am not sure how to create a custom baseband, is it neccessary for unlock? Or can I run the quickpwn just as is?

Drk (required)
February 1, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I think alot of people here has updated to firmware 2.2.1 thru itunes already, can you post a solution in order to unlock the phone and jailbreak if you have already updated the baseband to the latest one thru itunes? I am not even able to navigate my phone because it prompts me for activation and to insert a sim card, I dont have a att sim card!

Rvtical
February 1, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I've downloaded the windows QuickPWN 2.2.5 and the SHA-1 sum doesn't match with the official sum released by the dev-team.

How's that?
Official: 82aae63218316af42e4fa20f8c69d9eb4fe9d4ee
Your download: 58f13e4c31001f182c64353332c20524d5aeb83a

ipodrulz
February 1, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I had the problem with the "IOUSBFamily Log release for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33" too. So I went back to the ADC site and then downloaded the one for 10.5.6, everything seems to work fine now.

DavidE
February 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Thank you so much, you guys are the best. From now on, I'll be more careful to not just update my iTunes without thinking how it will affect my quickPwness. Thanks so much for your time and considerations for your fans. ^_^

oklaokla
February 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Official 2.2.1 Jailbreak for Windows is out now, it works, great. Thanks a lot to Development Team. You've done a great job. Appreciated.

Rvtical
February 1, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Well, really what it's happening is that it doesn't get fully downloaded from this link.

I've tried to download it from the links probided in the dev-team page and they seem to be ok, including the SHA1.

javier
February 1, 2009 at 1:37 PM

i was trying the unnoficial windows quickpwn and my itouch gets into a sudden coma how can i fix it¿?

Jack
February 1, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I have the 2g iphone updated 2.2.1 on itunes then ran quickpwn.. now it says I have to activate!?!

Josh
February 1, 2009 at 3:26 PM

will there ever be a way to hack 2.2.1??

Lessthanzach
February 1, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I had the same problem running Mac 10.4 and iphone 2g. I turned off the lock out timer and restored my phone without the applications (so it was just a phone with contacts and calendar) then I ran the quickpwn and it worked and booted right up. I can't put a finger on which component is causing the freeze when the device boots the final time. All I know is doing these things made it work for me so it should be worth a shot.

lessthanzach
February 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I downloaded both and the pwnagetool seemed a little more complicated than quickpwn and also offered an "expert" mode which I have no idea what it does. All I know is it failed at jailbreaking my phone so I had to use quickpwn 3 times before I got it to work. Kind of a pain in the ass.

AUSSIEBOY
February 1, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I stuck with the last step.quickpwn say'please wait for your device to reboot in its newly modified state'.I've been waiting for an hour but it seems nothing is happening.My 3 G shows the quickpwn logo & its vibrates every 3-5 minutes.I am using Windows.Can any one please help me.pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

jian (required)
February 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM

i have this noobie problem, but yeah, after i jailbroken my iphone 2g, cyndia doesnt appear? anyone kno how to fix it?thx

eu
February 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM

y the fuck doesnt the ipsw file work on the iphone 2g?

Car
February 1, 2009 at 5:18 PM

at the end of thr proccess, QuickPWN send an error message.

caro
February 1, 2009 at 5:30 PM

at the end of the process, the following error is showed "your device has connected in the wrong mode. this can be caused by incorrect following of the instructions , or a faulty USB connection. Please try again.
The iphone was perfect connected to the USB and i follow the instructions.
someone know what's the problem?

Ben
February 1, 2009 at 6:18 PM

is there a second gen Ipod touch with FW 2.2.1 PwnageTool

Luffy
February 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM

i am having the same issue here. iphone 3g, vista os. tried 3 times to no avail

m3max30
February 1, 2009 at 11:14 PM

my iphone 3g as the 2.2.1 on it, how can i jailbreak it to work whit t-mobile

ignite88
February 2, 2009 at 4:39 AM

So wait, everytime apple releases a firmware update, I need to update through itunes then jailbreak again? Is there anyway to update the firmware on PC without having to jailbreak a second time. I dont want to have to do this because I have many applications already installed from Cydia... I dont wanna have to reinstall them again...

