Home » » Jailbreak iPhone 2.1

Jailbreak iPhone 2.1

Written By Hans Berger on Friday, September 12, 2008 | 1:25 PM

Do you want to Jailbreak iPhone 2.1? Well, now you can! Unfortunately it's not an easy process as it was with the iPod Touch which was completely GUI based. You will need to carefully follow the below instructions to jailbreak your iPhone 2.1. This tutorial also works for the iPhone 3G.

jailbreak iphone 2.1, jailbreak iphone 3g 2.1

You must install iTunes 8 first, so if you don't have iTunes 8 download or update to it right now.

If you're using an iPhone, you must download iPhone 2.1 firmware using the below link:

If you're using an iPhone 3G, download iPhone 3G 2.1 firmware using the below link:

1. Open iTunes 8, and update to iPhone firmware 2.1.

2. After you're upgraded to firmware 2.1, uninstall iTunes 8.0, and install iTunes 7.7.* from the download link here:

3. Click --> Download the jailbreak from the downloads page <--, or use any of these mirrors if this link doesn't work:

4. Run the .exe file and browse and select your iPhone 2.1 firmware.

5. Follow the on-screen steps, choose Installer and Cydia.

6. Once finished, your iPhone will reboot, but Installer and Cydia won't be visible.

7. Reboot your iPhone, and Installer & Cydia should show up!

September 12, 2008 at 3:05 PM

has anyone done this yet? Does it work just like 2.0.2?

September 12, 2008 at 3:14 PM

it works fine with me! i'm lovingi t

chrisK
September 12, 2008 at 3:23 PM

how do i update without loosing all my apps that i have from the 2.0.2 jailbreak

September 12, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Does the tzones hack still work after jailbreaking the 2.1 version.

September 12, 2008 at 3:30 PM

does anyone know of a download location for itunes 7.7.x for mac?

[GroM]
September 12, 2008 at 3:35 PM

is it possible to make mac-version of this app?? And for ipod too.

Raymond Lo
September 12, 2008 at 3:43 PM

This guide is almost perfect except I have do delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist before the Installer and so shows up again. Thanks Quickpwn! :)

September 12, 2008 at 4:01 PM

The process works but I'm having no luck getting any of the applications to show up in springboard. Once I delete the com.apple.mobile.installation.plist the device just hangs until I hook it back up to itunes.

September 12, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Well I take that back after doing the whole process over again. This time after hooking it back up to itunes it takes about 5 minutes and then comes to life and now the new icons are there!

September 12, 2008 at 4:09 PM

With all those steps it's far from a "Quickpwn" lol

Raymond Lo
September 12, 2008 at 4:10 PM

http://glogger.mobi/v/46164 Here is the terminal running on the iPhone3G 2.1 :) Looks like the 2.0 apps works just fine :) Also, if anyone wants to preserve the partition (like how I have 2G on root partition), just do the updates (instead of restore) and run through this tutorial again! :)

September 12, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Ditto deleting /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist as stated above. Did that, rebooted and all is well :)

September 12, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Question.. I used Quickpwn to get my Iphone's 2.1FW hacked, but now it just hangs at the apple logo.. I can't find a way to get the springboard to show up..? Occasionally, it will restart, and after a few minutes, it will vibrate twice. I didn't brick my phone did I?

In the pwning process, i'm at the step before I used DiskAid to delete / copy the patched file.. Any help is appreciated..!

ss
September 12, 2008 at 4:44 PM

R u sure ?

September 12, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Each time I start pwning the application stop working and the little Windows "this program is not responding" thing shows up. Help please

September 12, 2008 at 4:48 PM

you cant update back to 8.0 after?

September 12, 2008 at 4:49 PM

With 2.0.2 (I'm not sure if this still works with 2.1), and the apple logo of death (hanging at the apple logo), assuming the phone is already jailbroken:

- ssh to the phone
- cd /var/mobile
- mv Applications A (or any name you like)
- The phone should finish booting now, but you will be missing many of your icons
- mv A Applications
- install any app, and the icons will reappear

If the phone is not already jailbroken, the only solution I know of is to restore the phone.

Other note: I believe the two vibrations means the filesystems are mounted.

BugX
September 12, 2008 at 4:52 PM

I can't open the free apps from AppStore after jailbreak mine.. But the cracked application is still working.

Mark
September 12, 2008 at 4:57 PM

GUI Version FTW!

September 12, 2008 at 4:59 PM

What's the point of this if you can't use iTunes 8? iTunes 7 won't work with the 2.1 firmware.

September 12, 2008 at 5:09 PM

I opted to use the Pwnage boot logo, yet when I turn my phone on, the logo doesn't appear, just a black screen. It boots fine but I miss the little pineapple :(.

Is there a way I can SSH the logo back in?

September 12, 2008 at 5:18 PM

I have had the apple screen for like a 3 minutes now after i did everything... am i screwed?

September 12, 2008 at 5:29 PM

This did not work for me. I followed the instruction two times but it could not see installer and cydia.

September 12, 2008 at 5:35 PM

It doesn't work... I've tried restoring 3 times already. Maybe it only works with locked / legit 1.0 iPhones :(

September 12, 2008 at 5:42 PM

I cannot get Installer or Cydia to show either. I know it worked because I installed a cracked version of Netshare via iTunes without a problem. I also downloaded a free app from the app store but even after reboot they (Cydia and Installer) don't show. Any suggestions?

