Home » » iPod Touch 2G Jailbreak Status

iPod Touch 2G Jailbreak Status

Written By Hans Berger on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 | 1:06 PM

1. Is it possible to jailbreak the iPod Touch 2G?
Yes it is possible but the jailbreak has not yet been released. The iPhone Dev Team is working on automating the jailbreak. The jailbreak is codenamed redsn0w. Once the iPhone Dev Team has figured out how to automate the jailbreak they will release it.

2. When will the iPod Touch 2G jailbreak be released?
There is no estimated time. The official place to check for updates is the iPhone Dev Team blog at http://blog.iphone-dev.org. Join our iPod Touch forums while you're waiting for the jailbreak to be released.

3. I saw someone on YouTube with a jailbroken iPod Touch 2G, is it real?
No, it's a fake! People have too much time on their hands and they like to fool others. Don't believe the YouTube videos and comments, they're all fake. Only trust the iPhone Dev Team blog.

If you have any more questions here is a website detailing all the redsn0w iPod touch 2G jailbreak questions:

PyroMonix
January 30, 2009 at 6:00 AM

I know the redsn0w jailbreak will give the ipod touch 2g jailbreak apps but will u be able to change your theme for the ipod touch 2g jailbreak

Aciid
January 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Yupp

Your Name (required)
January 31, 2009 at 8:51 AM

cant you just add emulaters by downloading them using some itunes store apps

Your Name (required)
February 2, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Your Message how can i jailbreak my itouch 2G
plzzzz answer me

Thomas
February 2, 2009 at 5:28 AM

ho l'errore 2001....appena cerco di entrare in dfu con l'iphone 3G itunes mi rileva un ipod e mi da errore 2001....che devo fare???

Myizzle
February 2, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Ard. First of all I don't get what the jailbreak does. And second of all i could figure it out but too lazy.

tyler danneffel (required)
February 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I would like to know when you guys are going to maybe come out with jb becuz i have been waiting for ever so you guys need to let me know when you are going to get it!!!

Jokezta
February 6, 2009 at 2:39 PM

dude omg... thank you so much. the problem is.. i dont understand.. are u making the the jailbreak jus for the new iphone or are u making it also for the ipod touch 2g?

btw... you should estimate when its going to come out
or you could just release the jailbreak instructions (for I touch 2g)
and then when you get the auto jailbreaker release that...
Im kinda anxious to see the new jailbreak and at this moment i want it reallly really bad......

big daddy
February 7, 2009 at 5:02 AM

thank u guys for trying so hard to get the jailbreak i am realy looking forward 2 it

Taylor F
February 8, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Can you use the tethred jb currently with windows xp? if so how do you do it? please email me the instructions for how to do it on windows. God bless u guys.

Nate (not from qp)
February 8, 2009 at 7:32 AM

does anyone have an expected date for redsn0w?

hopper
February 9, 2009 at 5:10 AM

hey i really appreaciate u guys working on redsn0w
im looking forward to it all
best of luck to u guys, i hope u own it
>:D

junior
February 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I want redsn0w so bad. i cant wait...when will it be here?

Buzzlight
February 11, 2009 at 10:26 PM

dude omg… you lot are impatient. ffs go on eBay and Buy an original Ipod Touch and get on with your lives . Otherwise just say thanks to these guys for their hard work and WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Dev Team thank you very much!!!!!!

dog how
February 12, 2009 at 8:44 AM

will the redsn0w come out this year or we have to wait until 2010?

Freestyla
February 12, 2009 at 8:57 AM

This is so exciting, especially for those who never jb'ed b4. Can any1 at all tell me about this bluetooth thing coming out that involves the nike app.

February 13, 2009 at 10:08 AM

calm ur ass down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heartagram1025
February 14, 2009 at 12:24 PM

very impatient about this but when will it come out i REALLY hope early this year

apple_lover
February 15, 2009 at 8:49 PM

im so excited to redsnow...can't wait to jailbrake my itouch 2g... i'm longing for it for a long time now...

Jordan
February 16, 2009 at 8:51 AM

http://redsn0w.com/ has info and how to do it (not automated) i havent tried it but just so everyone knows...

Jonas
February 16, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I'd actually jailbroke my iTouch 2g yesterday. But soon i assumed i was not perfect at all... I could not turn my ipod on again when i have turned it off, I had to connect it to my computer and follow ll the boot-steps again. Can that be true, or was I doing something wrong ?

DarkLightxDLS
February 17, 2009 at 2:11 PM

dude, I think it came out...

QuickPWN
February 18, 2009 at 4:36 AM

That's a semi-tethered jailbreak which requires you to jailbreak after each reboot.

Chudy
February 18, 2009 at 7:31 AM

It sucks that Dev team cant put a timeline on it, in no like it would be illogical to do that cause they cannot estimate when it will be completed i just hope it is really soon :)

Dustin
February 20, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I have very little clue as to how jailbreaking works, but I hope it will be worth it when RedSn0w comes out. I heard when you jailbreak your Ipod Touch that you can get flashplayer from third party somewhere. But where?

Garrett
February 20, 2009 at 1:09 PM

is the redsnow going to be tethared or untethered!?!?
Lets hope they come out with an untethared one!!!!
COME ON DEV TEAM !!! DONT GIVE UP!!

Garrett (required)
February 20, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Ive been checking for an untetherd jailbreak everyday for like a month....
DONT GIVE UP DEV TEAM!!!!

itouch loser
February 21, 2009 at 3:47 AM

dude this is gay i actually believed that bullcrap on You Tube! I'm so pissed RAGERAGERAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuickPWN
March 14, 2009 at 3:00 AM

You can download applications through Cydia or Installer. The flashplayer software just plays videos and isn't Macromedia Flashplayer if that's what you thought it was.