Brandon
February 2, 2009 at 6:37 AM

I JUST updated with iTunes from 2.1 to 2.2.1 and unlocked and jailbroke, but my iPhone 2G is STUCK on the BOOT LOGO. Is this common? What am i doing wrong?

mfdk (required)
February 2, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Well, there is no way to unlock the iPhone 3g using the firmware 2.2.1 through itunes. But if you have Mac OS X, then you can install Pwnage Tool and use a customized firmware to update your iPhone 3g and then jailbreak it.

Te pershendes nga vranjevci, Prishtin-Kosova

rickyg
February 2, 2009 at 8:33 AM

i first downloaded the unofficial quickpwn for windows tried to to jailbreak and wouldnt finish rebooting. so i noticed others were having the same problem. so i tried to fix it and quickpwn will not open. and now i just downloaded the official quickpwn for windows and it still wont open. what am i doing wrong. help me and all the others with this issue.HELP QUICKPWN!

k00nch05
February 2, 2009 at 8:40 AM

when does redsnow come out?

Carlos
February 2, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Same here. When installed IOUSBfamily-315.4.1.pkg all usb storage devices that I plug crashes the system (Grey screen).
To reverse, I got the latest version of the driver (iousbfamily327.4.0log).

gryph28
February 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Did anyone reply to you, I'm having the same problem, I try to hook my printer up through the USB and it always shuts down. Any advice?

Shirtiwithcracker
February 2, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I have the iPod Touch 2g that was just updated to the 2.2.1 . I want to really badly jailbreak it. I have jail broken 3 people's iphones. Please email me if you have anything for the iPod. I have a WIndows Vista and XP. Please email me at rajkashyap777@gmail.com

nick
February 2, 2009 at 10:26 AM

This bricked my ipod touch 1g. I say bricked because every time i try to run itunes with the ipod plugged it to the usb it freezes up and force quits. This is not worth trying.

eduardo
February 2, 2009 at 12:31 PM

i just jailbroke my iphone 3g (2.2.1) and since i finished the process its been in an endless reboot.. idk what to do... CAN ANYONEPLEASE HELP ME?!?!?!

PyroAvalanche
February 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I made the light sensor in the front of the 2g a red but good camera im working on a magnetic film to make a little more color/ im presently working on a ps2 emulator jak 2 works i need make the buttons the right transparancy though the anolog sticks are like that of hero of sparta, dev team do you want these programs, Ps i doubt this will work with cydia both must be of a computer its easy like quickpwn though dev team do you want the programs?

Yvonne
February 2, 2009 at 2:02 PM

..i have downloaded and restored and rebooted and so on and so forth.. and everytime i get to the power down and home button steps, itunes states that there is an error and located an ipod..please someone help!!..

max
February 2, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Hey guys for those of you encountering problems (the kernel panic stuff) after installing “IOUSBFamily Log release for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33”. After pwning the iphone just download the newer version of IOUSBFamily (for the Mac OS X 10.5.6). The problems should be gone!
cheers

Annie
February 3, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Windows XP with Iphone 3G 2.2.1 and 2.30 baseband.

Jail-break works perfect! Thank dev-team so much. Still waiting for the unlock yellowsnow for 2.2.1.

Annie
February 3, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Restore using a "CLEAN" 2.2 or 2.2.1 files instead your old backup files. It will work.

Lye1042
February 3, 2009 at 4:23 AM

Hi Recently I tried jailbreak my 3G i Phone v2.2.1, at first everything is OK , the quickPwn is working fine but once everything had been download and waiting for boot up. my i phone can't boot up and it just remind at the white apple boot up page and I have wait for 1 hour it still not working, so I tried to jail break again & again it still remind the same problem, Any one can help me please, please send your comment/your solution to my email lye1042@gamil.com. thanks

Dave J
February 3, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Used Quickpwn in Windows XP to jailbreak my Iphone 3G running 2.2.1. No problems. Had to download my 3rd party apps. again but that did'nt take too long. Everything working fine.

busdrivertm
February 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM

any links or programs someone can suggest to ftp to my iphone 2g?

nuke
February 3, 2009 at 6:48 PM

hey,
I updated my iphone 2G to 2.2.1 using quickpwn windows new version, everything went great,
The only problem I have is that I 'm unable to use my camera and I 'm missing the youtube and itunes icon?!,
Can anyone help me to resolve this problem??
thanks nuke

Vishal
February 3, 2009 at 7:33 PM

So I can just download and run the file? I'm on Mac os 10.5.6. is 2.2.5 the correct version for download? Do I need to make folder as in 2.2?