September 12, 2008 at 5:43 PM

has anyone tried this yet? does it work? can i still use itunes 8 after i install jailbreak 2.1? Will all my jailbreak apps delete too if i install jailbreak 2.1?

September 12, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Well, I have followed the instructions 5 times, even QuickPwning on a PC that has never used iTunes 8 and It restores to 2.1 fine, but when i QuickPwn it just sits on the Apple logo randomly rebooting......

Chris
September 12, 2008 at 5:52 PM

When can we expect an updated quickpwn?

September 12, 2008 at 6:32 PM

Can we expect the GUI version today?

laz305
September 12, 2008 at 6:39 PM

awesome thx, few questions
1. With all the updating and uninstalling of iTunes will we have to redo everthing all over again? Ex: add music and video to iTunes? and will all apps will be removed and we have to redl them?
2. or once we reinstall iTunes 7.7 it will be back to the way it was before?
3. What about cracked apps, will they be deleted and non-usable?

Scud
September 12, 2008 at 6:53 PM

MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!

I followed the instructions, and everything seem to work fine. I was able to get Cydia and Installer back. When I redownloaded Winterboard and Vista, the Iphone restarted. But what was odd was that the Quickpwn logo didn't show up!

NOW IT WON'T START!!! FUCK!!!

I have tried going into the DFU mode again, but no luck! Putting it into the wall charger, AGAIN NO LUCK!!! Did I just throw $400 into the fire?

Someone please help me. =*(

September 12, 2008 at 7:02 PM

Keep trying to get it into restore mode, took me 30 minutes to get it to work after a similar issue. still trying to get 2.1 jailbroken.

Scud
September 12, 2008 at 7:05 PM

oH WAIT HOLD ON HOLD!!! I fixed it!!!!

Alright, ahem. Enough of the 13yr-old typing. I'm sure any of you would react the same way I did if you realized your Iphone seem broken and out of warranty.

I was quite ready to give up. Consider selling the Iphone 3g and salvage the cost to pick up a new one.

Anyways, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO A TEE!!! Originally, I did not restart the computer after uninstalling the Iphone. When I did so, after redoing the steps, the Iphone was able to boot back up properly. I'm too happy to keep typing. I'm just going to avoid Winterboard for now and just deal with the ugly default board. Ugh.

iJunboy
September 12, 2008 at 7:09 PM

"MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!

NOW IT WON'T START!!! FUCK!!!

Someone please help me. =*("

Same thing happened to me but i figured it out to restore my phone to 2.0.2..

==BRO!

requirements:

iTunes 7.7
2.0.2 CFW

DFU wont give u any luck..try to put it in RESTORE MODE...and then SHIFT-RESTORE TO 2.0.2..

there u will get it back..have faith to your self bro..

iJunboy=) Philippines

September 12, 2008 at 7:10 PM

@Scud

Try to press the power button and the home button together for 10 seconds first. Release both buttons and switch it on again. If it is not working do it again and move the Iphone into the DFU mode after that procedure.

iJunboy
September 12, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Oh thats nice that u already figured it out.. nice nice.. GOd Bless

mozilla
September 12, 2008 at 7:36 PM

I had about 3 hours to jailbreak my iphone and now it works! But I can't synchronize with iTunes, 'cause there's a message, that my iphone still works with itunes 8.0. Are you sure that I can upgrade itunes from 7.7 to 8.0?

Chris
September 12, 2008 at 7:37 PM

I'd saw we all hold off till a gui version is working..to risky

gully
September 12, 2008 at 8:01 PM

it works for me, good stuff

jim
September 12, 2008 at 8:08 PM

This completely disabled my phone and now i cannot restore it to 2.0.2 or 2.1

September 12, 2008 at 8:08 PM

didnt work for me waiting till something alittle less risky

September 12, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Also worked for me, just delete the /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist using DiskAid then rebooting the iPhone did the trick.

September 12, 2008 at 8:10 PM

jim update to 8.0 again and then shift and left click and find 2.0.2 and restore from there

jim
September 12, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Thank you anonymous, you just saved my ass. It is now restoring with the boot logo on the screen.

September 12, 2008 at 8:13 PM

im doing the same and man...i just hope it restores my settings and everything

September 12, 2008 at 8:20 PM

Great item, and as I'm downloading the 2.1 update, I think I'm going to wait for a while to upgrade it. Thanks to everyone to has tried this and posted their success/failure reports it was your info that brought me to this conclusion. As my only main issue with 2.0.2 is that with 3G on my THB bluetooth handsfree is useless but disabling the 3G makes it work fine, I can deal with slowdown on everthing else for a while.

Thanks again

September 12, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Im gonna wait until a GUI version is available that also patches iTunes 8. What's the point of jailbreaking it if I can't sync it with iTunes.

SMORyob
September 12, 2008 at 8:34 PM

I did it anyway, and I'm very happy about it. I first updated to iTunes 8, downloaded (and downloaded only) the 2.1 firmware. After that I RESTORED and configured it as a new device. Than I closed iTunes 8, QuickPWN'd with the latest release on quickpwn.com, updated Cydia to the latest version, and all my favorite apps (except for Categories) just work fine.