Will
February 3, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I tried to open quickpwn but it doesn't, it says it has a problem and must close, what should I do to make it work?

jeff
February 3, 2009 at 8:47 PM

After holding all the home and pwn button, there is nothing coming out. it just went black screen and i have to re-start the iphone to make it work, So can u tell me wht should i do in-order to jailbreak the new vision 2.2.1????

trevor
February 4, 2009 at 5:41 AM

zip open as a video?

Luis
February 4, 2009 at 5:53 AM

I have updated to 2.2.1 and would like to jail brake my 3giphone. How can I do it?

smilie
February 4, 2009 at 5:55 AM

Your Message it keeps tellin me i need .net framework what does that mean?

Damn
February 4, 2009 at 7:18 AM

The App doesn't run on my Windows PC, it appears that it crashs after I chose my firmware...

zeroscar
February 4, 2009 at 8:52 AM

i accidentally update it to 2.2.1, how can i unblock it again??? is there any chance to downgrade it to 2.2 firmware with the original basedband 02.28??? should i buy a turbo sim??? please help me!!!!

Xiy
February 4, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Can you not like hurry up and get a 2nd gen sorted?

February 4, 2009 at 11:18 AM

how to unlock iphone 8gb any soft please help me

sameer
February 4, 2009 at 3:07 PM

so i accidently update it my iphone 3g through itunes what should i do now to get it jailbreak.

yahya
February 4, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I did install the quickpwn from the link but it does not recognise the ipsw file

LigGLe
February 4, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Please post all 10 Points of the DFU Fix. If you don't reinstall the newest version again, you cannot plug in any UBS-Peripheral without crashing the OS.

Here is the COMPLETE Description:

2. Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily-315.4-log.dmg” for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33” (yes, that is a “5” in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension).
3. Unplug non-vital USB equipment, such as external DVD writers, USB scanners, USB mass storage devices, at the most leave a Keyboard and Mouse connected.
4. Install IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image
5. Reboot your system!
6. Perform necessary DFU activity with QuickPwn or PwnageTool.
7. Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily-327.4.0-log.dmg” for Mac OS X 10.5.6 Build 9G55”
8. Intall IOUSBFamily-327.4.0.pkg from within the disk image
9. Reboot your system!
10. Reattach your USB peripherals.

James69
February 4, 2009 at 11:19 PM

To all iPhone 3G owners,who downloaded 2.2.1 thru iTunes with a Mac.You can only use Quickpwn 2.2.5 to jailbreak only,it will not unlock your phone,you baseband will still be locked by Apple.Cydia,Installer and other tools will not run smoothly like before.Do not try to attempt to download Pwnage tool 2.2.5 on your Mac to downgrade to baseband 02.28 as it will messup your Mac systems,that's why you all keep hearing that people have trouble with their USB connections n other errors popping up....so DO NOT TRY to use the Pwnage tool just yet.Think we will have to bare with the Original 2.2.1 for the time being.Until a fine tuned Quickpwn tool comes along.Hope the guys at Quickpwn,Dev Team,Poorlad can come up with a upgraded version soon....We support YOU guys!

m@
February 5, 2009 at 6:38 AM

So, I updated my firmware to 2.2.1 via iTunes, and then jailbroke my phone via the newest QuickPwn. That worked as expected.

However, neither Cydia nor Installer can connect to remote hosts to download software. This is kinda the point of jailbreaking, no?

Also, Installer shows that I have installed all the packages I had installed previously on 2.2 (before iTunes update and latest jailbreak) but none of those icons are present on my phone.

mark
February 5, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Use QickPWN to do the jailbreak process again, but this time make sure you leave iTunes open throughout the entire process. This worked on my 2G iPhone when it encountered the endless reboot problem. Works perfectly now!

Ipodguy
February 5, 2009 at 11:27 AM

People, if your iPod or you iPhone or whatever keeps rebooting and is just staying at the boot logo, just wait at LEAST 3 hours, it will work, I had to wait about an hour and a half for mine.

josue
February 5, 2009 at 12:27 PM

just updated my ipod touch to the new 2.2.1 uppgrade and my cydia application got removed. now im trying to reinstall it using the 2.2.5 quickpwn for mac but just as its about to install (after the process of turning off and rebooting) the ipod just stays off and doesnt allow the program to install. what do i do?

Paul iPhone
February 5, 2009 at 7:40 PM

what is your firmware

jesso
February 5, 2009 at 8:43 PM

works great... thanks...

Picador
February 6, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Your Message

i updated my 3G through iTunes. I used the Pwnage tool to customize a Firmware. In Restor Mode became ERROR 21.

Could you help me guys?

Christian
February 6, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Ok I don't know what the hell hapened but I updated my ipod touch 1g to the firmware 2.2.1 and then ran quckpwn, at first everything was alright until I got to the steps screen where u have to hold the home screen fro 5 second and bla bla so did everything it told and suddenly it says connecting errors, basically after that it fucked up my itouch and then I had to do a hard reset and update again to firmware 2.2.1 abd when I run quckpwn again it says the following error, Quickpwn can only jailbreak from versions 2.0.x or lower, and if ur thinking that I have an older version, the answer is no I have newest version, what can I do?

peter
February 6, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Your MessageI accidentally update my iphone to 2.2.1

Eric Samuelson
February 7, 2009 at 2:48 AM

i waited about 12 hours and it did nothing!!!!!!!

Eric Samuelson
February 7, 2009 at 3:09 AM

now when i connect my ipod to quickpwn it says it can only jailbreak versions 2.0 and wont connect my ipod

Sean
February 7, 2009 at 5:23 AM

I downloaded the new 2.2.1 on my 3g through windows. how do jailbreak my iphone using windows properley. i tried with with quickpwn 2.2.1 and followed all steps till rebooted and when it reboots theres no cydia or no installer.what am i doing wrong

kmullinax
February 7, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Xiy -
You need to chill out.
You realize these people are working for FREE working their asses off developing a FREE program for your benefit and you're complaining about how long it's taking them.
If you're on such a tight schedule, why don't you get off your ass and program it yourself? Or better yet, send the developers a nice fat check to reward them for their efforts. I'm sure then they would be more than willing to bend over backwards just for you.

Casey
February 7, 2009 at 5:52 AM

I did what you said, and it's been twelve hours and nothings happned... Any tips????

kmullinax (required)
February 7, 2009 at 5:55 AM

FOR ANYONE HAVING THE CONTINUOUS REBOOT PROBLEM:

If you've upgraded to 2.2.1 and tried jailbreaking with the latest QP only to have the continuously rebooting apple logo display:
I had this problem 3 times in a row before I got it to work on my 3g.

The fix for me was to do a full system restore to 2.2.1 via iTunes and then run QuickPwn BEFORE restoring from my backup. For some reason, performing the backup restore after the system restore and then trying to jailbreak causes the endless reboot every time, but doing it the other way worked the first time.

Hope this helps someone.

matt
February 7, 2009 at 6:03 AM

hey guys....

i got windows vista ultimate, iphone 3G...

when i want to start quickpwn.exe it reports that quickpwn.exe don't works anymore..

any suggestions?

matthias5523
February 7, 2009 at 6:29 AM

i got vista ultimate and iphone 3G (2.2.1) but i cant run the quickpwn.exe....

any suggestions?

IK77
February 7, 2009 at 6:48 AM

Do you really have wait for hours after you jailbreak iPhone with QuickPWN for Windows on firmware 2.2.1?