September 12, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Just in case some of you are still wondering, yes once its Jailbroken you can go back to 8.0 to sync tings to your device

Gargo
September 12, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Yes i did the same thing.

Followed the instructions to jailbreak and then reinstalled iTunes 8.0 back. Now my phone is synching like the first day ... :D thanks to everybody working for us to get the real power of the iphone in our hands!

BugX
September 12, 2008 at 8:53 PM

@Gargo: can you open the normal application for AppStore?

September 12, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Can somebody confirm that appstore still works? and youtube?

Jaxter
September 12, 2008 at 9:21 PM

This is only the Jailbreak, right ? Unlocking doesn't work yet ?

September 12, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Appstore and youtube still work

Nino
September 12, 2008 at 9:34 PM

I get the quickpwn cmd window coming up and a load of text scrolls past but then the window just closes and im left with the quickpwn gui with the go button

any ideas?

September 12, 2008 at 9:42 PM

no unlocking doesn't work.
but the jailbreak works very well!

OUTSIDE
September 12, 2008 at 9:48 PM

I did all the process... but...

The Cydia and Installer doesn't show :(

The APP's that I had installed before, not working until I have copied the new MobileInstallation, but doesn't see Cydia and Installer :(

I'm doing again all the process :(

Guozz
September 12, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Great! it works. I upgraded to 2.1 using itunes 7.7

Upon booting from Being pawned, Functionality of the Hacked appstore apps was instantly restored. Appstore workingfine. youtube works.
Thank you quickpwn!

guozz
September 12, 2008 at 9:53 PM

NINO, i had that problem earlier, i u need to reinstall itunes 7.7 again.

September 12, 2008 at 10:07 PM

This was my first jailbreak ever and I was successful! But I had to delete delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist for it to work. Then hooked it up to iTunes 8. After 2 reboots on it's own and the vibrations it came back up on it's own with Installer and Cydia!!!!

September 12, 2008 at 10:17 PM

i downloaded the link for the quick pwn but it does not work....=( help, where can i find a good source?

September 12, 2008 at 10:21 PM

whats a good video recorder app? VideoRecorder 3g isn't working for me with firmware 2.1. Anybody else having this issue?

September 12, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Can somebody help me out with a few dumb questions? I got my phone jailbroke for the first time. I just have a few simple questions. I'll be on AIM "crazycooljeff". Thank you...

September 12, 2008 at 10:54 PM

I downloaded QuickPwn, but it keeps crashing. It is a fresh install of windows, any ideas? I have downloaded from two of the mirrors, so it's not a corrupt zip file.

September 12, 2008 at 10:56 PM

It works for me, but i had to delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist and restart again.

Great job!

John
September 12, 2008 at 11:02 PM

I think I'm having trouble because I didn't fully uninstall iTunes 8. When I try to use iTunes 7.7 it gives me an error message saying a newer version was already installed. How do I fully uninstall iTunes 8 from a PC?

Zahir
September 12, 2008 at 11:06 PM

im stuck at the apple boot logo after quickpwn finishes the jailbreak process but the iphone is not booting up... :(

September 12, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Thanks for the great guide. It worked. (had to delete the mobile cache as well to make Cydia show up).

ShotWithAnSLR
September 12, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Success!

September 12, 2008 at 11:25 PM

My free Apps and the apps i bought doesn´t work anymore!!!! What can i do?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Rustnuts
September 12, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Awesome work guys. very fast and worked first time..

Only installed a few apps of cydia so far..

But winderboard works fine and so does cycorder..

Again awesome work.

Josh
September 12, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Y'know it's weird.... I did this guide and never uninstalled iTunes 8, all works great.

September 12, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Reinstalled iTunes 7.7 many times, rebooting many times, downloaded multiple copies of QuickPwn, but QuickPwn crashes right after double clicking on the .exe.

Any idea's?

September 12, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Worked Great....Bricked Phone At First But I Fixed It Thanx To Quickpwn ^-^ You Have To Delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist through diskaid before you install for it to work though

Mike G.
September 12, 2008 at 11:37 PM

REPLY :
Anonymous Says : September 13, 2008 4:56 AM

Great job!
-----
Thanks Anonymous because mine didnt work either.... i had to delete that file for it to work.
thanks again.....

September 12, 2008 at 11:45 PM

I've done it and I managed to explore the iphones files. But I cannot see Cydia nor Installer

Mike G.
September 12, 2008 at 11:54 PM

Try to :delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist and restart again.
that what i did and it worked for me when i couldnt find the two icons....

September 13, 2008 at 12:00 AM

September 13, 2008 at 12:09 AM

I just did what was necessary and had the two icons then I left my iPhone alone for 1 hour and found it not responding I had to do a "hard" reboot and I found myself in restore mode, I did restore with iTunes 8 and I'm back to the beginning with an unjailbroken phone, snif, maybe there is a mecanism in the 2.1 that detects the trick.

Extremely aggrevated!!
September 13, 2008 at 12:10 AM

OK so I've been trying to do this since 3am and it's now 9am and it's STILL not working:/!!!

Everything is great until Quickpwn does whatever it does.