I tried QuickPWN 2.2.5 for Windows on my 3G after I updated to 2.2.1 firmware and it kept on getting stuck on boot logo with accasional buzzing...

Clayton
February 7, 2009 at 7:28 AM

So when I connected my jailbroken iPhone today, iTunes asked me if i wanted to upgrade to 2.2.1 - I originally said yes and the download started, after finding this site while the download was going on, I immediatly disconnected my phone - everything still works. My Question is - how do I prevent iTunes from installing the update next time I sync? I went into downloads & deleted the update file, but is this enough? I would still like to be able to sync my music. Also - does anyone have links to a tutorial that will explain how I can re-virginize the phone but keep my data?

banani
February 7, 2009 at 8:42 AM

I just bought 3G, 2.2.1 firmware and jailbroke. No signal however.
What should I do?

Alex
February 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I Downloaded the QuickPwn from the link, Got my firmware(2.2.1) for the Ist gen Ipod, but Quickpwn doesn't recognize it. Help?

conner
February 7, 2009 at 12:20 PM

after i open quickpwn and press the arrow to next the page were i'm sopposed to open the firmware won't open what do i do???

cody
February 7, 2009 at 12:25 PM

ok so i go to download this version (or any version) from your site and when i get done extracting it i go to run it and it comes up with application error and terminates could any of you help me with my problem? thank you

RAMI
February 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM

how can i download the booloader v3.6 and 4.6 i need them to unlock my iphone 2g

moises
February 7, 2009 at 4:18 PM

ok, i updated my iTouch 1rst gen via itunes. then i use quickpwn 2.2.5 on my mac version 10.5.6 and i followed all the steps, but after putting it in DFU mode when the bar should be filling up, in my case it didnt fill up. So what can i do?

Dmon1Unlimited
February 7, 2009 at 10:01 PM

are you sure it would take that long, i just jailbroke my ipod first gen with a 2.2.1, its takin a long time & im a little worried since im new to this.

I presumed it wouldnt take that long from reading the name QUICKpwn

ronal
February 8, 2009 at 3:22 AM

i just update my ipod touch to firmware 2.2.1, then i ran quickpwn for firmware 2.2.1 and it didn't recognized it, it says firmware error string. what should I do?

Ursula
February 8, 2009 at 5:17 AM

I have jailbreak my iphone 3g 2.2.1 locked, with the last quickpwn, and it takes a lot of time in the apple logo, and doesnt works, what can i do?
please help me

Eric Samuelson
February 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM

i agree.im kinda worried too

nick
February 8, 2009 at 8:52 AM

i try to jailbreak my ipod touch 3g with your software. But the firmaware part is not working for me.

Eric Samuelson
February 8, 2009 at 9:01 AM

can someone please help me with the boot logo thing.it wont go any further,i've waited so long for it and it does nothing.i cant do anything with it,it wont connect to itunes!! HELP PLEASE!!!!

Gerry
February 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM

i just downloaded cydia and installer my ist time and i was successful ----- thanks to quick pwn..

Gerry from los Angeles Ca

Peter
February 8, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Please help I updated my firmware through itunes to 2.2.1 and used the quickpwn 2.2.1 to jailbreak my iPhone and when it restarted it froze at the pineapple logo try to power off and power on but the only thing it did was vibrate and it won't pass the logo. So i had to restore the firmware back unjailbroken. What am i doing wrong I never had this happen to me before with quickpwn versions 2.1 and 2.2. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.

Marcel Graciano
February 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I pawn and jailbreak my iphone, but it keeps asking for a restore afterwards. It could last about two hours or a little bit more after the jailbreak to block itlself, and ask again for a restore. What should I do?

jose
February 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM

hey man i messed up my iphone real bad my girl was on my computer and she updated it through iTunes which changed the modem firmware what should i do?

Stefan
February 8, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Help I did all the steps and at the end it said on my itouch rebooting but it wont get off the white pineapple on the blackscreen it just froze for like 1 day please email back

zack
February 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I admit im stupid enough to upgrade 2.2.1 via itunes not knowing the circumstances. now stuck with this unlock iphone 3g not knowing what to do next. Advise is need whether to wait & be patient or simply get a new one & use this unit for something else ... hehehehe

antoine.
February 8, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Hi,
any chance of having the PwnageTool 2.2.5 for windows???

Indrek
February 9, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Hi i wanted to tell you that u dont need to go to iTunes and restore to 2.2.1 just start jailbreaking i did so and i successfully jailbreaked it

Sabyan
February 9, 2009 at 3:23 AM

I have exactly the same problem. any solution?

connor
February 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Don't understand how to jailbreak your itouch second generation ?

Lewis Davies
February 9, 2009 at 12:34 PM

PLEASE HELP
Lewis here.
Hi...
I updated my iphone 3g to 2.2.1. Then I jailbroke it using QUICKPWN 2.2.5. It went through the motions till the end.
But when it goes to reboot itself, It just stays stuck on the "APPLE" logo.
Also right in the beginning when it tells you to turn your phone off then hold the home and power button , etc. Itunes opens up saying its detected an iphone in recovery mode, and I should restore and update. I've tried it, but comes up with an error. And i've ignored it too. I still come to the same conclusion.
PLEASE HELP
lewisdavies1980@yahoo.com

February 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I wasn't able to get into DFU mode properly on my mac but I followed this videos instructions rather than QuickPwns and it worked everytime I did it.

Enjoy ;-)

rajtelecom
February 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM

how can downgrade baseband 02.28.00

ilir
February 9, 2009 at 11:12 PM

so i jailbreaked it now i have Cydia and Installer... i hhae an iPod touch 1G 2.2.1 and momentanly i havent got internet
what can i do with Cydia and Installer ? what are the functions of them?
can i have a background on my home site on the ipod?
i know that are stupid questions but pls reply

Jorik
February 10, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Eric just try to get it in Dfu mode and then your itunes will find your ipod and restore it. Maybe you downloaded the wrong patcher

derrick
February 10, 2009 at 5:48 AM

installs fine boots then says to connect the phone id do itunes starts then that is it! am i doing something wrong its as though the program isnt recognising it

Alex
February 10, 2009 at 9:50 AM

It does take 100 years to get it turn agian after you have get it on your iphone..

iPAQZ
February 10, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Thanks DEV team.... keep up the good work

kat
February 10, 2009 at 4:32 PM

download logome at cydia. then u will know what to do next

devizl
February 10, 2009 at 10:33 PM

dear ursula
ucan just reset utr ipone withe holding the bower button and hoom button tell it reboot then releas them boothe...

Ryan
February 11, 2009 at 7:00 AM

would i be able to jailbreak my 2nd gen 8g ipod touch

Hecto
February 11, 2009 at 10:06 AM

He y! Guys
acidently I update my iphone to 2.2.1-5h11
and I can t unlock my iphone 3g 16 gb
any advice,,i need Help
Thanks guy,,
Att;Hector

D-Lo
February 11, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I need help! i already downloaded quick pwn but when i want to run it, it says it doesnt want to work! what can i do?

Mitch
February 11, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I downloaded the quickpwn and went through the whole process and when it says to wait until it boots up after it restarts, it doesn't do it. It just sits there with the apple logo. It doesn't pick up in itunes either. So I can't restore it or anything. How do I fix this?

JayNix
February 11, 2009 at 4:43 PM

ok downloaded it and worked perfect for my iphone 3G. HOWEVER i cant no longer use my phone tab. I half to go to contacts and make calls out of there and when im in a call i cant end it turn it on speaker or anything. so i unchecked everything in my winterboard and still cant use it. Cant restore settings and try over bc my desktop crashed and i lost all my music and i only have it on my phone now. Any help will be great

SHASTA
February 11, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Ursula or Samuelson, hear back on the problem? I had the same issue. How do you get past the logo on startup? Do you keep open the QuickPwn program while your waiting for it? How long's the wait?

Kiran
February 12, 2009 at 1:52 AM

I just updated my 2G Iphone trough Itunes, and was ready to run the windows Quickpwn tool to unlock & jailbrack my device.
but apparantly i didn't have to do this, because i have network and can succesfully use my phone..

how can this be?