I installed iTunes 8 upgraded to 2.1, uninstalled Itunes 8 reinstalled 7.7, ran quickpwn then that's where the problems begin...I never see the pineapple logo again after this point or anything other than a black screen for that matter.

I still continued with the diskaid process anyway followed all directions still no luck. I even took the extra steps other people tried:
delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

still a black screen???

If I don't do this right the first time will it not work ever or something???

What the hell do i do???????

Someone who got this right please help me...

Extremely aggrevated!!
September 13, 2008 at 12:15 AM

Do I need to start completely fresh and delete every iTunes file off of my computer?

September 13, 2008 at 12:17 AM

hi!

i had also to delete the cache file, but I have to do this anytime I want to install any aplication from Installer, and most of them doesn't work, like MXTUBE.

September 13, 2008 at 12:26 AM

PLS HELP ME.. im in version 2.02, the name not showing when receiving call when i add in country code. IF i took the country code away, the sms will not show up the name. PLS HELP

September 13, 2008 at 12:29 AM

I get a message about an unsupported mobiledevice.dll. Is this normal? After it completes it goes to the apple logo and stays there. What am I doing wrong??!!!

Zahir
September 13, 2008 at 12:38 AM

^^^^^^^ same problem here dude... what i suggest u is that put it in DFU mode and then retore through itunes... i just did it n now i have 2.1 unlocked but not jailbroken phone... damn...

September 13, 2008 at 12:41 AM

:( mine is too rebooting after upgrading to 2.1 and now i am fucked :(

Itunes gives a error that it cant read from the iphone

igby
September 13, 2008 at 12:48 AM

what is the itunes 7.7 for?

c",)

September 13, 2008 at 12:54 AM

are you supposed to open itunes 7 while running quickpwn?

igby
September 13, 2008 at 12:56 AM

my phone is working fine after doing this, jailbroken. just follow the instructions carefully. although, i dont understand why i have to download itunes 7.7 coz my phone syncs well with itunes 8 after being jailbroken.

c",)

September 13, 2008 at 12:58 AM

same shit here, my logo stay 1 hour and phone doent reboot it

igby
September 13, 2008 at 12:58 AM

nope. didnt get to open itunes 7.7. besides, quickpwns supposedly closes itunes when it starts to work on your phone.

c",)

ncnoman
September 13, 2008 at 12:59 AM

TO THOSE SAYING IT DOESN'T WORK:

follow the instructions to point and it works. my phone has better function than some reports. i haven't had to restart the phone after installing from cydia. both cydia and installer work nice.

I SPENT ALL DAY YESTERDAY TRYING DIFFERENT METHODS. THIS ONE IS THE MOST WELL PUT TOGETHER.

IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS, DO ONE THING:
START OVER!
LIKE I SAID I SPENT ALL DAY YESTERDAY DOING THIS, BUT I GOT WHERE I WANTED AT ABOUT 3AM

there are some incompatiblity issues. the most depressing being intelliscreen; it only show on the lockscreen after a respring.

September 13, 2008 at 1:01 AM

Where can I find OrbLive? I just jailbroke mine OK.

September 13, 2008 at 1:14 AM

anybody with unsupported itunesmobiledevice.dll error ???

September 13, 2008 at 1:15 AM

so hows 2.1 better than 2.0.1?

Zahir
September 13, 2008 at 1:15 AM

@ncnoman
i have tried the steps over n over again... cant make it work after the boot logo after quickpwning...

September 13, 2008 at 1:17 AM

Yes I have the unsupported error too. Does this affect the success?

>>anybody with unsupported >>itunesmobiledevice.dll error ???

September 13, 2008 at 1:18 AM

WHich version od iTunes (7.7.1 or 7.7.0) are you using. Does this make a difference?

JAY
September 13, 2008 at 1:18 AM

Zahir can you be precise about your problem. Perhaps i can help!

Steve
September 13, 2008 at 1:19 AM

Jay, I have the same problem. After pwn, I get the logo and nothing further.

JAY
September 13, 2008 at 1:21 AM

yeah the itunesmobiledevice.dll appears in the terminal windows at the time of pawning. But i guess you should just ignore that.

Besides, GOOD NEWS is that iTunes 8 Works absolutely fine with my jailbroken 2G 2.1 firmware. So far so good.

Just wish i could change the boot logo as currently its blank. Help Anyone???

Rob Harmsen
September 13, 2008 at 1:25 AM

Succesfully quickpwned with 3g iphone, but even after using diskaid Installer and Cydia are not available. Did i miss a step?

JAY
September 13, 2008 at 1:27 AM

See guys, i'm no magician here. It worked for me and so it can for you.

While pawning, the moment you go in DFU mode, you see a quick progress message that shows 1% right upto 100%

Now HOLD ON over here. This where, im sure most of you go wrong.

DO NOT CLOSE the terminal screen yet.

Things you might want to check:
1) Your wire should be firmly connected to the USB port.
2) If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. Trust me, you'll get it after a few shots.
3) Be calm & patient... breath deeply lols

JAY
September 13, 2008 at 1:30 AM

Yes Rob, you did miss a step indeed.
As the forum speaks, please follow this step.

Choose Rootfolder in diskaid and go to
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/

On your right side you will see "com.apple.mobile.installation.plist"

Well delete it and reboot.]

Happy pwning!

JAY
September 13, 2008 at 1:34 AM

I want a good ringtone maker and uploader.

Anyone help please???

JAY
September 13, 2008 at 1:38 AM

Steve, i guess your pwning process is incomplete.

Follow the guidelines listed above and perhaps you'll get through.

Cheers, atb!

Rob.harmsen@planet.nl
September 13, 2008 at 1:39 AM

Jay,

Thanks very much, just tried it an it works. But still having problems with 3g. Calling okay but internet...... My provider is Telfort/KPN from the Netherlands including an unlimited surf and mail subscription. Any suggestion how i could manage the carrier details for APN etc.? Thanks in advance

September 13, 2008 at 1:52 AM

how big is the file for iphone (first gen)? my browser show me 231 MB if i wanna to download it but real size is 230 MB, im askin because it doesnt work for me, a started over like 10 times but always stuck on apple logo and thats it....nothing more....
if anyone does know what to do - pls let me know!
thanks very much

September 13, 2008 at 2:19 AM

FUCKERS !!!!!

de_autojohn
September 13, 2008 at 2:19 AM

Hi, so I clicked go and then he did everything, I holded my home button until he had everything done to 100%, but then he showed a screen with a pineapple and something turning than the pineapple dissapeared and I only saw the turning thing and now a black screen (with the backlighting on) what now?

September 13, 2008 at 2:25 AM

wäre gut, wenn das nicht so umständlich wäre, also ohne itunes hin und her installieren, braucht ja ewig

September 13, 2008 at 2:59 AM

What itunes version 7.xxx have you downloaded to those that had the pwn work?

JKAE
September 13, 2008 at 3:07 AM

QuickPwn works great on 2.1 firmware, but the updated Installer app isn't so stable. It managed to install Adikus Pool on the third try but left no icon and other entries don't go anywhere once clicked.

The Hamster
September 13, 2008 at 3:21 AM

I get no wi-fi :(

Trying to restore again...

Hope it fixes my no wi-fi issue lol
Then, if I'm fixed I'll be trying again. Never give up! =D

Thanks for your hard work!

JKAE
September 13, 2008 at 3:32 AM

Thanks to Raymond Lo for indicating deletion of the xml package list file. That helped my issue with newly installed applications not appearing, but Installer 4 is still hit-or-miss.

The Hamster
September 13, 2008 at 3:40 AM

UPDATE: Restore fixed everything. I think my mistake was forgetting to uninstall Apple Mobile Device Driver. Jailbreak worked after uninstalling that and installing old iTunes. :D

Thanks for QuickPwn! :D

JKAE
September 13, 2008 at 3:40 AM

Apparently you don't read either, Steve. These instructions work just fine for several people, myself included. It's a PEBKAC issue. Learn some netiquette and polish your social skills.

Marko
September 13, 2008 at 3:47 AM

AWESOME!!!!!! THX MAN!!!!!!!

It works great with my phone

September 13, 2008 at 4:11 AM

Does this work on a 2nd generation 16gb ipod touch?

thx

Geckobros
September 13, 2008 at 4:18 AM

Everything went great, used 7.7.1.11. Installed everything as described. Deleted cache file, rebooted phone and see Cydia and Installer. Reinstalled 8.0 Itunes. Now trying to install apps from 8.0 doesn't work. Can't install apps from SSH.. Reboot iphone and the icons do not show up when doing it from SSH. Reboot the iphone after installing from 8.0 and Icon shows up on springboard but when you try to run it it says it cannot open the application. Any ideas?

Geckobros
September 13, 2008 at 4:21 AM

Forgot to mention, installed apps from both Installer and Cydia work fine. This is on an iphone 3g.

Mirek
September 13, 2008 at 4:31 AM

is anyone there can me explain why all my app store applications crushed even the free one

DJ_Kraziboi
September 13, 2008 at 4:39 AM

i have an error with reinstalling itune 7.7.x on my iphone, It says i must use itune 8.0 in order for my iphone to open.

Edu
September 13, 2008 at 4:39 AM

like many mentioned, follow the steps closely and i mean it. so long you follow right to the details, it should work. it worked for my 3G and I am happy. i did not install winterboard as it says only support till 2.0.2 hence I will wait. I still have my apps and games installed after the whole process. cheers to winpwn. great job.

September 13, 2008 at 4:45 AM

I didn't work after step

Phone stuck on apple logo. I think we need a better method.

DJ_Kraziboi
September 13, 2008 at 5:00 AM

i agree, the apple loading takes a while so i might just downgrade it to 2.0.1 again.

Mirek
September 13, 2008 at 5:01 AM

OK probably because I installed winterboard, could be, thx

September 13, 2008 at 5:09 AM

worked fine without uninstalling iTunes8 except i had to set my phone up as a new device AND delete the cache as ppl have mentioned. otherwise, just do as the instructions say.

cydia, cracked apps, app store, winterboard all working fine on my jailbroken iPhone3G.

September 13, 2008 at 5:11 AM

is there a way that I can downgrade my phone again? anyone? This doesn't work for me

September 13, 2008 at 5:30 AM

Great job! 3 times I tried, always got stuck on the Apple logo. 3 times I restored from iTunes and reactivated. The 4th time it worked. Cydia and Installer visable. BossPrefs, Winterboard, etc all working. Synced with my iTunes 8 and restored tunes, photo's and apps with no problem. Was scary for a while but worth it.