Andre
February 12, 2009 at 6:13 AM

I have upgraded to the 2.2.1 by itunes!
And now?
This have any solution?
:'((((

raichu
February 12, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Is there a way to go back to base band 02.28 on windows ? can saome one help me please !

Saumya
February 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM

I have firmware 2.0 on my iPod Touch 1G.

If I jailbreak it now, can I upgrade it to 2.2.1 after jailbreaking it using iTunes? And if I can, will I have to jailbreak it again?

ratish
February 13, 2009 at 2:37 AM

i m using an locked iphone 3g and i have updated to 2.2.1by itunes and base band is 02.30... wil i be able to unlock it in future, or there is no solution to it?? pls help... thanks

natascha
February 13, 2009 at 7:18 AM

downgrade or restore in itunes to original settings?

vs 2.2.1 is only bad for unlocking. With 2.2.1 you can still jaibreak

natascha
February 13, 2009 at 7:32 AM

The downloadfile of QuickPWN 2.2.1 for Windows gives an error. Pls guyzz I need it badly^^

Fuentes
February 13, 2009 at 5:45 PM

well is like 3:00 o'clock and now dor everybody avaliable the jilbreak for the iphone 3g with the firmware 2.2.1 for windows it dosen't make a problem is the same way like ever just came here and jilbreak your iphone

Jordan A.
February 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I've got me an itouch 1st gen running the 2.2(5G77) firmware and I've been trying to jailbreak it for weeks now. All goes well with Quickpwn until I get to the very end of the process where it is supposed to reboot in it's new state. Thing is... it never does that. I get stuck with an apple logo with a black background on the screen and the device never reboots to the jailbroken state. I've checked all sorts of online forums about this and it appears to be a common problem. I was hoping that you would have the concrete solution since you guys are the developers and propagators of this jailbreaking software. Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm running all this from a Windows XP os.

J
February 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM

When is itouch 2g 2.2.1 jailbreak coming out??

fei
February 14, 2009 at 1:25 AM

i have update my iPhone 3G to 2.2.1 and already jailbreak it with quickpwn 2.2.5 because my iPhone is factory unlocked. i have cydia application in my iPhone, but the problem is i can not install hacked applications into my iPhone, the installation of cydia openSSL is error. What is wrng with the steps i've done, anyone can help? thanks

Evan
February 14, 2009 at 7:12 AM

It will not work...this happens sometimes, but when I try it on a different computer it does work...wtf

Stef
February 14, 2009 at 7:42 AM

hi!
I have the same problem, and I can't find a solution!
Nobody says how to do it. I'm stuck on the Apple icon for 30 minutes now. What do i need to do?????
Please reply this comment.
Thanks!

Connor
February 14, 2009 at 10:17 AM

If you are running into the problem with entering DFU mode in 10.5.6, here is a much easier fix. Simply use an external usb hub, and your iPhone will enter DFU mode on the first try! Enjoy.

February 14, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Your Message i cant downland the jailbreak says error how can i fix it

Gus
February 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Hey
if anyone knows how i can jailbreak my itouch 2ngen firmware 2.2.1 please let me know. And if a jailbreak is available please please please email me.
Thanks a million

matt
February 15, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Everytime I jailbreak the iphone will never boot past the apple logo, anyone know how to fix this problem?

Paulo
February 16, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Doesn't work everytime i try, appears an error "0xc0000135" and close QuickPwn.
This happens in all computers tha i have.

roosterbooster
February 16, 2009 at 6:14 AM

try cwy00d search it on google download the firmware and program run the program and you will be unlocked in seven steps

Jericho
February 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Ughhh......I've waited too long; WHERE'S THE FREAKIN 2ND GEN iPOD TOUCH JAILBREAK?!?!?!

edig
February 16, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Hey the links are broken for windows :P can you upload again? if i download winrar give me error while opnening

Peter
February 16, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Hello,
I had an unlocked iphone and unfortunately I updated 2.2.1 and now its locked! so how can i change it agian? please email me I am not sure what to do.