Thanks again for such a speedy jailbreak procedure.

September 13, 2008 at 6:25 AM

at the end , don't remember delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist
after it's good

September 13, 2008 at 6:47 AM

What did you different on the 4th time??????

Lobo
September 13, 2008 at 6:57 AM

The program refuses to accept that I have the phone in DFU mode, even though Windows finds "new hardware" called iPhone DFU something, while I'm trying.
Anything I should try/have missed?

sharpen047
September 13, 2008 at 7:06 AM

has anyone tried the gui for the itouch with this bundle?

September 13, 2008 at 7:27 AM

Does this unlock the phone so I can use it with another carrier ??

This is my main concern, any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks !!!

jim
September 13, 2008 at 8:19 AM

Just wait until winpwn comes out with a nice user-friendly fully customizable exe.

Jamal
September 13, 2008 at 8:57 AM

the program keeps crashing during the ipsw hash check thing :( any resolutions?

September 13, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Dude use the jailbreakiphone 3g quick pwn thats theonei used

September 13, 2008 at 9:13 AM

I have problem with instalacion cracked apps

when i copy app's folder to Aplications (via WINSCP), after restart i don't see icon cracked software

can You help me, please

kamil.wyroslak@gmail.com

September 13, 2008 at 9:15 AM

after delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

i still have the same problem

kamil.wyroslak@gmail.com

September 13, 2008 at 9:30 AM

hey thanks i finally got my iphone jailbroken i also had to delete the com.apple thing

Braydon
September 13, 2008 at 9:38 AM

Hi, I'm attempting my first jailbreak, but I'm having a problem with installing Itunes 7.7.?

I've actually installed it, but whenever I try to open it, a pop-up comes up and says "The file "Itunes Library.itl" could not be read because it was created in a newer version of Itunes."

What do I do?

September 13, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Hi - I have got my iphone 3G jailbreak and works perfectly fine. Thanks!

September 13, 2008 at 10:45 AM

I just have a thought - You can't brick your iphone. You can always put the phone into DFU mode and recover. I've trashed my V2 iphone many many times and I've always been able to recover. If you can't put it into DFU mode you are doing it wrong. If hacking your iphone stresses you to the point you freak out like a 3 year old after only 5 minutes then don't do it. Hacking isn't for you. Keep your iphone stock and maybe put some custom stickers on it.

September 13, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Braydon Says : September 13, 2008 3:38 PM

What do I do?

DELETE THAT FILE "Itunes Library.itl"

September 13, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Jamal Says : September 13, 2008 2:57 PM
the program keeps crashing during the ipsw hash check thing :( any resolutions?

It happen to me, I download another version of quickpwn with this site "http://xpwn.co.uk/quickpwn-2.1-2g-3g.rar" everything work perfect.

September 13, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Worked like a charm first time. Thanks guys.

September 13, 2008 at 11:58 AM

if you have a mac....then you're lucky cuz you can just go here:

there is quickpwn 1.1 for mac that will unlock your iphone to jailbreak 2.1 and you dont have to worry about uninstalling itunes or ssh-ing into your iphone....they dont have a quikpwn for windows yet to this...

mindaugs
September 13, 2008 at 11:59 AM

hi guys!
this is my first jaiilbreak and i think i have problems...
something goes wrong after step 6
phone has a black screen bubble and nothing
diskaid is searching for the phone but cant find it
and i dont know what to do.
sory for bad english

September 13, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Why doesn't iPhone maps show my EXACT location but rather zooms in and shows me all the area around me? WTF is wrong with the maps app? If I connect it through a DSL line works like a charm. If I connect it through 3G maps shit on me with the big area zoom.

September 13, 2008 at 12:22 PM

in the Installer, many apps in the main section don't open even though they show the arrow on the right. Why is that?

Alistair
September 13, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Is there a chance of this becoming easier, and more reliable?

September 13, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Is there anyone having trouble with 3G after jailbreaking 2.1 software?

September 13, 2008 at 1:12 PM

after delete of the .plist i still have the same problem

September 13, 2008 at 2:08 PM

***FOR THE ITUNES 7.7 PROBLEMS---ONE SIMPLE STEP----AFTER 8.0 un-inst,GO INTO MY DOCS AND RENAME "itunes" to "itunes8"....come on people...just use a little common sense--are you kidding me...i got this on my 1st shot w HORRIBLE instructions translated from some ??russian?? website i believe----Hope this helps

--ALSO--ONLY problem i have is with customize.app...says please connect online to download files for offline usage...yadayada..NOT verbatum BTW

September 13, 2008 at 2:09 PM

---OH---as per one forum---UNINSTALL MOBILE DEVICE from 8.0 AS WELL!!!

DJ_Kraziboi
September 13, 2008 at 3:00 PM

My iphone 2g goes completely black and still load for a long time too and nothing seems to work..... Can someone help me please?

September 13, 2008 at 3:09 PM

followed the steps but cydia or installer icons wont show up

September 13, 2008 at 3:11 PM

When I run QuickPwn-GUI.exe, it crash with error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Anyone has this problem.

September 13, 2008 at 3:13 PM

You guys are complete idiots. This was my first jailbreak and was successful. If your too dumb to jailbreak your phone and need somebody to hold your hand then jailbreaking is not for you. Maybe buy a cool case instead and put a sticker on the back to customize it.

Just follow the directions, and read the comments above. Everything was already answered for you. If you mess up, go to DFU mode and start over.

Anybody know when OrbLive is coming back out? Can the beta version that was released in August be distributed to me?

September 13, 2008 at 3:15 PM

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).". Install MS Framework .NET 2.0, disable Anti-Virus and try again.

Shawn
September 13, 2008 at 3:43 PM

I get to the PrivateFrameworks" folder. and cant find MobileInstallation.framework folder that's supposed to be to the right? help please!
Email me at gqathlete@gmail.com

Adrean
September 13, 2008 at 4:05 PM

I have a 2G iphone it was already pwned with winpwn on 2.0.1.

I just connected it to itunes 8 and updated to 2.1 and the phone remained unblocked and jailbroken without any aditional steps.

I hope you find this useful.

JiniShans
September 13, 2008 at 4:07 PM

1. This is my first jailbrake after i got my iPhone 3G on the Launch day

2. I did exactly all the steps mentioned above

3. 1s time the 5sec, 10sec, 30sec - I failed, 2nd time i did correctly

4. Got jailbroked, but could not see the cyndia & installer

5. I went thru this forum comments and deleted the file "/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist"

6. Restarted and now i'm able to see cyndia & installer

7. Now, re-started again and went to cyndia, IT WORKS

8. It asked me "Who are you ?" and i've selected Hacker (since im a .NET guy, not mac)

9. Cyndia asked me to do 3 essential upgrades

10. All 3 essential upgrades done, Cyndia restarts

Thanks
JiniShans

marco
September 13, 2008 at 4:45 PM

The quickpwn process worked fine. Now I can't get itunes 7.7 to run. It says I need version 8 for this 2.1 iphone. Do you need to put itunes8 back in to get itunes to work?

E-von
September 13, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Having a huge problem here. Itunes doesn't read my Iphone and DiskAid don't have a drop down menu. I can't do anything with my Iphone now. I previously had install cydia in my Iphone using winpwn but i decided to change to quickpwn cuz of DEP. Can someone please help me? If i have to reinstall the original copy, how can i do so?

nonvtec
September 13, 2008 at 5:02 PM

Can anyone comment on sync/backup with 2.1?!?!? I'm tired of waiting 2 hrs for it to backup.
Thanks

MTech
September 13, 2008 at 5:06 PM

Marco, yes you need to download iTunes 8 once you've successfully jailbroken your iPhone 2.1! And it will work with iTunes 8.

nonvtec, sync/backup should work.

Martin
September 13, 2008 at 5:17 PM

None of you had problems with 3g after jailbreak 2.1 soft? like very obvious call drops, being unable to download almost any content and in the best of cases it took 7 attempts to load google.com.
Am i the only one with this problem?

September 13, 2008 at 5:39 PM

It works for me too. But i have to delete the "/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist". Then, reboot it. Great stuff.

Adrian
September 13, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Hello from Romania! I want to jailbreak my i-phone (3G with 2.1) and i want to know when appear quickpwn for windows vista users? thanks for response!

September 13, 2008 at 6:57 PM

My iphone is jailbreaked. I deleted the "/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist" and I changed the MobileInstallation, but still no cydia and/or installer.... :(

September 13, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Is it possible to add cydia and installer with .ipa files?

September 13, 2008 at 7:05 PM

OUTSIDE
September 13, 2008 at 7:11 PM

how can I change boot logo in this version?

September 13, 2008 at 7:31 PM

"Could it be possible that I can't see cydia and installer because i had hidden them with BossPres before jailbreaking this last time? I really need some help!"

Yes that is the case, I hid my stocks icon with my jailbroken 2.0.2 and now that I updated to 2.1 non jailbreak the icon didn't re-appear

OUTSIDE
September 13, 2008 at 7:42 PM

how can I use the iPhone 2.1 with iTunes 7.7?

Shawn
September 13, 2008 at 7:54 PM

I did all the steps, and rebooted and all I have is the apple symbol, please help!!!!
Gqathelte@gmail.com Please email me!!!

September 13, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Does anyone know how to make the disappeared icons re-appear?

danielpops
September 13, 2008 at 8:12 PM

This all worked for me, except i had to delete the com.apple.installation.plist file as indicated by others, and i also did not downgrade to 7.7.*. Simply sticking with 8.* worked fine. I'm ready to enjoy my jailbroken 3g 2.1! thanks everyone

September 13, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Worked great BUT I lost the bluetooth. there is no option to turn on/off the bluetooth....Any help???

September 13, 2008 at 9:05 PM

i jailbreaked my iphone 3g 2.1 using this metohd... now can i use my phone in itunes 8.......... if i use my iphone in itunes8 will it be sync n backup my phone n also can i transfer r buy r do anything which i was doing before.........pls help me .....pls answer this.....plssssssss

September 13, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Hi everybody. I've a hurge probelm with my 2G iPhone, used the QuickPwn tool to Jailbreak and update my mobile from 1.1.4 to 2.1 it worked with jailbreaking it!! but I can't use the mobile any more since it is locked...! so in the present moment I can just use it as an iPod not more..!! can any body tell me how to unlck my phone back? and it is this is not possible can I at least downgrad my iPhone to 1.1.4 firmware again!? Please help me coz right now I'Ve 500EUR Mobile phone which is not working at all! thank u so much in advance for ur help!

Jamal
September 13, 2008 at 9:35 PM

hey, everything is working fine but i had to upgrade back to itunes 8 as itunes 7 wasnt able to work with the iphone. Everything was running fine, the cracked apps were working. now after i restarted my comp, itunes won't let me add any new cracked apps. its saying that the file is not a valid application.
any help guys?

OUTSIDE
September 13, 2008 at 9:47 PM

I have it Jailbreaked, my 3G iPhone, with 2.1.

The Installer and Cydia works, but... I can't install .ipa cracked apps through iTunes 8!

It says that it can't validate the app!

September 13, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Hi Guys!

I did a big mistake, I have got an Iphone 3G Black 16GB from America if it is right AT&T's.
I used the phone in Hungary with TURBOSIM. I upgraded the phone for 2.1 it worked fine. But I restored factory settings and that set back everthing. After that the phone locked itself so I can not use it in Hungary even with the TURBOSIM. I tried to restore the phone for 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 but I always get error messages. The Jailbreak is not working because when I use the QUICK PWN and it is done the phone restarting again and again under the apple logo. I really need some help guys. If you have any question just ask!

Mo
September 13, 2008 at 10:02 PM

i'm having problems syncing my music and videos back. this is the error i am getting:

attempting to copy to disk "iPhone" failed. An unknown error occurred (-69)

anyone else had/having this problem?

mo

September 13, 2008 at 10:42 PM

i have the same apple logo, it's kindda dead.. any solution ?

September 13, 2008 at 10:52 PM

ok, it's me who had the iphone logo after doing the thing. I did something wrong : i deleted the FOLDER mobileinstallation.framework not the file within that folder. luckly i back-upped the folder prior to deleting. now i have the iphone back. i used the diskaid in 'logo mode' to access the phone. aaand.. it worked ! well, nothing changed actually, i don't see the installer or anything.. i'll keep on going, we'll see, maybe one day..

September 13, 2008 at 11:04 PM

""OUTSIDE Says :
September 14, 2008 3:47 AM

I have it Jailbreaked, my 3G iPhone, with 2.1.
It says that it can't validate the app!""

I have the same problem,cracked app not working

please healp

kamil.wyroslak@gmail.com

September 13, 2008 at 11:16 PM

""OUTSIDE Says :
September 14, 2008 3:47 AM

I have it Jailbreaked, my 3G iPhone, with 2.1.
It says that it can't validate the app!""

I have the same problem,cracked app not working

please healp

kamil.wyroslak@gmail.com

Kamil
September 13, 2008 at 11:19 PM

""OUTSIDE Says :
September 14, 2008 3:47 AM

I have it Jailbreaked, my 3G iPhone, with 2.1.
It says that it can't validate the app!""

I have the same problem,cracked app not working

please healp

kamil.wyroslak@gmail.com

Kamil
September 13, 2008 at 11:20 PM

""OUTSIDE Says :
September 14, 2008 3:47 AM

I have it Jailbreaked, my 3G iPhone, with 2.1.
It says that it can't validate the app!""

I have the same problem,cracked app not working

please healp

kamil.wyroslak@gmail.com

September 13, 2008 at 11:54 PM

Thanks Quickpwn, everything worked as detailed. The only problem I have in Itunes8 is that I can't backup my iphone 3g with the jailbroken FW 2.1. Within Itunes I get an error message, "Iphone disconnected, cannot backup". This occurs even though the phone is connected through the USB dock connector cable and is charging.

Anyone have any ideas? Help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

September 14, 2008 at 1:24 AM

{Anonymous Says :
September 13, 2008 12:47 PM
What did you different on the 4th time??????}

The 4th time I deleted the file and not the folder, LOL! BTW, I just did a second 3G iPhone and never uninstalled iTunes 8 on that computer. And it is faster than 2.01, contacts open and scroll much quicker.

September 14, 2008 at 1:30 AM

Finally got my 2G phone working again. Problem is that I have FIDO and my SIM does not appear valid to iTunes. Had to go onto another box without any itunes. Installed iTunes 7.7 and winpwn 2.5. Cooked a new 2.02 custom firmware, and restored using itunes 7.7. Went to other box running iTunes 8, and restored from my latest backup. I will wait until there is a new WinPwn for 2.1 firmware, or a quickpwn that supports unlocking as well.

September 14, 2008 at 1:31 AM

if i pwned the iphone 3g but don't see installer and cydia, what does that mean ? can i go with diskaid and install what i want ? can i make installer and cydia visible ?

September 14, 2008 at 2:26 AM

and the final message: the mobileinstallation link up here is bad - i used another philgin.com patched file and i have installer and cydia. long and difficult process, not for the unexperienced pc user..

September 14, 2008 at 2:46 AM

And where is that file?

September 14, 2008 at 4:18 AM

I can't put the phone into DFU mode, I followed all instructions on the screen as described and they put my phone only in restore mode.